Polytunnel autoflower

Crow River

Look who broke through the soil surface overnight. It's the second Auto Duck, reaching for today's very welcome sunshine.

So she's at Day 1 of her adventure. I'll keep her in the propagator for another day or two, then she'll go to the windowsill until she's ready to move to the polytunnel.

large.DSC01308.jpeg

• Like 2

In celebration of the Summer Solstice, I visited the polytunnel to see how the Auto Duck was getting on. She's now 56 days old, and in flower. 90cm tall, so not much bigger than last time, but she has filled out a bit with plenty of side branches. Very healthy and clearly enjoying life in the polytunnel among the tomatoes and herbs. I gave her some grow nutes and some bloom nutes today, and wished her well. She'll soon be joined by a little sister. :) 

large.auto-duck-day-52-full.jpeglarge.auto-duck-day-52.jpeg

• Like 12

@CustardVape, @growinggold, yeah it's a great robust and super stealthy strain. Early days yet, but still no real scent off the girl. Will have to see how it goes once she's really into full on flower, but the signs are good this far. :) 

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

The wee Auto Duck seedling is at Day 8 and her roots have started breaking through the bottom of the fibre pot she's in. So it's time to pot her up into the final bucket down at the polytunnel.

Weird "summer" weather at the moment, blowing a gale outside and cloudy with rain most of the day, but the sun has finally put in an appearance...

• Like 1

I heard that some sheds near to the polytunnel had been broken into over the weekend, so I went down fearing the worst. Auto Duck was just fine, her stealth means she doesn't attract unwanted attention.

She's at Day 58, and stands 105cm tall and 90cm across. Her buds are developing nicely, but still no scent coming from this girl. Humidity was high in the polytunnel today, partly the weather has been humid, but also the cool breeze meant condensation was all over the insides of the greenhouse. I gave it a good airing. However Auto Duck seems fairly unconcerned. I gave her some bloom feed today.

I planted up the tiny Auto Duck seedling in her final pot today, and she is sitting just in front of her big sister now so she'll get plenty of light.

large.IMG_20220627_174351.jpeglarge.IMG_20220627_174422.jpeglarge.IMG_20220627_174441.jpeglarge.IMG_20220627_180335.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, CheechChongReturns said:

That's a right quacker.

:chains:

What's she smelling like?

No smell so far. Did not try a leaf or stem rub today, but previously not much scent from these either.

• Like 2

Hi Crow river,  did a duck a few years ago and she had very little to no odour at all,even when drying there was no smell.

Good luck

Zeb

• Like 1

@Zebal, thanks, good to know. :) Handy for super stealth.

I understand the bud is not very potent, but that's fine. Various processing options available.

Edited by Crow River

On 17/05/2022 at 0:12 PM, Crow River said:

Yeah, I'm seeing it as a positive indicator. Just curious what they are... :) 

Looks Parasola sp. to me mate - likely Parasola Plicatilis (pleated inkcap - harmless).

• Like 1

Was at the polytunnel today. Auto Duck is on day 64. She's 112cm high now, and wider too, around 95-100cm at the widest point. So much so she was overshadowing Auto Duck 2, so I moved the seedling towards the light a bit. One thing I noticed while giving the big girl some tomato feed was the buds have a classic cannabis aroma. Only noticeable if you brush against the buds. I also put my nose very close to them and they have that unmistakable smell. The leaves have no scent, even when rubbed. No smell from a distance either, only really close or if the buds are touched. 

Sorry no photos as I forgot to take a device with a decent camera. Next visit I'll take snaps.

Both girls are healthy, no problems. Maybe another month to go for the big girl, the wee one just beginning her journey still.

• Like 1

Day 68 for the Auto Duck. Same height as on Sunday, so it seems she is focused on building her buds. Still no scent in the space, but I did a stem rum and she has a lovely canna scent, but not from the leaves. All's well with the big girl. She got some more tomato feed today and a small amount of grow feed too.

Auto Duck 2 is 19 days old. Bigger than a few days ago but still quite small, I suspect she is not getting as much sunlight as her older sister did at this stage, due to tall tomato plants all around and also it's just not been very sunny these past few weeks. Plenty of time left for her to grow.

large.DSC01382.jpeglarge.DSC01385.jpeglarge.DSC01386.jpeglarge.DSC01387.jpeg

• Like 6