Potential Alfemco 2022 Releases

Lively

@polishninja While the above shows roughly what I’m going for in regards to the flowers,  this pic might help give an idea of the kind of plant structure / morphology.  

To be clear, this is not the same cross - but isn’t miles away - indeed, the lovelock in store is there as a kind of replacement for the cross pictured below, as I do further work on the parent lines and testing combinations. 

This is Goldlock x ZUEL grown by Revive last year….

large.0EA7D6B1-AE28-4C53-B0C8-F4BEDB887900.jpeg

This utilises the same UEL mother, but as 25% vs 50% in the Lovelock.   It also only has 25% Warlock apposed to 50% in the lovelock.  The WL parent used in each was not same individual either.  

So, there will certainly be some differences in the current offerings than pic above, but there will also be similarities.   I would expect the Goldlock to have slightly more of a squashed Christmas tree habit vs the collection of spears a Zulu warrior might take to battle above.  

Another thing worth mentioning with these, is that resistance to leaf septoria is unlikely to be the best,  as the UEL line is generally susceptible, and I don’t think the WL is going to bring much resistance to the table in the cross.   So if this disease is prevalent in your area, might be worth considering a preventative copper fungicide treatment prior to flowering, and/or expecting a slight yield loss.  Cheers 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

@polishninja While the above shows roughly what I’m going for in regards to the flowers,  this pic might help give an idea of the kind of plant structure / morphology.  

To be clear, this is not the same cross - but isn’t miles away - indeed, the lovelock in store is there as a kind of replacement for the cross pictured below, as I do further work on the parent lines and testing combinations. 

This is Goldlock x ZUEL grown by @Revive last year….

large.0EA7D6B1-AE28-4C53-B0C8-F4BEDB887900.jpeg

This utilises the same UEL mother, but as 25% vs 50% in the Lovelock.   It also only has 25% Warlock apposed to 50% in the lovelock.  The WL parent used in each was not same individual either.  

So, there will certainly be some differences in the current offerings than pic above, but there will also be similarities.   I would expect the Goldlock to have slightly more of a squashed Christmas tree habit vs the collection of spears a Zulu warrior might take to battle above.  

Another thing worth mentioning with these, is that resistance to leaf septoria is unlikely to be the best,  as the UEL line is generally susceptible, and I don’t think the WL is going to bring much resistance to the table in the cross.   So if this disease is prevalent in your area, might be worth considering a preventative copper fungicide treatment prior to flowering, and/or expecting a slight yield loss.  Cheers 

Holy moly that's some insane bud to leaf ratio. How's the crystal production/overall bud quality on these? Maybe @Revive can comment. Overall looks insane for outdoors I may test these out this season too.

35 minutes ago, polishninja said:

Holy moly that's some insane bud to leaf ratio. How's the crystal production/overall bud quality on these? Maybe @Revive can comment. Overall looks insane for outdoors I may test these out this season too.

That cross pictured is still in R&D and not available yet.  Lovelock is the temporary replacement I’m confident will have many of the desirable qualities as an F1, and should produce a high quality end product in suitable conditions.  

As a side note, I made a mistake in my previous post by referring to Lovelock as Goldlock when talking about squashed x-mass tree structure.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

That cross pictured is still in R&D and not available yet.  Lovelock is the temporary replacement I’m confident will have many of the desirable qualities as an F1, and should produce a high quality end product in suitable conditions.  

As a side note, I made a mistake in my previous post by referring to Lovelock as Goldlock when talking about squashed x-mass tree structure.  

You have answered my question @Amarillo slim

Gonna get involved, lovely bit of breeding, exciting to hunt for pheno of that 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, Amarillo slim said:

2023 outdoor releases will be Rubberwarp x MWF (seeds currently fattening).  Hard as nails plants, easy trim good quality flower.  

And two untested 'early' skunk types;  

Warlock x UEL

('Cheese' x Goldlock) x UEL 

These last two probably better suited to open, well ventilated, septoria free locations between 50-52n.  Good bag appeal, potency, smells.  

On 12/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, Amarillo slim said:

Ive decided to do a another year work on it, so will be 2024.  But the two untested skunk types I mention above are genetically not too different, same UEL parent used in ZUEL, and same Goldlock in the cheese cross.  The straight Warlock x UEL is using a different Warlock to what I made Goldlock with, but it is superior in many ways.  These are both a little bit of a punt over here but should do very well at your lat.  

On 3/31/2023 at 6:19 PM, Amarillo slim said:

In the end I decided only to sell the WL x UEL, now called Lovelock, as I’m less confident in the cheesy cross and wouldn’t want people to be disappointed with anything they’ve paid for.  I have included 2 of the cheesy ones as freebies when you buy Lovelock though, so people can give them a whirl if they want.  

I took a Lovelock seed as early as I could during production and grew quickly before putting into flower under natural light (trying to mimic autumn), and have to say the smell was everything I could have hoped for.   The WL mother is a very special plant and it seems she has passed on all the best qualities to her daughters.

^^^^^

Just quoting myself...   Haven't gone mad,  just highlighting the fact I've been completely transparent about the nature of the Lovelock in the store being something which hasn't yet been properly tested outdoors.

This decision was not made lightly, and is a reflection of the confidence I have through much experience with the parent lines, or in the case of the UEL, the actual individual plant.

With same mother I've made and grown;

UEL x RW

UEL x auto zamaldelica aka ZUEL, since bred to F4 and used in crosses itself.  

UEL x MWF 

UEL Bx1 (ZUEL) 

Various others...  

I know this plant like the back of my hand and exactly what it does in crosses, it's consistent across the board.   

Ive been breeding with warlock and hybrids for around 15 years.  Most recent stuff being Goldlock (bred to F4) , MWF x Warlock, Limelock etc..  Again, I know exactly what traits are passed on from this line in crosses.  Gerrit showed way back when that it worked as 50% of an outdoor cross with Eearly skunk F2 when he made Biddy early... The smell / resin and potency passed from the WL with some semi-auto / light sensitive traits from the early pearl grandparent...  The same kind of traits that the UEL passes which will make the cross finish outdoors....  

I'd also like to add, as I've said above, this cross is a TEMPORARY stand in  for the Goldlock x ZUEL, which when released will be 9 generations worth of all-female breeding, as well as (hopefully) a conversion of one of the parents to tetraploid to make the offspring triploid... Which would make them THE most advanced, throughly bred seeds that have ever been produced for our climate... 

Certain people won't like to hear that, or try and minimise it or say I'm blowing my own trumpet..  And honestly, I couldn't give less of a fuck..   Comes with the territory.  

I'l get a logo made at some point for all the people who don't like reading the jargon...  For now I'm focusing on things like plant breeding...  

Cheers  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

FFS guys give it a rest, the only people Invested in this one upmanship are you 2 and TBH it's not going to do either of your business's any favours. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

FFS guys give it a rest, the only people Invested in this one upmanship are you 2 and TBH it's not going to do either of your business's any favours. 

It’s doing nowt  to my business I’m a reputable breeder and have been for years ,… and have one of the best customer services in the game .

this clown has just admitted out right that the seeds in the Forum shop are  untested and now has tried to cover his back with this last post , Then tried some reverse psychology saying that he doesn’t give a fuck if people believe him or not lol  … I rest my case. 

He should’ve just let sleeping dogs lie fucking idiot.  

He can speculate and come up with all the assumptions he likes but at the end of the day how can you try tarnish a reputation of a company when the seeds they sell do exactly what they say on the tin lol The seeds sell them fucking selves end of.

Edited by panik

Just now, panik said:

It’s doing nowt  to my business I’m a reputable breeder and have been for years ,… and have one of the best customer services in the game .

this clown has just admitted out right that the seeds in the Forum shop are  untested and now has tried to cover his back with this last post , Then tried some reverse psychology saying that he doesn’t give a fuck if people believe him or not lol  … I rest my case. 

He should’ve just let sleeping dogs lie fucking idiot.  

He can speculate and come up with all the assumptions he likes but at the end of the day how can you try tarnish a reputation of a company when the seeds they sell do exactly what they say on the tin lol The seeds sell them fucking selves end of.

You’d do well to keep out of my thread.

Edited by Amarillo slim

1 hour ago, panik said:

lol Classic 

i thought you said it was getting boring?, you are a pretty bad advert for this site atm

3 hours ago, panik said:

Humble as well apparently lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Humble as well apparently lol

There’s being humble then there’s knowing your worth and the day to day effort you put in to be where you want to be , some might say it’s an ego thing but if someone trying to tarnish my name well they can fuck off as I know what goes on behind the scenes and the efforts we put in here on a daily basis ..