Idicanna jones and the wardrobe of doom

Idicanna jones

What's the plan for the polyembryonic monster mass? 

Are you gonna try and split them or just accept one will probably just cop it in due course?

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@BilgePumpI'm massively offended that you would assume I had a plan lol. My first experience of such a thing, and I figured it looked pretty cool......

Surely splitting them now would be catastrophic?? I've strapped the main stem down for a laarf and they seem happy enough ... Any advice old bean??

I'm happy to just let them run, as this is very much a test run to see what I need to do long term to achieve self sufficiency with a rolling 12/12. I'm concerned about the outbuilding I'm doing this in as it's less than an ideal "lung room". And I need to see what I need to do to stabilise the environment. 

I reckon I'm wasting possibly 30%m2 growing space as I have my filter vertical (I was paranoid about running out of vertical space)..... Thinking of doubling up on the lights and moving the filter horizontal at the top next time if this grow doesn't go mental height wise. Then go for a rolling 12/12 forever more

• Like 3

@Idicanna jones you could separate them easily enough I reckon but I imagine you'll hate my suggested tech for doing so..

Id go full Monty Don on it and just cleave the rootball in two with a bread knife between the stems (almost guaranteed failure I imagine , it's hardly agapanthus) 

A more measured approach involving washing the soil away from the roots and gently teasing them apart would be the safest option to be honest.

If they look happy though just leave them be and enjoy the freak show 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@BilgePumpa lot of me wants to hack away like the buffoon that I am..... If I had the space I'd definitely have a blast at it..... 

She's somehow strangely alluring though (and she was free) so all things considered I'm gonna let the ladies fight it out. They drink like fish. As does the flowering peyote 

• Like 2

Morning fellow cannahortiartisans.... 

Temps fell up this way fairly dramatically last couple of days. Temps just about held out but I'm going to need to dehumidify pretty soon. Any recommendations for a really small one?? 

Anyhoo.... Peyote has some pretty little flowers showing, and even the banana noodle looks slightly less like she's about to snuff it. I've rearranged the ladies to try and make the most of the little I've got to offer. The sativa heavy ramses is catching up but the gelonade looks my favourite so far..... 

Bless up ya selves and happy weekending

Team photo 

Front left monster mass (the bit lurching out to the right is actually the other sprouting twin) possibly day 40?

Back left gelonade.... Gorgeous canopy on her, probably day 40 ish

Back right ramses.... Really starting to take off, day 30 ish

Front right peyote critical... Starting to stink a bit now. Few nice little flower sites and enjoying life I suppose...shes the oldest along with the banana noodle at day 50 ish

Centrally the banana noodle is lurking towards the front and the wedding glue is at the rear. 

large.rps20211106_073513.jpg

Couple of flower shots... Firstly peyote... 

large.rps20211106_073556.jpglarge.rps20211106_073736.jpg

And the somewhat sickly banana noodlelarge.rps20211106_073653.jpglarge.rps20211106_073618.jpg

And here endeth today's spectacle de merde

Edited by Idicanna jones
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Idicanna jones said:

Any recommendations for a really small one?? 

Check meaco small home dehumidifiers.they start from 139.99 quid you could buy used on famous bay or Jeff's sites. 

Dessicant makes air hotter up to 15 degrees when compressor only up to 5. 

I have a meaco dry arete 25l compressor. Working spot on ... Keeping my loft/room  between 40 with electric heater up to 55 without heater ... 

Pro breeze small dehumidifiers are ok as well. Got one ages ago. Worked spot on ... 

All comes with up to 5 years warranties so nothing to worry about and you can change for a other model or give back within 28 days. I changed pro breeze once as I bought way too small ...

Hope it helps!

atm

Edited by Canna Denfour20

Banana noodle continues to look overwatered as per your other thread.

No love for bananas?

I think it is a necessary experiment to try to get those leaves to perk up!

Maybe the ratio / volume of the bottom res compared to the rest of the pot is wrong on this scale, and you are having to waterlog the soil to keep the res full?

How often are you watering banana noodle?

Newc

• Like 1

@Newcouch She perked up briefly but has gone downhill again. She's been on starvation for a while now. I fear the worst for her but we'll see. Probably an issue with the res like you said. I've never tried the hempy bucket... Lesson learned. 

The wedding glue noodle is going to be done in a much less risky manner. I'll let her do her own thing. As the canopy fills out I can only really justify one noodle so I'll probably cut my losses with the banana. All the others seem really healthy which softens the blow somewhat. Thanks for the heads up though matey.

@Canna Denfour20 thanks for the advice.... I'll definitely have a look at that. Smaller the better for me. Grow area is about 0.4m² ish so I shouldn't need anything too massive

It's more about the size of your house or the room you have the tent in than the size of the tent, you'll want to have the dehumidifier outside the tent bringing your intake humidity down. Air will be getting sucked through the tent so fast that a dehumidifier wouldn't be very effective if placed inside it, well not such a small tent anyway.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

@MindSoup thanks a lot for the advice. It's in an outbuilding and frankly it's wetter than an otters pocket in there.... Would placing it near the intake help if I need it outside the grow?? 

@Openairbud

That was my concern... Didn't want to be pissing in the wind. I'm borrowing a somewhat bigger dehumidifier off a mate so I'll try it in the room and see if it remedies the situation. Thanks for the reply..... 

• Like 1

You could line your shed out with insulation and or some damp membrane/plastic sheet to help keep the damp out so the dehumidifier doesn't have to work as hard. 

• Like 1

My rh is off the scale dude. Never below 70%. Usually well above that. I suspected it would be the case. Still early enough in the grow to cope at present, but time is running out.....