Rennie's 2021 RGSC Guerilla Adventure's

Rennie_99

1 hour ago, Rennie_99 said:

Regarding the frame - Yes, the tarp itself - probably not lol. The frame is absolutely solid... whilst constructing i managed to drop one of the heavy logs squashing my finger, it just exploded lol, never seen so much blood from a finger... trying not to scream like a b*tch wasn't easy, was hopping round like Basil Fawlty for a good few mins! Because of the size of the tarp and the way i laid it out most of the force of the weight should be lateral against the vertical sticks and only partly pulling down on where the tarp is pinned at the top so tbh i'm not to sure what to expect there... as mentioned i think the tarps knackered anyway so it would be a relatively easy modd i think, either double or triple up on the vertical sticks and wack some heavy duty tape front and back where the sticks piecer to counter any tearing through... make sense? We'll see what's what tommorow.

Yeah that frame looks like it would hold an elephant bro.. sorry to hear about your finger, tbh I injure myself pretty much every season without fail.. still got bits of gorse spines in my foot, thumb and hand that I can't seem to get out.. pretty painful when they get slightly infected.. yeah hopefully tarp with spread its weight sideways when it fills so it may hold thinking about it.. like you say bit of modification here and there im sure you will make it work.. think im gonna dig a lil trench at 1 of my plots and line it with some DPM got a big fuk off roll of it in the lockup.thinking ill prob visit after rainfall to collect it and store it in containers.. ideally want to empty the trench so it drys out as I think the water will go manky otherwise.. water + sunlight = algae guess it wouldn't take long before before it got all shitted up im sure.. that poor lil affiedaze is struggling by the looks of it.. the only 1 that came good for me is now looking much better but has almost zero vigour.. hardly moving but has some new growth now..she got planted out so we shall see..:yep:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rennie_99 said:

@Revive Looking good, was about 3 or 4 inches of water in there, water butt next to it had less than an inch.

Thats great news dude..I guess it better with a wider catchment area.. was talking to another member earlier who suggested a paddling pool.. easy to carry as its inflatable.. wide catchment area, and fuking cheap.. argos do 100 odd ltr ones for like £6 so maybe I'll grab a couple 1 as a spare.. only got 6 girls on the bastard plot and thats the only 1 without a water source.. plus being as the towers are at that plot there certainly more prone to dry out.. may still dig the trench if I get bored lol want the clay to build around my towers to shield from the heat and create some support for the cage later down the line.. pleased that worked out for you man... good job :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

First five below went out around end of May, last four on the 19th June.

large.coppice_2.jpg

...apologies for the blurry pics. Been on the GoPro this year since the phone camera went up the sh*tter lol.

• Like 4

Morning, out to plot yesterday to try tying a few of the bigger plants to North after reading another thread. Didn't do them all just a few of the bushier ones. Here's a pic of the OPGxFreezeland.

large.45deg_opg_freeze.jpg

I discovered that the iphone compass is absolute dog sh*t, it basically depends on what direction your facing when you open the app lol. I know my plots but was just using it to check my accuracy.

Discovered another couple of males, one was obvious and the other i spotted as i was trying to tie it down.

large_male.jpglarge.males_scrapped.jpg

Still no RGSC males yet but they are mostly quite a way behind my random's, still a bit gutted as both of these were lovely looking plants. Replaced with a DFG BX1.

Spotted these guys just chilling out doing their thing.

large_bugs.jpglarge.bugs2.jpg

Finally, here's a pic of what i assume is some kind of auto... from the same bag as my 'randoms' but is the only one to have flowered so early at such a small size.

large.flower_auto.jpg

• Like 8

Mate this is looking awesome! Sorry to hear about the makes. Least you found them in time!

• Like 2

Not sure what's going on with this one, not looking to well. It's seems slugs have been having a go at it but given it's size i wouldn't have thought it would cause the whole plant to struggle. It looks like a lack of water maybe but given the recent rain i doubt that too, gave it some more water anyway and will just keep an eye on it.

large.sick2.jpglarge.sick3.jpg

large_sick.jpg

Here's one of the ones i tied down to North with a 45deg stake, has taken to it really well and bushing out nicely.

large.90deg_bush.jpg

Spotted this stunning little fella on my rounds and thought he deserved some nice big pics!

large.dragon_fly4.jpg

large.dragon_fly6.jpg

large.dragon_fly1.jpg

After he finished posing for the photoshoot he took off and done several laps of my plot swooping down and around the plants showing off  before 

doing the off presumably to go and find Mrs Dragonfly lol.

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

After the other's i tied 45deg to North last week seen to have taken to it so well iv'e been and done all the others that were at least 3ft.

large.plots.jpg

Top plot is way behind and has been ravaged by slugs. Got some close ups to follow later. Annoyingly/stupidly managed to snap two of the plants whilst

bending, straightened them back up and tied them at less of an angle, should be ok i think.

large.plants1.jpg

• Like 5

Ps - Anyone know why my pics always seem to come out blurry/low res once iv'e uploaded them here? Once onto my comp i copy them to paintbrush to resize to get them under 1mb and then save as a jpeg at which point the quality is still good. Compared to others my pics look crap?

2 minutes ago, Rennie_99 said:

Slug damage(I think) from the top plot of the pic above. 

large.slug_damage_bramble_b.jpglarge.slug_damage_bramble_c.jpg 

Id say so mate thats what mine are looking like found a baby slug on a leaf and removed it .not seen any others they seem to be nocturnal lol.