Rennie's 2021 RGSC Guerilla Adventure's

Rennie_99

Out to plot yesterday to prep a few more holes for the next batch of seedlings, not a lot of growth to report on due to the weather, not even worth getting the camera out. Second batch of RGSCs coming along nicely indoors, will probably be going out the end of the week.

large.rgsc_batch2.jpg

Found a new plot the other day, just off out to see what the grounds like and do some digging. Going to take the 2 in the plastic pots above with me and chuck in the ground somewhere.

• Like 5

Afternoon all, decided the two new plots iv'e found are good to go so have just spent the morning lugging gear about, 100l perlite, 4 x 10l compost, 8 x 25kg sand, 10kg FBB, 10kg Chicken pellets, 10kg lime, seedling box and a fork n spade. Now i've just got to pull my finger out and get digging. I realise it's a little late for plot prep but my line of thinking is to dig the holes, mixture of lime and sand in first, then chick poo and fbb mixed with natural soil, perlite and compost, then, like my other plots, soil and perlite mixed and in sunken pots/bags. The theory being by the time the roots have used all the soil in the bags and stretch out to the soil mix in the ground the chick poo/fbb will be nicely broken down, all the while the lime at the very bottom will be eating away at the clay. If it's not quite right and burns the plants at least i'll be well prepared for next year.

Side note... this weather!!! Was sunny and warm this morning then all of a sudden went dark and had an epic downpour, biggest hail stones i''ve ever seen in this country! Roads turned to rivers, 10mins later sunny and warm again! Not sure how my littlen's out in the ground already would have faired?

• Like 1

Afternoon all, big ups to Mr Panik... just received these bad boys in the post this morning! :) 

large_rgsc.jpg

I was all ready to head out to the new plot to continue prepping, bag packed, food n drinks made, waterproofs on... then discovered a flatty on the motorbike ffs so i now have a new job for the afternoon.

• Like 2

Got some of Panik's testers on the go already;

Gorilla Dawg            x 3

Brain Freeze            x 3

Affiedaze                 x 3

Super #61              x 2

Serious 6                x 2

Mighty Gold            x 2

NL2xChemxOPG    x 2

Fast Lemon Drizzle  x 2

Hopefully this weekend is the last of the cold mornings in which case once popped these will be going straight to plot, into jiffy blocks and into the grow boxes.

large.germ6_400.jpg

• Like 5

Evening all, busy day today out prepping the new plot i found. I discovered it last year but was holding it as a back up, however after sinking the fork in the ground this afternoon i have now decided this is going to be my primary plot for the future. It's a huge area on a south facing slope that's been copiced, every 10yrds or so theres a nice exposed patch of soil where they've had fires, the first few inches is really rich looking crumbly soil with soft clay underneath, so easy to dig and turn :). I basically dug out about a foot deep and piled to the side, then chucked down clay breaker, chicken pellets, sharp sand and perlite, then backfilled the beds and threw more perlite and fbb on top. I reckon this plots big enough to hold about 500 plants, i need to get recruiting lol.

large.coppice_5.jpglarge.coppice_6.jpg

^^Dug out.                                                                 ^^Clay breaker, chicken pellets, sand and perlite added.

large.coppice_7.jpg

^^Backfilled, more perlite and fbb added.

Other prepped holes/beds;

large.coppice_1.jpglarge.coppice_2.jpglarge.coppice_3.jpglarge.coppice_4.jpg                                                      

Edited by Rennie_99
  • Like 5

Another busy one today, put this lot out.

large.seedlings_2305.jpg

Here's some in the ground;

large.SERIOUS6_2.jpglarge.NL2_CHEM_OPG_2.jpg

Serious 6                                                                      NL2XCHEMXOPG   

large.AFFIEDAZE_1.jpg

Affiedaze

large.BRAMBLE.jpg

Edited by Rennie_99
  • Like 5

Here's some that have already been out for a couple of weeks, growth has been slow. A couple look funny as they had outgrown their cloches and had twisted up a little.

large.SUPER61.jpglarge.SERIOUS6.jpglarge.RANDOM.jpglarge.RANDOM_4.jpglarge.RANDOM_3.jpglarge.RANDOM_2.jpglarge.RANDOM_1.jpglarge.OPGXPURPLEFREEZE.jpglarge.OPGXPURPLEFREEZE_B.jpglarge.NL2_CHEM_OPG_1B.jpglarge.NL2_CHEM_OPG_1.jpglarge.MIGHTY_GOLD.jpglarge.FAST_LEMON_DRIZZLE.jpg

With the temps starting to go up and some more sun in June these should hopefully start to take off.

Edited by Rennie_99
  • Like 5

Couple of pics from the pylon plot i found, the ground isn't so good here as the coppiced plot above so i don't think i'll put too much effort into this one. I stuck a couple of my bagseed randoms in the ground to see how they get on, just turned over a small patch, nothing added. You can see from the attempted hole i dug its pretty rocky and tough clay.

large.pylon_dig.jpglarge.random_pylon.jpglarge.random2_pylon.jpg

• Like 3

Another busy one today plot prepping.

large.cop_1.jpglarge.cop_2.jpg

large.cop_3.jpglarge.cop_4.jpg

Not ideal for mulch but i figured it's better than nothing for now.

large.cop_5.jpglarge.cop_6.jpg

large.cop_7.jpglarge.cop_9.jpg

large.cop_8.jpg

• Like 4

I put some of the above in the ground and some in the growbox's, theyre prob a tad young for the ground already so just hedging my bets.

large.RS_growbox1.jpglarge.Pig_growbox.jpg

• Like 2