ALIEN V SYSTEM HELP

Puffdiddy

Your water temperature is too high.

Lower your PH

I'll get you a link to mix the three part  for canna.....don't use they're schedule! (too much phosphorus) 

You will only need two bottles in flower.

I hope you're not using CO2 with that system as I had a big argument with them over its impracticality.

Lovely looking system....I nearly went for it myself but I haven't got the head room for it so had to bastardise one :yep: 

• Like 4

@zen-ken

thank you for you’re input .

chiller has arrived - on way home to plumb it in - Got ph down to 5.6 but raised to 5.9 

I’ve found it easy to drop but a little less easy to raise accurately - I’m still dialling that in.  

I’m not using CO2 but I was thinking about it as all I hear is massive yields etc - why the no no on that ? Prey tell ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Puffdiddy said:

Got ph down to 5.6 but raised to 5.9 

Take ph down to 5.6 and allow it to drift up to around 6.2 over a few days before resetting it back to 5.6...

This allows all the elements in the nutes a fair chance of being taken up as they all like different ph levels within those figures.

You should never need to raise ph...:yep:

• Like 2

@stu914

thanks - I think I can do that with some sort of certainty - I’ve worked out what it takes to drop it to 6 from 7 with the nutes I’m using at this stage - the next stage will obvs be a different matter - but I’ll get there… thanks for your help Stu - really appreciate your helpful welcome. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

@zen-ken

thank you for you’re input .

chiller has arrived - on way home to plumb it in - Got ph down to 5.6 but raised to 5.9 

I’ve found it easy to drop but a little less easy to raise accurately - I’m still dialling that in.  

I’m not using CO2 but I was thinking about it as all I hear is massive yields etc - why the no no on that ? Prey tell ? 

The Venturi you're using on each tank takes its air from the groom....If you're using CO2 you will need to feed the Venturi from somewhere else.

BE CARFEFUL if you do this .....as the air you draw is gonna to try to take the water temperature to the air you're driving through it. (ie don't push -1C air or over 40C into it).

If you push CO2 through water it creates Carbonic Acid.....It will drop your PH like a stone and you may mistake it for overfeeding.

As @stu914 advises.....you can leave the PH at 5.6....it will rise itself gradually to 6.2 and you can lower it again....if it doesn't your over feeding or have a root problem.

If it raises really quickly (like 5.6 - 6.2 in a day raise the feed) 

Between  the lot of us we probably have a thousand RDWC grows between us so don't panic :yep:

Whats the base EC of the water out the tap ?

Get a diary up and we can guide you through the dark art of RDWC 

:yep:

• Like 3

What are using for PH adjustment and how are you adding it ?

Not sure on your skill level but Im thinking you need some mixing advise 

(please feel free to tell me to piss off if Im condescending...I don't mean to be)

:yep:

• Like 2

@zen-ken
I am using PH up N down from growth technology - I add 25ml to my header tank and it drops from 7 to 6 or there abouts 

The whole system holds 479L and is recirculated through those 5' pipes so it's pretty damn quick. 

I have just been dumping it into the system. 

Same with my resi ( not using but set up and been working out.how much mutes, silver bullets to add before taking the oh down. 

That's what I've gleaned off the tinternets before finding you lot - Im grateful for the help -  gimme a week before Ill obvs know everything and then be able to tell you to poss off 

• Like 1

@zen-ken

Ref the CO2 

Well fuck my hat I should have spotted that... 

Of course.... That was lucky 

I'll have a look at some diarys and set up my own that would be great.  

On another note - light height! I have 2 x 630w Omega Luna pros and wondered at what height they should be now - the girls are taking off - got a whole new set of leaves on every plant in last 24 hours - lights are on the roof at 2.2 and canopy is at 580mm so was thinking should I drop the lights down? They are set at 40% ( should I start a new thread for this?? Utter newb question) don't wanna get spanked by @Owderb again ;)

• Like 1

Don't mix straight into the system.....It will cause you all kinds of shit (especially the longer you get into it....Can you get a mixing tub ?

I use an old water barrel to mix up in first...It ensures its fully mixed and correct before it even sees the system :yep:

What PH up you using ? Its addition has to be done with great care !