ALIEN V SYSTEM HELP

Puffdiddy

14 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Pics would be good mate is it the grey system with vortex pumps 

large.6224cd6b0cc4a_SETUP.png

Here it is - almost set up 

• Like 2

Here we are with them just in two days ago - am i doing it right ??

large.6224d9c7b3186_BACK4.jpglarge.6224d9c895f54_FRONT4.jpg

17 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

Hiya 

I’ve recently set up and started running 8 x 58L pot v system from alien. 
I’m set up in a 3 x 1.5 x 2.2 tent with 2 x 630w Omega Luna Pro’s - 6’ carbon filter with revolution V2 

small fan heater and humidifier controlled by GAS enviro controller 

Keeping consistent temps of 27’ On and 22” off and humidity of 45’ and 55’ 

nutrient temps are 22 ( is that too hot ?) 

PH is 6.3 

my plants are 16 days old ( from seed ) and I put them into the system yesterday. I started them in Rootits and then put into Growdans before putting into the baskets. 
I have started them on the GH 3 part nutes with one dose of Pro Roots when I was watering by hand, and I added silver bullet roots - 
The roots have started taking off and are now into the solution on most of the plants.  
mum still only on second set of leaves - 
my questions are so numerous 

may I just ask for your guidance and help in what I should be looking out for - what I should really be doing to help my chances of a successful grow wit this type of system? 
Are there any things I should be really keeping an eye on now ? I almost feel a bit lost for things to do!! 

Think I've got the hang of the image uploading so here it is - will grab some shots of where I am at today - this was a few days ago now 

large.BUBBLES.jpg

Edited by Puffdiddy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Puffdiddy said:

Here we are with them just in two days ago - am i doing it right ?

I reckon mate - great set up.

Any roots showing yet?

:yinyang:

Just now, QQ710 said:

I reckon mate - great set up.

Any roots showing yet?

Just these little lady beards - Looking a tad brown - so obviously shitting myself its not clean enough... I literally scrubbed the room with antibac but temps gone up to 23 now - chiller arriving tomorrow 

large.roots.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffdiddy said:

Here it is - almost set up 

Yes mate this is the system i was looking at but to pricey for me went with iws system  keep us updated mate love to see results with this how many grows you done top set up mate 

Just now, Baron von greenback said:

Yes mate this is the system i was looking at but to pricey for me went with iws system  keep us updated mate love to see results with this how many grows you done top set up mate 

I did one 25 years ago with an NFT system with the 1.8 x 1.2 trays then went into hibernation - talk about in at the deep end 

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

Just these little lady beards - Looking a tad brown - so obviously shitting myself its not clean enough... I literally scrubbed the room with antibac but temps gone up to 23 now - chiller arriving tomorrow 

large.roots.jpg

Ok mate i run my temps around 23c and had no problems i read some were that if running something like great white something with good bacteria in it they dont work unless you hit 25c water but i know expert 

I did one 25 years ago with an NFT system with the 1.8 x 1.2 trays then went into hibernation - talk about in at the deep end 

Same i only done 3 grows in soil this is my first in water but if you keep ph right an ec and water temp seems to be good you have got what i would have though if i had money i just gone led as well first bought 8 mars hydro second hand they really pinky purply and old tech didnt know at time i just bought a 480w and a 600w lumatex zeus pro and these are bright white totaly diffrent what are them luna like you have how much are they what did the alien cost you mate

Same i only done 3 grows in soil this is my first in water but if you keep ph right an ec and water temp seems to be good you have got what i would have though if i had money i just gone led as well first bought 8 mars hydro second hand they really pinky purply and old tech didnt know at time i just bought a 480w and a 600w lumatex zeus pro and these are bright white totaly diffrent what are them luna like you have how much are they what did the alien cost you mate

The Luna's were around £.6 and the V was just over 2 - 

Ok mate i have alook at them lunas are they bigger than 600w lumatex keep us posted on grow love to see results you got a cloneing seed tent to bring them on before you put them in this system 

Ok mate i have alook at them lunas are they bigger than 600w lumatex keep us posted on grow love to see results you got a cloneing seed tent to bring them on before you put them in this system 

they are 630W and just over 1m sq & very low profile - Yeah I've got a little prop tent with a 100w LED and another larger tent I am using for mums until I convert into drying tent... just getting going tbh - all a bit of a mess but having loads of fun 

• Like 1

they are 630W and just over 1m sq & very low profile - Yeah I've got a little prop tent with a 100w LED and another larger tent I am using for mums until I convert into drying tent... just getting going tbh - all a bit of a mess but having loads of fun 

Sounds like it you certainly started off on the right foot mate once you get dialled in you will be growing some monsters in that system top draw i jealouse yours is the same as i want so will be watching good luck

• Like 2

Hey @Puffdiddy

Nice to see the roots :)

I'm no expert, but - I don't think the large rockwool cubes are ideal in this type of set up - they hold too much water.

Most folk seem to use the small root-it cubes in clay pebbles - I try to use clay pebbles only.

Like I say - I'm no expert - hopefully I'm wrong and they'll be fine.

• Like 2

Just now, QQ710 said:

Hey @Puffdiddy

Nice to see the roots :)

I'm no expert, but - I don't think the large rockwool cubes are ideal in this type of set up - they hold too much water.

Most folk seem to use the small root-it cubes in clay pebbles - I try to use clay pebbles only.

Like I say - I'm no expert - hopefully I'm wrong and they'll be fine.

I did wonder - they are pretty wet underneath already - I am hoping that with that much access to oxygen rich nutes the roots will push it apart and i can clean the RW out the filter basket... or Maybe I should swap them out now as its probably not too late..

when you say you just use pebbles - do you mean you put your sprout right into the pebbles ??