Rennie's 2021 RGSC Guerilla Adventure's

Rennie_99

Had a visit out today just to check up how they're doing, cannot lie, i'm pretty dissapointed with the levels of growth or more accurately, lack of it. Annoyingly, for some reason my random bag seed plants seem to be doing a lot better than the majority of the RGSC's, strange because they've all been done using the same methods. My original plan was to replace the random's with RGSC's iv'e got going in the grow boxes and at home but given how good most of the random's are looking i'm not so sure anymore. Some of the RGSC's look like they're struggling and a bit deformed/off colour. Hopefully with more of this rain and sun we're getting they'll pull through and catch up. The obvious explanation would be the cold we had in May but why it hasn't affected the random's i don't know.

large.Pig_a_x6.jpg

large.Pig_b_x6.jpg

large.Pig_c_x6.jpg

large.Pig_d_x6.jpg

large.Pig_e_x6.jpg

OPG x Freezeland is looking the best of the bunch so far. Also one of the random's has started flowering already which is handy as iv'e run out of last years lol.

• Like 12

Here's the rest of the pics from my visit the other day... not sure wether to replace most of these or see if they pull through. Think i'll give em another week as the iv'e still got room for more growth in the grow boxes. I'm pretty sure the NL2xChem is finished though... it's looked like that for a couple of weeks now.

large.RS_a_x6.jpg

• Like 3

Found this one had started growing lots of pairs of boll*cks... out of all the random's and regs iv'e got this is the first male iv'e discovered. 

large.Male_random.jpg

• Like 2

Went to put out my last batch of seedlings into my growboxes and found this....

large.Growbox_slug.jpg

My own fault for not using corner sticks in the ground to raise the mozi net height so put some sticks in, doubled up the net and put two strips of 

copper tape round... let see you try it again you slimey little c**ts lol.

large.Growbox_slug_protection.jpg

Here's the other one with it's final group of occupants;

large.Growbox_pig.jpg

• Like 4

Another water collection set up, unfortunately i couldn't get this set up before May because the surrounding vegitation wasn't enough to hide it but i'm sure we'll get some rain soon, with this kind of setup it won't take long to fill. I've have some spare containers with lids to store more water when the catchment butt fills up. 

large.water_collection_bramble.jpg

• Like 7

Chopped a load of support sticks, shoulder was wrecked after lugging them a fair distance.

large.support_sticks.jpg

• Like 2

Another couple of random's growing balls, replaced with a Mighty Gold and a Creme Caramel. 

large_male.jpg

• Like 3

Here's the best performer's so far, if you look closely at the random you can see it's started flowering already. Some cracking smells coming off them now :).

large.plantsx3_b.jpg

large.plantsx3_a.jpg

To contrast here's the runts of the group... no idea what's going on but if you look back through the pages you'll see they've barely changed in about a month. Got some replacements lined up in the grow box which i''ll probably do over the weekend. Aside from a few odd ones left in the other grow boxes that's me almost done with plant outs. 

large.runts.jpg

Edited by Rennie_99
grammar
  • Like 5

Afternoon all, had a busy one this afternoon setting up another water collection. Have now got them all complete just in time for the downpour we're due tonight and in the coming days :). Rather than the hung tarp and butt underneath i went for a different approach at this plot. Due to it being a coppiced area there's loads of long tree trunks laying about, after a brief search i found what we as kids used to call a 'bomb hole' and basically dragged and layed the trunks across forming a square framework. I planted some vertical sticks and tied them up at the top to act as a support for the tarp and then used the top of those supports to pin the tarp in place. I give you... the Gorilla Bath lol.

large.guerilla_bath1.jpg

large.guerilla_bath2.jpg

It's approx 2x2m and 1m deep, should be ample to keep the 20 odd plants there nicely watered. Once there's a decent amount in there i'll chop and lay a load of those bushy green branches you can see over the top to stop it all evaporating away as well as filling up the butt which iv'e got a lid for. Iv'e tactically located it at the top of the slope above my plot so if i wanted to i could setup a pipe system straight down to my plants or at worst it'll be a case of walking down the slope manually with buckets. The only potential issue is my bodged patches, not to confident they're going to hold up in which case i'll just get a new tarp and lay it in on top of that one. Going to pop back down there tommorow to check. Clouds are brewing up overhead as i write this :).

• Like 6

@Rennie_99 sterling work dude.. great idea:yep: do you think it will hold once its full.. thats gonna be a fuking lot of weight i would have thought..

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

@Rennie_99 sterling work dude.. great idea:yep: do you think it will hold once its full.. thats gonna be a fuking lot of weight i would have thought..

Regarding the frame - Yes, the tarp itself - probably not lol. The frame is absolutely solid... whilst constructing i managed to drop one of the heavy logs squashing my finger, it just exploded lol, never seen so much blood from a finger... trying not to scream like a b*tch wasn't easy, was hopping round like Basil Fawlty for a good few mins! Because of the size of the tarp and the way i laid it out most of the force of the weight should be lateral against the vertical sticks and only partly pulling down on where the tarp is pinned at the top so tbh i'm not to sure what to expect there... as mentioned i think the tarps knackered anyway so it would be a relatively easy modd i think, either double or triple up on the vertical sticks and wack some heavy duty tape front and back where the sticks piecer to counter any tearing through... make sense? We'll see what's what tommorow.

• Like 1