This Years Offerings 2022

OldFord

Right boys & girls this is almost the last pics from this years flower show sadly.   

I still have the Dutch Passion  Passion #1 lower stuff still cooking but its been out a few weeks now and with me being in & out of hospital sadly shes been neglected and have no idea how it looks .... will find out tomoz ! 

Ok ,  the last 2 that were still running were the Mexican Sativa thingy  ... i have no idea lol    It was one of our pensioner grower collectives plant that outgrew the tent and i was given the task of trying to get it home.   I kind of neglected it when it needed love the most but it did complete and offer a healthy bounty ,  as to the quality i have no idea other than she was rot free , dense spicy nuggets and seemed healthy enough ,  it got chopped / dried and dumped in the cooking bags.

The Mexican Sativa Thingy 

large_033.JPGlarge_070.JPG 

Dutch Passion   Passion #1  ,   my 1st run of DP's fems and highly impressed !      

Again i intentionally neglected the shit out of her as had read and was told she was a hardy outdoor girl bred to take our poor weather so she had some tough love and i got to say im a fan of the plant.     I cant speak for potency or flavour ,  im speaking in terms of being a garden growers delight -   huge yield for her size , dense nuggets  ,  little to no smell until shes handled and even then shes mild.    Lots of colouron this girl , the last few weeks she really picked up colour and went dark on the mains.

A bumper crop and not a single blemish or spot of rot to be seen and i really pushed her  ... leaving dead / decaying leaves ,  little feed ,  just harsh love as i wanted to really test her and she passed with flying colour.s.      With all the pics over the last few weeks of her im sure i will get some in the timeline mixed up lol     

Anyway the lowers are still cooking outwith all the main stuff on the nets drying.

large_041.JPGlarge_040.JPGlarge_039.JPGlarge_038.JPGlarge_024.JPGlarge_029.JPGlarge_030.JPGlarge_028.JPGlarge_025.JPGlarge_052.JPGlarge_053.JPGlarge_046.JPGlarge_043.JPGlarge_055.JPGlarge_056.JPGlarge_057.JPGlarge_058.JPGlarge_026.JPGlarge_027.JPGlarge_031.JPGlarge_035.JPGlarge_036.JPGlarge_037.JPGlarge_062.JPGlarge_085.JPGlarge_089.JPGlarge_088.JPGlarge_087.JPGlarge_086.JPGlarge_090.JPGlarge_095.JPGlarge_096.JPGlarge_091.JPGlarge_059.JPG

I took numerous boxes from this girl ,  filled the nets on her own so im really happy with her.

Such a sad time when theres only 1/2 a plant left and the seasons over !    But heres to a fantastic 2023 .. with a little luck.

Thanks for stopping by and all the very best boys & girls.   

• Like 11

Stunning pair of girls there. They have both done incredibly well given the late point in the year. I suppose the mild weather has helped a fair bit. The Passion #1 is particularly impressive, I will certainly look into that strain for my attempt next year.

Growing season drawing to a close. But that means it will soon be time to enjoy the fruits of your labour. :) All the best!

3 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Stunning pair of girls there. They have both done incredibly well given the late point in the year. I suppose the mild weather has helped a fair bit. The Passion #1 is particularly impressive, I will certainly look into that strain for my attempt next year.

Growing season drawing to a close. But that means it will soon be time to enjoy the fruits of your labour. :) All the best!

Cheers  ,  Sad times indeed sir !     The Passion #1 has def impressed me and a very promising results but would like to see her in the ground as the vigour / growth traits are outstanding.

Been a few stand out new plants this season ,  Panik's Super 61 and Fast Lemon Cake will be on my list for next run alongside the Passion #1 and the Black Lebanon as all had something special that i would like to play with on another run.    All offered up really dense dried nuggets with some huge aromas for outdoors , the Black Leb in particular offering a unique terpine profile i have never experienced before and its so unlike weed ,  almost exotic fruit &  flowers.     

More than happy to send some beans of each into Joolz to be sent on for you :yep:          All the best mate ,  

• Like 2

Black Leb sounds interesting. :) 

Given where I am, I've been researching autos/semi-autos or 'fast' versions. But it would be great to find strains that are really tough and can survive well into late October/early November. That's why I'm intrigued by your experience with Passion #1. Saw some discussion of latitude a while back... I can't remember, but I seem to recall you're reasonably far north, is that right?

Edited by Crow River

31 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Black Leb sounds interesting. :) 

Given where I am, I've been researching autos/semi-autos or 'fast' versions. But it would be great to find strains that are really tough and can survive well into late October/early November. That's why I'm intrigued by your experience with Passion #1. Saw some discussion of latitude a while back... I can't remember, but I seem to recall you're reasonably far north, is that right?

Im down south mate  , lat 52/ 53 but i GG in Glasgow and fam do a few plants in Inverness.         The Passion #1 will be run in Inverness next season.   

FYI ... Paniks Super 61's romped home with zero issues up north :yep:

Edited by OldFord
more info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OldFord said:

Im down south mate  , lat 52/ 53 but i GG in Glasgow and fam do a few plants in Inverness.         The Passion #1 will be run in Inverness next season.   

FYI ... Paniks Super 61's romped home with zero issues up north :yep:

Ah, yes I remember a reference to the Dear Green Place in a thread somewhere. That must have sown confusion in my mind. So if Passion #1 is finishing late October/early November where you are, then it will be a fair bit later at lat 55/56.....depending on conditions too I suppose.

I'll definitely try out some later finishers though, see what's possible and also maybe find some strains that are tough and hardy enough to survive through the autumn... :) 

Just now, Crow River said:

Ah, yes I remember a reference to the Dear Green Place in a thread somewhere. That must have sown confusion in my mind. So if Passion #1 is finishing late October/early November where you are, then it will be a fair bit later at lat 55/56.....depending on conditions too I suppose.

I'll definitely try out some later finishers though, see what's possible and also maybe find some strains that are tough and hardy enough to survive through the autumn... :) 

Mate sorry to keep quoting  but the site wont let me tag , like or add pics ,  tried numerous browsers and devices to the same effect.  

The Passion #1 was a late starter due to being offered from Antonio later in the season from memory and from what i have seen so far its highly likely with an early enough start you could be on a winner.

The Passion #1 when done up north will most likely be forced a good few weeks early to lift her skirts and get her lady bits out ... just to ensure its a winner.    Nothing fancy , prob just a cane frame & blackout sheet then let her go her own way once flowering as natural hours should be ok.        

• Like 1

@OldFord, yeah that makes sense. Inversneggy is above lat 57, so quite far north, can see light dip being a good idea. I suppose starting a bit earlier would mean a bigger plant, more established, possibly starting to flower slightly earlier right enough.

I'd never have guessed a Mexican sativa to be even remotely suitable for outdoors but she looks bloody brilliant mate, you've got a bit of a knack for this haven't you :notworthy:

• Like 1