Potential Alfemco 2022 Releases

Lively

5 hours ago, geo1 said:

Hi mate. When are the skunk crosses going to be in the store?

I only just sent them yesterday, so guessing now that will be next week when Joolz can collect and add to store.  

In the end I decided only to sell the WL x UEL, now called Lovelock, as I’m less confident in the cheesy cross and wouldn’t want people to be disappointed with anything they’ve paid for.  I have included 2 of the cheesy ones as freebies when you buy Lovelock though, so people can give them a whirl if they want.  

I took a Lovelock seed as early as I could during production and grew quickly before putting into flower under natural light (trying to mimic autumn), and have to say the smell was everything I could have hoped for.   The WL mother is a very special plant and it seems she has passed on all the best qualities to her daughters.  It’s second on my list of what I’m looking forward to growing this year….  

• Like 7

@Amarillo slim what is at the top of your list of looking forward to growing this year mine is the one Goldlock x Zuel seed I have and second is the two Warlock x MWF smoking on some of the GL x Z right now wish I would have saved a cut I like her 

• Like 3

On 31/03/2023 at 11:27 PM, bfehillbilly said:

@Amarillo slim what is at the top of your list of looking forward to growing this year mine is the one Goldlock x Zuel seed I have and second is the two Warlock x MWF smoking on some of the GL x Z right now wish I would have saved a cut I like her 

Highest of my list is a triploid F1 of the cross you mention.  Wont know for sure if it’s worked until later in the summer though.  Working on getting access to a flow cytometer to measure genome size, but currently limited to less advance ways of testing.   

There’s also a cross of (UEL x RW) and a particularly resinous cookies cross, which should finish at a reasonable time, easy trim and super frosty flowers.  

There’s about 15 other things I’m looking forward to growing this season, but those above along with Lovelock have me most excited.  

cheers 

• Like 7

Cookies cross sounds a bit of me Slim :yep:

Grabbed a pack of the fuckwarp to try out. Also germed 6 MWF and got 1 crinkly leafed freak, 3 autos and 2 that I’ve made into mothers. Must have been unlucky as usually it’s 1 or 2 per 6 pack I’ve found previously. Was going to run more but potentially moving house this year so thought I’d hang on to my beans till I’m settled. Going to be a busy season for me, got 15-20 different strains I’ve just germed to go alongside Slims offerings. Can’t wait :george:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

Cookies cross sounds a bit of me Slim :yep:

Grabbed a pack of the fuckwarp to try out. Also germed 6 MWF and got 1 crinkly leafed freak, 3 autos and 2 that I’ve made into mothers. Must have been unlucky as usually it’s 1 or 2 per 6 pack I’ve found previously. Was going to run more but potentially moving house this year so thought I’d hang on to my beans till I’m settled. Going to be a busy season for me, got 15-20 different strains I’ve just germed to go alongside Slims offerings. Can’t wait :george:

Yeah its roll of the dice with smaller numbers.  Always an extra seed in those to account for the odd runt or auto, but in same way you sometimes get a reg seed pack with 9 out of 10 males, you can get an unlucky pack with regards to autos / runts.  

A big part of the reason for this new cross was to rectify these issues, with recessive traits (mostly) suppressed in the F1.  There will still be some auto / runt individuals though, same as in crosses of MWF with late full photoperiods, still comes through as a minor percentage.  

Sounds like you’ll have good season, with 15-20 different seeds,  variety is the spice of life after all.  

• Like 4

Personally it doesn’t bother me too much, the autos are not bad little plants just a bland smoke if I’m honest, it’s worth it for the special ones you find in those beans. Hopefully one of the 2 mothers is what I’m looking for. Looking forward to seeing what pops up in the new cross as well.

And I had a count up, it’s 18 different strains, varying from 4 to 14 seeds of each strain! Variety is the spice of life indeed lol 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

Personally it doesn’t bother me too much

Me neither, I find by keeping them in seedling pots an extra week or so, any autos through a couple obvious stigmas and can then be ditched or clumped together so as not to waste space. But can understand why it’s more undesirable for some.  

regarding the autos being a bland smoke, you’re not the first person to make that observation, suggests there might be some linkage of the genes for each trait.  Would love to be able to test chemotypes.

• Like 2

That’s exactly what I did, kept them in party cups and you soon see which ones are the autos. I’ve chucked them in the garden for now as the veg space is starting to get a bit cramped and I couldn’t bring myself to cull them! Seem to be handling the cold nights ok, I’m sure the growth will go a bit weird for a while but I’ll probably end up sticking them out somewhere very cheeky, maybe one of the flower baskets in town, see how long they go unnoticed lol 

I’ve never heard of ruderalis being a tasty smoke but it’s obviously handy for breeding purposes, is it what it is, the semi phenos are some of the tastiest outdoor I’ve had :yinyang:

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Amarillo. I just ordered some fuckwarps. Can't wait to throw them out mid May :yinyang:

• Like 3

On 05/04/2023 at 7:23 PM, Aphatspliff said:

some of the tastiest outdoor I’ve had :yinyang:

These might take the title :smug:

• Like 2

On 06/04/2023 at 10:18 PM, Amarillo slim said:

These might take the title :smug:

Got any pics of the lovelock? The one in the listing is coming up blank for me. Might order them too.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 3:27 PM, polishninja said:

Got any pics of the lovelock? The one in the listing is coming up blank for me. Might order them too.

Sorry slow reply. No pics as this exact pairing has yet to be grown properly outdoors.  

Here is a shot of the WL mother used to give an idea…

large.C3A42206-2144-4E08-B1A7-42CA25BEE7D8.jpeg

These are more for lower latitudes and open, well ventilated plots. 

• Like 2

@polishninja While the above shows roughly what I’m going for in regards to the flowers,  this pic might help give an idea of the kind of plant structure / morphology.  

To be clear, this is not the same cross - but isn’t miles away - indeed, the lovelock in store is there as a kind of replacement for the cross pictured below, as I do further work on the parent lines and testing combinations. 

This is Goldlock x ZUEL grown by @Revive last year….

large.0EA7D6B1-AE28-4C53-B0C8-F4BEDB887900.jpeg

This utilises the same UEL mother, but as 25% vs 50% in the Lovelock.   It also only has 25% Warlock apposed to 50% in the lovelock.  The WL parent used in each was not same individual either.  

So, there will certainly be some differences in the current offerings than pic above, but there will also be similarities.   I would expect the Goldlock to have slightly more of a squashed Christmas tree habit vs the collection of spears a Zulu warrior might take to battle above.  

Another thing worth mentioning with these, is that resistance to leaf septoria is unlikely to be the best,  as the UEL line is generally susceptible, and I don’t think the WL is going to bring much resistance to the table in the cross.   So if this disease is prevalent in your area, might be worth considering a preventative copper fungicide treatment prior to flowering, and/or expecting a slight yield loss.  Cheers 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3