Potential Alfemco 2022 Releases

Lively

On 05/02/2022 at 1:45 PM, Amarillo slim said:

UEL can vary a lot depending on who you got it from? Arnold (outdoorkingseeds) does some great work with it and has created various lines / mothers from the same F5 stock I used to produce my F6, which are very tropical NLD leaning.  

Donor for these is Auto Zamaldelica from Ace seeds, though as there was still a lot of variation in the line I've since futher inbred it in a certain direction for use in the new batches of ZUEL, currently a further 2 generations of selfing beyond their F3/4 of sib matings.  

Heres great grandmother to Zuel, think around 2017?  Got pics of the other female UEL used somewhere (she was more lanky and loose flowered). 

This plant was on a plot I was using specifically for testing disease resistance of various things, as you can see she got hit with leaf septoria but carried on growing and importantly had no botrytis and great NLD typical terps...

large_UEL.jpg

Hi just wondering when the seeds are going to drop on uk420 shop , keeping a close eye on when MWF is coming back in stock

• Like 3

@Amarillo slim  I got the UEL seeds from a friend in Germany, also the f6 generation I was supposed to get this week, but the package sent to me with the precious seeds was lost. I had in it such strains as :
Freezeland, Maverick, UEL , Maverick x Freezeland, Freezeland x Mighty mite. I doubt that it will end up in my hands. Polish Post Office is a failure, it was a priority letter.

• Like 3

On 13/02/2022 at 9:51 AM, murzyn said:

I got the UEL seeds from a friend in Germany, also the f6 generation

Potrabbit?  I think I might know these F6s and is more 'hybrid' type than very NLD / 'sativa' ?  

Heres a pic showing fan-leaf morphology from my UEL mother, which is quite a Columbian dominant phenotype.  

large.620a97c8023ce_UELleaf.jpeg

On 13/02/2022 at 9:51 AM, murzyn said:

but the package sent to me with the precious seeds was lost.

Such a shame. Ive had it happen before. Or even where package has been torn and seeds removed before going on to the person.  

On 13/02/2022 at 10:02 AM, murzyn said:

How did the Auto Zamaledica plants grow for you?

I haven't actually grown them outside.  One thing I will say is expect a fair amount of variation with the seeds from Ace, one of the reasons I'm line breeding further via selfing.  Some very nice ones in to the more NLD / Sativa side though, and I'm sure they could do well outdoors in a dry and airy plot or garden.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

I have been growing UEL since 2018, I really like the Columbian leaning expressions, elegant early sativas, finished end Sept. Selecting for gentle onset of high with no panic, yet plenty potent, with gentle comedown. Some G13 leaning lines of UEL are narcotic, had some dangerous driving moments.

Lovely strain to work with and has made some great crosses adapted to Northern latitudes. Only weakness is low septoria resistance. Higher resistance in the Columbian side. Have seen individual resistance in these plants and will be going after that this year.

How is your seed run working out? You still reckon end April? I tried photo Zamaldelica outdoors a few yrs ago, not a hope of anything, barely a scent. I was after the carrot scents. Do you have any carrot aromas in your selfed lines of Auto Zamaldelica?

• Like 4

On 14/02/2022 at 11:37 PM, bonghopper said:

Have seen individual resistance in these plants and will be going after that this year.

Yeah thats one of the things my current mother is good for, has higher resistance and passes this on to offspring.  But there is also some susceptibility in the AZ and this is one of the things I'm considered about with current donor, thought mainly its concerns of intersex following tests.  

On 14/02/2022 at 11:37 PM, bonghopper said:

How is your seed run working out? You still reckon end April?

Im thinking I might postpone the release of ZUEl till next year when I've worked the AZ another couple gens so its very constant and free of any bad traits. As that side of the cross will always be using new parents (auto flowering) it makes sense to do this work as opposed to have to practice a lot of selection and testing of each batch.  Im aware that this will be disappointing for some but Its better than disappointing people who've bought seeds and grown plants out etc.  

Ive got something else which will be sent in to the store in place of the ZUEl, using the same UEL mother.   

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Yeah thats one of the things my current mother is good for, has higher resistance and passes this on to offspring.  But there is also some susceptibility in the AZ and this is one of the things I'm considered about with current donor, thought mainly its concerns of intersex following tests.  

Im thinking I might postpone the release of ZUEl till next year when I've worked the AZ another couple gens so its very constant and free of any bad traits. As that side of the cross will always be using new parents (auto flowering) it makes sense to do this work as opposed to have to practice a lot of selection and testing of each batch.  Im aware that this will be disappointing for some but Its better than disappointing people who've bought seeds and grown plants out etc.  

Ive got something else which will be sent in to the store in place of the ZUEl, using the same UEL mother.   

When?

• Like 3

Amarillo slim most outdoor growers all around the world suffer with bud rot. there was a strain i grew years ago called AMS which stood for (anti mold strain) and the seeds are still available to buy on line today but different latitudes in the uk the plants are going to finish different times. so some wont make it. i was just wondering the strains you are growing would any be based on the AMS genetics. as this strain is the only strain i know to be called the Anti mold strain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the ferret said:

Amarillo slim most outdoor growers all around the world suffer with bud rot. there was a strain i grew years ago called AMS which stood for (anti mold strain) and the seeds are still available to buy on line today but different latitudes in the uk the plants are going to finish different times. so some wont make it. i was just wondering the strains you are growing would any be based on the AMS genetics. as this strain is the only strain i know to be called the Anti mold strain.

you mean the green house one?

A.M.S. (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam (greenhouseseeds.nl)

i remember it was a hype...but i grew it once...so was no succes 4 me.....cant remember details .....some 10-12 years ago i think.....

===

AMS Feminized by Green House Seeds (420-seeds.com)

Outdoors ready by the 1st week of November (North hemisphere). ....lol... :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DutchFox said:

you mean the green house one?

A.M.S. (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam (greenhouseseeds.nl)

i remember it was a hype...but i grew it once...so was no succes 4 me.....cant remember details .....some 10-12 years ago i think.....

===

AMS Feminized by Green House Seeds (420-seeds.com)

Outdoors ready by the 1st week of November (North hemisphere). ....lol... :) 

thanks for that dutchfox

13 hours ago, jonnybigballs said:

When?

Probably mid - late April.  

10 hours ago, the ferret said:

i was just wondering the strains you are growing would any be based on the AMS genetics.

No, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.  All just marketing BS like most their stuff.    

Remember years ago before Frisian dew hit the seen some people where growing 'The church' by greenhouse, big plants that weren't completely useless outdoors.  Iirc Ch@ppers did the AMS around this time and I believe they had barley started flowering in October, then turned to mush lol 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Probably mid - late April.  

No, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.  All just marketing BS like most their stuff.    

Remember years ago before Frisian dew hit the seen some people where growing 'The church' by greenhouse, big plants that weren't completely useless outdoors.  Iirc Ch@ppers did the AMS around this time and I believe they had barley started flowering in October, then turned to mush lol 

thanks for that Amarillo slim. i remember the church. i done the church AMS and big bang which i think roughly come out at the same time but never tried any of these stains outdoors. with electric prices going though the roof its new outdoor strains i think a lot of people are going to turn to. keep up the good work and i be interested in anything new you might be bringing out. ferret

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 0:54 AM, bonghopper said:

So... whats the secret UEL cross? ;)

Hit with the best individual from the 'Rubberwarp' line last year - an unhybridised afghanica heavy descendant of the Texeda Timewarp clone only.  

Exact genetic combination is new, but I made very similar using pollen from the original S1 TW donor and the same UEL mum. So got a good idea what the cross will produce - robust hybrid plants with end sept / early oct finish, low odour for stealth but good smells, relatively easy trim flower / indoorish looking flower (pheno dependant)...  Not quite MWF quality, but these should produce minimal to no runt/auto phenos, and have superior vigour (being a hybrid of two distinctly different/unrelated lines) ...  

These will most likely be a one off batch. With lack of testing I will keep the price low for people. These are mostly just a substitute for the ZUEL, but might well end up being pretty special in their own right, possibly conjuring up some terp profiles reminiscent of the early NLD x BLD hybrids (think columbian x afghan)....  Old school vibes...   

Could even find some RKS! lol (just taking the piss)   

Seeds are fattening, will update once germ tests are coming back above 90% and get packs in the store shortly after..  

• Like 8