ALIEN V SYSTEM HELP

Puffdiddy

Space is tight tbh, so that's a x4 pot alien, thought it was diy.

Looks like a diy room though but control is half in/out of it?

Just looked at the 9820, it's a beast and would be ideal and it's relatively cheap 60l/min / 380l/hour.

That must produce some bubbles with them stones! does the whole kit come wit that? You are swaying to get one of these now tbh for time and hassle....

I can't believe u have not had root problems tbh without a chiller, that's VERY lucky or is it the thing i can barely see on the right but it's not connected to the main tank?

you also have a filler tank i see, i think these are problem as well as it's going to get warm/grow nasties and then put it in the sytem? or can you chill that also??

Also you have outlets each side of each tub, i like that idea, more water, less fluctuation but can't find that kit? Its all small return stuff that i don't want tbh.

thanks for replying it is much appreciated.. :)

I think 4 or 5 pot monsters are the way tbh, also what's that white space the white thing in middle (humidity/fan of sorts)  and the dangling things/sensors?

cheers pal

• Like 1

large.5da1d8506335a_Illlux.jpg

@takeiteazy you can get the pots in side by side but the spacing absolutely sucks!!!!

The balance on a three pot system sucks as well....The run would fail after the second row I reckon....thats the problem with repeat rows...water levels if the connectors are not big enough.

On system that have more than two rows I want 63mm+ connectors :yep:

• Like 1

Ah right, my thinking was correct.

So you want parallel runs along the sides of the tubs for balance, rather direct from one into another like in series?

I think you could balance it further with simple isolators/ball valves on each feed line? Like they have in Koi/Garden centres, love looking in those places.. lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, takeiteazy said:

Space is tight tbh, so that's a x4 pot alien, thought it was diy.

Looks like a diy room though but control is half in/out of it? No...its out the 'room' the door closes over it.

Just looked at the 9820, it's a beast and would be ideal and it's relatively cheap 60l/min / 380l/hour. She's a beauty...but base your decision on which size pump you need by the volume of water in your system....you can over do it believe me.

That must produce some bubbles with them stones! does the whole kit come wit that? You are swaying to get one of these now tbh for time and hassle....If you have the time etc a DIY build will save you a lot of money....If you have deep pockets a number of companies will build you a monster system.

I can't believe u have not had root problems tbh without a chiller, that's VERY lucky or is it the thing i can barely see on the right but it's not connected to the main tank? I have chillier connected.....a big one lol  

you also have a filler tank i see, i think these are problem as well as it's going to get warm/grow nasties and then put it in the sytem? or can you chill that also?? The top up tank is just water....or a little cal/mag adjusted water for transition.....I add back the nutrients by hand in the huge header.....The top up has a small powerhead in it to maintain DO (its like 3 watts or something stupid so it doesn't heat up)....It can nail all 130 litres in a week....I also use Hypochlorous acid or  hydrogen peroxide in very small doses once or twice a week.

Also you have outlets each side of each tub, i like that idea, more water, less fluctuation but can't find that kit? Its all small return stuff that i don't want tbh.The returns can drop down in size....its the connector between the pots thats important or you will have different water levels in each pot. 

thanks for replying it is much appreciated.. :) Its cool...I love this shit....Just always check my ramblings with other members.....as much as I like to think I know everything....other members will testify...I dont lollol 

I think 4 or 5 pot monsters are the way tbh, also what's that white space the white thing in middle (humidity/fan of sorts)  and the dangling things/sensors? Humidifier, temperature/humidty sensors....Head height is the enemy of these systems....I cant stress that enough !  

cheers pal :wub:

Plan this with military like precision and you will be rewarded  

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, takeiteazy said:

Is it more like an aeroponic system rather than a rdwc?

I need silence this build

It's nothing like rdwc or aeroponics, I suppose the nearest would be called an automated top feed system...what's more it's TOTALLY SILENT..:yep:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stu914 said:

It's nothing like rdwc or aeroponics, I suppose the nearest would be called an automated top feed system...what's more it's TOTALLY SILENT..:yep:

@takeiteazy If you need real stealth.....RDWC is not going to be for you imho and ime.

Big old air pumps and stones....chillers etc make a racket....Stu is bang on here as usual...I would RTW with a top fed system.

Then you can feed all sorts of goodies to your girls that a recycling system prevents.

Food for thought. 

• Like 2

@zen-ken

Noise from RDWC wil[ be fine tbh, i'm just trying to say i don't want noisy air compressors instead of silent AICO pumps etc.

Still can't find your system...Rrrrrrr

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, takeiteazy said:

@zen-ken

Noise from RDWC wil[ be fine tbh, i'm just trying to say i don't want noisy air compressors instead of silent AICO pumps etc.

Still can't find your system...Rrrrrrr

They dont make it anymore....but look in the shop....RDWC pro parts 

You can get everything there from a well known water irrigation site at a third of the price.....but if you have the money the guys will make you anything at alien, but they want paying for it. 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

Sorry to the OP if we took the thread, off topic.

Alien make great (but expensive) systems that work very well ime.....I hope the OP got the chiller sorted.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

They dont make it anymore....but look in the shop....RDWC pro parts 

You can get everything there from a well known water irrigation site at a third of the price.....but if you have the money the guys will make you anything at alien, but they want paying for it. 

There's only seeds/t shirts/subs in the 'store'?

I've searched all over forum and can't find anything tbh, i'm happy building my own but would like to see a build price if possible, just deleted all my messages so PMs are fine.

Sorry OP, hope your sorted but with 19-21c temps as i mentioned you are playing it very safe.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, takeiteazy said:

There's only seeds/t shirts/subs in the 'store'?

I've searched all over forum and can't find anything tbh,

The Alien hydroponics website :yep:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...