Polytunnel autoflower

Crow River

Nice1. You seem to have it well sussed. 

I didn't check the video out but assume they didn't rinse from your post.

Glad you decided to rinse. Always gotta play it safe 

Happy drying and I'll pop back to check on duck2

• Like 1

Just now, CheechChongReturns said:

I didn't check the video out but assume they didn't rinse from your post.

Glad you decided to rinse. Always gotta play it safe 

He did rinse, but with a fancy hose attachment. Fine if you're chilling in your huge greenhouse in California. I make do with a bucket in the bathroom! :D 

• Like 2

@Crow River   Im gutted & feel for you mate :(      Its soul destroying seeing them turn .....that  fluffy grey / brown sight just makes the heart sink ! 

I grew covered outdoors for a few years , even in a good season i still struggled ,  the amount i was losing led me to being strictly outdoors & uncovered.

I hope you rescue the affected crop mate.     Personally i wouldnt trust anything and simply binned anything suspect , mainly due to it being consumed by pensioners with lesser resilience to anything adverse and me really not wanting anyone consuming anything i was dubious over.  

Really feel for you mate ,   get them windows open & sides up :yep:     Or kick the duck outside ?       

Funny  , not in a ha ha manner . as after seeing the weather due i was going to post up a note for the tunnel / poly greenhouse boys & girls to be a rot patrol & get the air flow moving as much as poss.    

• Like 1

Gutted for u mate bloody horrible losing out to the rot.

A bit worried about the girls i got flowering to be honest we have had 2 days of warm damp weather and its set to carry on till midweek.

This happened last time i done autos as well and lost the lot in 3 days.:wallbash:

• Like 2

Just now, murphyblue said:

Gutted for u mate bloody horrible losing out to the rot.

A bit worried about the girls i got flowering to be honest we have had 2 days of warm damp weather and its set to carry on till midweek.

This happened last time i done autos as well and lost the lot in 3 days.:wallbash:

I was getting ready to stick a rot warning up when i sadly spotted this mate  !      You know its that gutting feeling seeing it all turn to shit overnight :( 

Its just so tempting to run the gamble .... but at what cost.        At least its early enough that most will only have autos to worry about ,  poss some early fems.    

Im being very careful as o got the fems in light dep ..... only 2wks away ... will see how we go .... snips at the ready lol   

• Like 2

@OldFord i got a lovely little auto gelato out there week or 2 and she would be done.:wallbash:

I might have to get that soaking i thought i had avoided after all as found a tiny bit on her sister i chopped midweek and don't think she will take 5 days of this.

And it will mean a proper soaking for me undergrowth will be dripping bugger bugger bugger. lol

• Like 2

I'm gutted for you. It's hard to swallow seeing those buds turn to shit. 

I got 2 autos left to chop both are about a week off finishing. It's a gamble for sure ...

• Like 3

Well the salvaged buds were washed last night, then put to dry for a few hours. I've trimmed the remaining fan leaves and larger bud leaves (very leafy buds on the Auto Duck) and checked every bud for any further signs of rot. Anything that looked suspect has been cut out or set to one side. The crop is sitting in paper bags just now, the single popcorn and smaller buds will stay in bags, the larger branches and large top buds will be hung up to dry today. 

Overall it's still a decent sized harvest, because the plant was so big. Just hope the drying goes alright.

• Like 2

That's the crop drying properly now. I'll check on it regularly, but looking good so far.

6 hours ago, OldFord said:

I grew covered outdoors for a few years , even in a good season i still struggled ,  the amount i was losing led me to being strictly outdoors & uncovered.

If I had a sheltered, sunny spot that was discreet enough, I'd grow outdoors too. Alas the place I have access to is pretty windswept, and not private enough. Hence the polytunnel. 

Problem I had, this being my first outdoors grow, was paranoia. Too worried about someone spotting the big plant, especially in the last month of flower. Tricky balancing act really. I know now that I need to get better ventilation, especially since the other plants in the polytunnel (tomatoes, peppers, etc.) are big and have created a bit of a jungle. 

It's all a learning experience for me. We'll see how Auto Duck 2 gets on, but I'm pretty impressed with this strain I must say. Already thinking ahead to next year! :D Might try and do some Frisian Duck too next time.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

@Crow River  Mate i feel for you & please dont think i m having a pop :yep:        We all grow in a needs must method , be it in plainsight , GG , greenhouse .... use what you can :) 

I been in your shoes  and got bitten a few years ,  then had enough , it was either quit or get right  out out lol    

• Like 1

@OldFord, no worries, never took it that way. 

Even though this grow went awry at the end, I've still got a crop and the only costs were the seed, plus soil/modifiers and fertiliser. As the saying goes, nearly free. All the rest of the stuff can and will be used for growing something else.

I don't have my own garden, and the GG option just not looking feasible as I'm in a city, and there is very little secluded countryside nearby. What there is, constantly hoaching with dog walkers, runners, foragers, etc. If I can crack the polytunnel thing and get (relatively) mould / disease free harvests that's probably a better fit for me at the moment.

• Like 1

@CustardVape, @murphyblue, cheers folks, yeah it was a nasty experience. Suppose I was asking for it mind you, I really should have done something about the crazy high humidity weeks ago. Was too paranoid about thieves or coppers TBH. Lesson learned the hard way.

I mean, got my shed broken into a few weeks back, took a couple of tools but they never noticed the weed. Didn't expect to find any I suppose, but also the Auto Duck is a stealthy one. :) That is, until it starts to smell...

We'll see what happens with the second wee Auto Duck. I'm hopeful that humidity will be less of an issue now that I've opened up the ventilation a bit more.

• Like 2

I've decided to move some of the plants currently growing at my windowsill to my polytunnel at some point this month. The strain is Dr Jack "Auto", though one of the plants is 94 days old and still not in flower! I have made a number of clones from this girl, and two or three of these will most likely go to the polytunnel too. I'll prune back the big girl, and top the clones before moving. They'll continue to veg for the best part of a month probably, before hopefully flowering... I'll aim to keep them all relatively small. This is partly for reasons of space, but also to make them less obvious. If all goes well, harvest should be in late October.

Ok mate sorry to hear about rot only good thing is you know for next time how did it smell in the end does it come in feminised I paranoid about smell at the minute cheers

• Like 1