This Years Offerings 2022

OldFord

On 17/04/2022 at 4:51 PM, Ccs141 said:

Looking good hopefully have some shd X auto ultimate for the season as well hope you have a belter season mate 

Thanks mate  yeah this year will be a good one :yep:,  The SHD x BBG had so much flavour its immense :)  The effect aint half bad either,  this will be my 3rd or 4th run at it and its got a sherbet zesty berry thing going on and i love it ,  i also have a few variants from auto ultimate to guerilla  express and very much looking forward to playing with them and the cured jars once i get them home safe.     

• Like 3

Good morning people :)     Squishy face and i been up since the sun broke and been for a good walk in the woods ,  def seeing 3 if not 4 little grows dotted around and 2 have got some great prep work & ingenious cages going on using wicker baskets.  

After our long walk squishy face is too tired to tired to help titivate the girls in the garden so its just mental bass cat & i on garden tidying. 

The girls are all looking fairly happy , growth is slow as to be expected but theres def above ground progress and the roots are def massing so im happy :) 

So far the only 1 plant seems to be on a go slow , a Panty Punch that really didnt want to grow but its now gathering pace and getting its act into gear.

The aroma emanating from the Seed Stockers Apollo Black Cherry  is rather intense for such a little plant and looking forward to seeing how she develops :yep:

The Seed Stockers Blackberry Gum is by far the biggest and farthest along ,  she was 1st to break ground and raced off with no signs of slowing.   

The Humboldt CNOG is looking fantastic and really looking forward to sampling them  ,  cheers to @murphyblue for getting me onto that one.    

The single Sweets Ice Cool can be identified from a good few feet away already due to the diesel / fuel aromas shes chucking out , def loud on the volume scale :) 

Heres a few pics of how we look this morning and apologies i have not had the time to sit and tag each pic ,  i been so busy racing to put her old Merc back together after the rest but i only have a few days left and can then concentrate back on the girls.      I have all the pots numbered and will put a numbered list up so you can check whats what until i tag the pics.   

• Like 5

A quick check on the girls after a crazy long week and they all seem happy :)  

Still reckon im on track for a flip on 1st june .... if those slimey little ninja fuckers dont wreak havoc between now and then.   

I am aiming to top the girls on monday as want to try keep them shorter than my usual ... let them grow style as having so many in the light dep set up means some may get light blocked if i dont tie them down & keep things short ,  yes i will lose some weight but im not fussed  as i dont smoke that much  and as long as they come out well &  the goods are well cooked :) 

I will get before & after pics up on monday.   

The star of the show so far this year is an old Humboldt Choc Mint OG , the smell in very intense !   shes a nice dark broad leaf girl that looks like she could fill out nicely ,  i may just run her full term and not put her into the light dep group just to see what i can do with her.   

Cheers to  @murphyblue for putting me on this one as the beans have been lurking in the fridge for years.  

Have a fantastic weekend boys & girls :yep:

• Like 9

Its early doors on a saturday night ...and im sat at home & on here like billy no mates lol     

Mrs OF is out with the girls , squishy face the feckin bulldog is snoring its chump off and mental Bass cat is upside down in the bass bins ,  and im shattered , run down , mentally beat up and generally tired but cant switch off ,  cant be arsed going out ,   fancy some chill time before the fam arrives tomoz  so  im going to have a few smokes :yep:   my 2nd smoke this month and looking forward to it .... what to have !?!?   

Tonight i shall be sampling some Dinafem  OG Cookies to enjoy some music for a bit ,  then get into some  Sweets Cream Caramel jar to make sure i sleep like a baby :) 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

For some strange reason .... prob as im a tech luddite & im waking & baking with Sweets Cream Mandy ... i stuck an update in last years diary lol   

I have copied & pasted below then i can get on with how the girls look today :yep:   

Sunday morning salutations boys & girls :yep:     Hope yor all having a chilled sunday.  

Firstly i apologise for the lack of updates as to be honest im being a lazy fecker lol     After weeks of crazy hours im enjoying the easy life , no work , just sloth mode with fam , fur babies and friends , lots of good food , music and some sun blessed goods from last years runs.   

Been up since daybreak , out with Squishy Face ,  its now snoring its chump off and i can get some peace to play in the garden without being ... helped lol   

A nosey around the girls has shown the first signs of the slime brigade munching on my girls ,  its war !!    

I need to do some more caressing on the girls and will get some pics up later today , im very happy with most and def on track for a flip on the 1st June as per the gamble :)  

Im torn between 2 girls for this years "Star of the Garden Grow"  ,  an Apollo Black Cherry & a Choc Mint OG ,  both LOUD on the smell stakes already and both looking very nice indeed for being outdoor through frosts and shit weather.   Def taking cuttings as both are little crackers.  

Off to sort the girls and update shortly.    

• Like 6

A few pics of how the girls look today ,  im happy with most , a few have given me headaches and im convinced its as simple as they just cant handle the lower temps that others can , its been cold , wet and windy with a few days of sun inbetween , most are happy but 2 in particular just aint happy and im struggling with them.

Both are from SeedStockers and i have ordered a fresh pack of each just to try rerun them as im convinced i have not done anything wrong , they have been problematic since the get go , only 1 of each set of 3 survived , they either died straight after breaking soil or stunted and died ,  the remaining singular girl from each cultivar stunted then got going again , sadly each is displaying difficulties and no matter the care , love and attention i cant seem to rectify them.   

I have not fed them so its not feed,  im still positive its as simple as they dont like the cooler outdoors life, hence trying a new pack of each in the warmer weather and see what happens. 

Anyway this is how we look so far  -  

You will notice a strange little black pussy cat appearing some of the pics ,  she appeared around 2 months ago with Bass Cat , she was injured / cold / wet and very hungry ,  we took her to the vets and got her sorted out, they reckon shes been outdoors a while and has no chip or tattoos , so i got no idea whom she belongs to ,  i have put up posters and got friends who do social media to post around to try find her mummy & daddy but no luck.   So in the meantime shes living with us , Bass Cat seems to love her , Squishy Face has taken to her and shes so small feeding hers no dramas  , she a cute girl with lots of love and follows me around.    I wont see her dumped in a shelter so until shes claimed she can carry on living here. :yep:   She loves the sand pit ! 

large_023.JPG

SeedStockers Apollo Black Cherry  -    Seems very happy ,  been topped and im happy to flip in a few weeks time.   Smells incredible. 

large_024.JPGlarge_025.JPG

Humboldts Choc Mint OG   -   Murphy Blue ran this  and it reminded me i had a pack in the fridge for time and got them going , suffice to say they are loving outdoor life,  look very happy , smell incredible !    been topped and happy to flip in a few weeks.  

large_028.JPG

SeedStockers  BlackBerry Gum -  Looking pretty happy , been topped ,  smells fruity and happy to flip in a few weeks.   

large_029.JPG

SeedStockers Mac & Crack   -  This is LOUD !  11 on the smell factor :)     Seems happy , been topped and happy to flip in a few weeks.  Easy to grow so far. 

large_030.JPG

SeedStockers Gelato 41  -   Very slow to start , poss temp related.   Seems pretty happy , smells so sweet ,  been topped and happy to flip in a few weeks. 

large_031.JPG

SeedStockers Panty Punch -  This has been a fkn headache , only 1 of 3 to make it ,  just not right and cant seem to rectify as even the new growth is wrong.

Still stand by its the cold  , 1st seed died upon breaking soil , 2nd seed broke soil and went mutant instantly ,  in same soil as everything else, no feed , kept at same temps and exact same conditions.   I have purchased a fresh pack to prove to myself it was the temps she cant handle , we shall see.

Shame as she smells very strange and the structure is nice,  actually looking forward to see what they offer as i quite fancy them.

large_032.JPG

SeedStockers Wedding Glue  -  Again this is the sole survior of 3  , 1st just broke soil and died,  2nd started and just stopped with its crash helmet through the soil and this one has been a headache,  i cant rectify , again its had no feed , been at the same temp & in same conditions as all others with only these 2 giving me probs.   Still say its my fault trying them outdoors way too early & cold.   

Not knocking SeedStockers in any way and as such i bought another pack to prove it is the cold they dont like.    

I will grow this out full temr and see what it offers as the best end product always come from a mutant lol  

large_033.JPG

Sweets Auto Cream Mandarine -   This is the only Sweets strain im running as they refuse to ship to the UK when others can ??   So i will drop my money on other brands.   I grow the auto mandy out as i love it ,  the flavour / taste and effect are all my idea of fantastic.   A very uniform grow and hardy plant ,  grown over numerous runs and not had a single bad experience.   Just spouted and happy outdoors under a dome.   Cant not have a jar in the cupboard as its very nice :) 

large_034.JPG

Alfemco MWF -   Having another go at the MWF ,  last years got brutalised by the slime brigade and bounced back from a bare stalk twice !!   She still romped home like a champ and the end product is fantastic.   Hope i can do them justice this year.   Will be going full term and so looking forward to it. 

large_035.JPG

Subbies  -  SHD x BBG   - Quite poss my fav smoke !    Flavour / taste sensation and aint half bad in the effects dept either :)     

I have run these for the last 3 yrs , i ballsed up last years with being sick and they were battered by the time i harvested but the end product is still great ,  i promise to do better this year :) 

large_036.JPG

I was going to run everything in light dep thei year but with mutants and headaches  , the fact im a sadistic git and want the challenge of running some full term against momma nature & lady luck lol     The next pic will be the first group being subjected to light dep , got 2 more phases to come ,  everything in the rows in the following pics will be run full term as i love a challenge ;) large_037.JPG

Randoms & full termers just for shits & giggles lol       The above is the 1st phase for light dep.   Below full term.  

large_038.JPGlarge_039.JPGlarge_040.JPGlarge_041.JPGlarge_042.JPGlarge_043.JPG

Since completing the good ladys car resto i have been chilling,  i have put in some crazy hours over the last few months ,  madness as i retired last year and ben busier since i retired lol      I have decided to take less work on as im suffering health wise a bit ,  not great but shit happens and you play the hand your dealt. 

So during the new found sloth mode ,  not actually enjoying it but docs & wifeys orders,  i took Squishy Face off for a few days and we had a camp out with some fam & kids for a giggle not far from the house and found an amazing GG spot !   I never knew this place existed and have lived here for time,  its a huge mission to get to ,  sees almost no footfall , ..... i found old style Pepsi cans, marathon wrappers and crossply tyres lol     It is secluded, sheltered and had a little stream ... so it would be very rude of me not to break the soil and get a mini (  20 plant ) GG grown under way.    I have done some ground work and transported bits , will be going back in 2 wks with Squishy Face ,  fams kids to camp out and plant up :)  

large_013.JPGlarge_012.JPG

Thats all for now folks.    

Have a fantastic sunday boys & girls.      

Im off to get the old race car ready for some madness next weekend :) 

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 14

I think the cat is putting down roots faster than your plants . knows its found a safe , loveing home .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, popespliff said:

I think the cat is putting down roots faster than your plants . knows its found a safe , loveing home .

Yeah shes made herself at home quite nicely.   the vets reckon either a fox or dog had got her ,  i wont see an animal suffer mate so she had to go to the vets regardless of whom owned her.

Shes fitting in nicely and i hope she gets to remain here as she no bother and seems happy.     

The early plant out is always a huge gamble but i need to if im going light dep ,  if i can score like last year i will be a very happy chappy :yep:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Yeah shes made herself at home quite nicely.   the vets reckon either a fox or dog had got her ,  i wont see an animal suffer mate so she had to go to the vets regardless of whom owned her.

Shes fitting in nicely and i hope she gets to remain here as she no bother and seems happy.     

The early plant out is always a huge gamble but i need to if im going light dep ,  if i can score like last year i will be a very happy chappy :yep:

Same here child and animsl cruelty is fkin wrong and they should get it back 10 fold.

But slugs that eat my plants are getting it!!

An awesome update as always.. glad you found a loving cat. I found one by the roadside last year that was cute for the first two weeks and then proved to be a genghis khan pheno.. He's absolutely nuts/terrifying but we still love him all the same lol

• Like 2

They all look lovely, mate. A fine selection you have there.  Yes, beware of slugs/snails, I pulled a few from my garden this morning after last nights rain...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

An awesome update as always.. glad you found a loving cat. I found one by the roadside last year that was cute for the first two weeks and then proved to be a genghis khan pheno.. He's absolutely nuts/terrifying but we still love him all the same lol

I just couldnt leave her to suffer mate , i found her on the patio with Bass Cat cuddling her , when i approached she just lay there and thats when i see the blood, the vet reckoned she had been attacked by a dog and Bass Cat brought her home.  She was badly mauled , bitten and had numerous puncture wounds but after a few vet visits shes fine. 

We are the same with Bass Cat ,  hes a lunatic lol     He fights the local dogs and most cross the road to avoid him as hes a HUGE cat ,the vet reckons hes the biggest cat hes seen. 

At home hes a big softy cuddle monster , regularly rolls about with Squishy Face,  you never get a dull moment when either is around :) 

• Like 3