Potential Alfemco 2022 Releases

Lively

Amarillo Slim: "There is something thats currently just being tested prior to reproduction and release.  

MWF represented the more Afghanica side of things, this one is a touch more exotic, with 75% NLD heritage comprising of Columbian and African landraces, even a little Thai in the mix.. with selections favouring plants expressing little of the BLD influence in the end product, these are likely to be a step up from many of the things labeled (mostly sativa), which are often in reality a 50/50, with selection for the more 'commercial' types.  

These are F1 hybrids, producing uniform, surprisingly compact and early plants, low odour in growth, but unlike MWF, free of any auto/runt phenos...  And with what I hope to be a haze like smoke..  One for the 'sativa' lovers,  thats capable of thriving in our climate... "

Thought I'd re-post this in here to avoid de-railing the pink pistil thread with questions, hope you don't mind

@Amarillo slim

This sounds interesting though man. The only slight downside to the MWF in my eyes was those auto/runt phenos.. but the mould resistance+bud/leaf ratio meant any lost yield due to runts was more than made up for in ease of processing and overall yield. I've had 10oz plants before that yielded less due to mould than a 2/3oz compact MWF. Love them. Wish I'd bought them in bulk before they went!

The new line sounds like an interesting mix of genetics though, I'll be buying a pack or 2. Whats the mould resistance and structure of these like? I have a new plot this year that due to a late start isn't how I want it yet, but should be decent to test them out next season.

Did you say you might have some sort of MWF cross at some point too? God I sound obsessed lol I've even got one in the garden :) 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lively said:

The only slight downside to the MWF in my eyes was those auto/runt phenos.. 

The auto phenos in MWF were one of the things I wasn't happy with (though unavoidable at F3 given the heritage). I normally try to spot them early as they often show stigmas before planting, around the 3/4 week mark. Normally I cull them or put a bunch in one hole. Taking the rough with the smooth considering the quality of the majority of phenos, but certainly not ideal.

but the mould resistance+bud/leaf ratio meant any lost yield due to runts was more than made up for in ease of processing and overall yield. I've had 10oz plants before that yielded less due to mould than a 2/3oz compact MWF. Love them. Wish I'd bought them in bulk before they went!

MWF is all about quality over quantity. But when measuring yield per sqmeter instead of per plant, you're probably looking at higher yield per space / time than a lot of things....  Plus reliability and absolute breeze to process as you say..  Its one of my favourite things to grow, using perimeter fence or rabbit free areas..

The new line sounds like an interesting mix of genetics though, I'll be buying a pack or 2. Whats the mould resistance and structure of these like? I have a new plot this year that due to a late start isn't how I want it yet, but should be decent to test them out next season.

Obviously I can't say too much for certain yet, as currently testing, with later sown plants... But given the heritage I fully expect mold resistance to be way way up there,  surpassing MWF.  They may however be slightly more prone to septoria due to some of the equatorial genetics involved..  This is something I will be testing for under controlled conditions indoors, so can give people an idea of wether precautions are worth taking in certain areas of the country where septoria is prevalent.   Structure in growth so far is on the compact / branchy side similar to MWF - though altogether larger plants with bigger internode spacing etc. I expect that these will also stretch during flower, with more long 'arms' as apposed to separately spaced tight nugs.. So, unlike the MWF, these will require a degree of trimming! lol  

Heres a pic showing the early structure...

large_ZP.JPG

As you can see, the plants are so far relatively uniform... The new batch will be even more so, as I will be using a selected donor from the day neutral (auto flowering) parental line, that's an S1 of the donor used here, making it an F5.  

The other parent in the cross being an F6 'light sensitive' individual kept as a mother.   

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 12

15 hours ago, Lively said:

Did you say you might have some sort of MWF cross at some point too? God I sound obsessed lol I've even got one in the garden :) 

Yes got quite a few crosses and Bxs out this year. Plus F4s, F5s, etc.  It seems some people assume I've abandoned the line, or that its 'extinct' purely because its out of stock.  This isn't the case! lol  

Im working on a new improved version, with negligible auto phenos and a less compact structure... Heres an F4 displaying some of that structural difference...

large.610918cc2041b_MWFF4.JPG

Better airflow and light penetration + more suited to cage growing...  

------------

I the pink pistle thread I mentioned there will be something else for testing next year, given as freebies with purchases or in exchange for diaries...  These will be something a little special, part of a long ongoing project to recreate a hybrid I first made 12 years ago, which to this day produced some of the best outdoor flower I've laid eyes, nose and lungs on... Ive been recreating new improved equivalents of the parental lines to make the new F1s, something which takes a lot of time in itself.  A few years in now, with at least a couple more before its full finished (probably 7 years total after testing)...  BUT, I am getting to a point where some 'test crosses' between individuals of the two lines can be made to asses compatibly, and so people can see whats possible....   Perhaps if some of these earlier crossing prove popular I may release these as 'prototypes' for the eventual masterpiece, ensuring their is a customer base already established to make bulk seed production worth while once the project is complete....  The earlier hybrids simply having a number after each to show stage of development, with initial test seeds being labeled - Pathfinder 1.  

Heres a sneak preview of one of an individual I've got my eyes on from one of the lines... She has the exact kind of structure I've been looking for / working towards...  Very quick to get up out the cage and above surrounding vegetation, then throws out lateral growth....  Nice long internodes with open middle maximising airflow, light penetration, minimising 'pop corn'.  The goal is for extremely vigorous and hardy plants that produce big yields of flowers with potency and terpenes rivalling or surpassing many indoor types....   Sound like a fantasy? but remember, Its happened before :oldtoker:

large.IMG_2789.JPG

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 22

Wow thanks for the detailed response @Amarillo slim Looking forward to growing them myself. You clearly put a lot of effort and passion into your breeding and it shows. 

We're all lucky to have people like yourself and panik working to improve the outdoor UK scene :yep:

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Lively said:

Wow thanks for the detailed response

I'd struggle to give anything less detailed to be honest. Often people wish they didn't ask lol

39 minutes ago, Lively said:

You clearly put a lot of effort and passion into your breeding and it shows. 

Cheers

• Like 5

The more detail the better. That's what this forums all about after all, sharing our passion for growing :)

• Like 2

Couple more recent pics of the new NLD F1 hybrid. Some nice tropical traits on these seldom seen outdoors at such northern latitudes..  

large.IMG_2832.JPG

large.IMG_2837.JPG

Im sure the effects will be the most notiable difference with these though... No couch-lock or mongy 'highs', these should provide more of an energising, cerebral effect. Stimulating thought and inspiring creativity, perhaps even sexual activity, in users.  Some phenos might also produce a clean, psychedelic type high ...   NOT your average dealer weed off the street, or 'mostly sativa' hybrid, that in fact contains a fraction of true NLD genetics...    

Just hope the fuckers finish at a reasonable time lol  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 17

• 3 weeks later...

All now in flowering mode. So should be an October finish.  I suspect earlier sowing would knock off a week or two...

large_JJ.JPG

Cant wait for the smoke test results, gonna be something a little different to what people are used to :smug:

• Like 18

You found any sativa phenos to make seeds of the timewarp you recreated from once upon? Hehe mine are old now so I'm relying on you man. The one I did have this season got munched by slugs

Edited by geo1

On 02/09/2021 at 3:37 PM, geo1 said:

These the Zamaldelica cross?

Indeed they are...

Heres another more recent pic. (MWF in background). 

large.IMG_3181.JPG

On 02/09/2021 at 3:40 PM, geo1 said:

You found any sativa phenos to make seeds of the timewarp you recreated from once upon?

Not really. But haven't checked the 'open pollination' lot I got out yet (which is where I'd expect to find them)...  To be honest I'm more interested in the Afghanica expressions in these...  

------------

Part of the 'Pathfinder' project...

large_PF.JPG

Pic doesn't show it, but those buds are sugar-coated in pungent psychoactive resin...  Will post some better pics and more details on this project as things progress and I get the time.. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 22

@Amarillo slim hiya mate i might have got this wrong as my memory ain't what it used to be but didn't i read somewhere that u dig up stumps and reveg them indoors???

The reason i got a very nice exo gold bx1 by rgsc she defo follows the cheese side of the family stinks to high and heaven is fast flowering and spotless mould free.

I wouldn't even have to dig her up as she is in a 5 gallon pot she is just over 6 weeks flowering so far and pistils been starting to brown for a week or so now and my inquiries so far all say cheese is very quick to flower so would like to try and keep her if possible.

A quick flowering cheesy mam if i can get it to reveg would be very nice.

sorry any advice on the reveg process welcome mate.

Edited by murphyblue
last line
  • Like 6

If you leave her with a few of the lower leaves stills attached, bring her home and then put her under 24hrs of light then hopefully you'll be able to keep her around. It usually takes about the same time they where in flower for them to start vegging again, you can then take some cuttings and make one into a more manageable size/shape for a mum.

This is just theory that I've read up on, no practical experience with re veg myself. 

• Like 3