tescoturnips summer of bud

tescoturnip

On 22/09/2020 at 10:40 AM, HullFeltMashematician said:

My drying setup...

large.rsz_img44480.jpglarge.IMG_0478JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0477JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0479JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0483JPG.jpg

Rhino Pro was the only thing I didn't go budget on.. lol It's in the middle box, passively drawing air through both boxes..

Fan controller currently on low, good negative pressure with the 2 boxes. Can add more boxes as and when needed and increase fan power.

Holes for passive intake at far end of each dry chamber, old (clean) pair of tights used as filter screens..

No smell at all.. I can also leave my paper bags/shoe boxes with curing weed in just by the passive intake on one of the boxes, this reduces that smell also.

Humidity rises to about 60% for a day or so when boxes are filled with fresh weed, then balances out at low-mid 50's. Temps at night are 18-19'C, daytime temps 20-24'C; trying to keep it as cool as possible, bloody heat waves lol

First batch out the box had 7 days and wasn't quite snap dry, happy with that.

:skin_up:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Right back here again, havnt got full updates as was more interested in checking mould, and chopping on visits

Just one thing I'm gunna have to face is chopping some plants that won't be ready before the maize get cut down. Last year this ment chucking few in bushes and the furthest of this lot I managed to salvage and made a lot of cannabutter out of! Hoping most will make it, looking like royal mazar and Whitey freeze are good to finish in time but mighty gold/freeze might be struggling to finish but they've got another 3weeks or so yet so can only hope. Will have a rough idea of when maize is been done so can leave out as late as possible.

This is pictures from a week ago roughly

Caged plot

large.20210903_110938_compress34.jpglarge.20210903_110931_compress81.jpglarge.20210903_105833_compress56.jpglarge.20210903_105841_compress61.jpglarge.20210903_110741_compress85.jpglarge.20210903_110357_compress19.jpg

The small plot

Have chopped to small royal mazars here lost a bit to mould but we're looking ready, chopped 2 twos after these photos. 

Whitey freeze coming on nicely and had bit extra support as ones branch's seem to grow horizontal and may snap with Juicy buds at the end!

These again are week old pics 

Royal mazars now chopped 

large.20210904_122718_compress3.jpglarge.20210904_122817_compress36.jpglarge.20210904_123024_compress66.jpg

Whitey freeze 

Love this first shot: 

large.20210904_121317_compress39.jpg

large.20210904_121347_compress87.jpg

large.20210908_125149_compress55.jpglarge.20210908_125202_compress48.jpg

Tall plot:

One more royal mazar chopped biggest of lot, bit of mould but overall okay 

Havnt got any other pics from this plot, don't think much will get to finish here with maize deadline, mainly mighty gold and freeze but there all massive monsters. Will get some next visit to this one 

large.20210907_123534_compress75.jpglarge.20210907_123541_compress91.jpg

• Like 13

the tall plot

Made decision to pull some of these, got 3weeks roughly until maize is chopped and some of these just weren't going to finish so out they come, sad to chuck such healthy looking parts but hey ho. Some looking good though! 

large.20210913_180201_compress36.jpglarge.20210913_180132_compress61.jpglarge.20210913_175648_compress1.jpglarge.20210913_175243_compress4.jpglarge.20210913_174818_compress38.jpglarge.20210913_174546_compress6.jpglarge.20210913_174245_compress85.jpglarge.20210913_174239_compress61.jpglarge.20210913_173827_compress67.jpglarge.20210913_173731_compress0.jpg

• Like 11

Ah mould! 

Went a checked caged plot two plants days away and with today's rain and fog and mist mould is incoming fast! So much that wasn't there two days ago!  Chopped loads off will visit again tomorrow to decide if to chop or leave few days as away for weekend and risk coming back to more. See how much have tomorrow, grt very time consuming this trimming jobby! Hoping got most of it and gave them all a shake one checked over for mould but was getting dark

• Like 4

Been a bit slack here not many pictures taken been mad rush between work to sort what needs doing. Maize will be coming down around the 1st October so EVERYTHING gotta be out before then, chucked a fair amount in the bushes which wasn't close enough, have other that are 2/3weeks away but might have a half decent crop if a little to early and a few that are week or so away that I'm currently chopping chunks of mould from on every visit, so might come down sooner. 

Basically have 3 plots so plan will be to visit one a day if possible and at the least just remove a lot of fan leaves, meaning when it gets hectic and gotta chop a couple in a day can get straight to manicure rather than endless fan leaves. 

Am currently bagging all waste as would stand out in field if leaves everywhere once maize is cut so gets bagged and hedged, in the hope not to raise suspicions and use area in future. 

Last update had a few to check in caged plot end up throwing one complete plant (royal mazar) and saved about half the other(Whitey freeze)

large.20210919_192226_compress58.jpg

And a mighty freeze came down from tall plot yesterday, lovely dense nugs all round maybe 5% mould but was ready to come down. 

large.20210920_194031_compress5.jpglarge.20210922_071747_compress92.jpg

• Like 12

the small plot 

Lots of fans leaves removed and lower stuff I will not have time to piss about trimming plus its not a close to finish.

Got one week til maize is cut and over dozen plants still out to come in so will start bringing in a weekend and take it as it is. Cloudy trichs mostly all round so although not all pistils turnt should still be decent still! 

Whitey freeze 

large.20210922_122922_compress61.jpglarge.20210922_122941_compress84.jpglarge.20210922_122928_compress59.jpglarge.20210922_122934_compress74.jpg

Royal mazar

large.20210922_130511_compress18.jpglarge.20210922_130517_compress79.jpg

• Like 10

the tall plot

These are big struggling to even check any tops with sun in my eyes and that high up! Did what I could taking any lowers that won't make it.

Most chucked in bushes but still 5 here should still make it if can find the time! Gunna be a busy weekend with the scissors.

These were taken holding camera at head height and I'm just under 6ft, absolute towers

large.20210924_124933_compress63.jpglarge.20210924_125031_compress78.jpglarge.20210924_125044_compress25.jpg

• Like 7

also forgot to say trimmed this beast from the Caged Plot could of had a little longer, but as time presses on and a deadline on for the of next week gotta start trimming now to get it done in time and even so will be a push. 

This took about 1hr on plot trimming down, check mould then another 5 at home last night to tidy it up

mighty freeze 

large.20210924_182458_compress64.jpg

• Like 10

large.20210925_110103_compress40.jpglarge.20210925_124508_compress99.jpg

Another mighty freeze down looking good, with only evenings to sort rest out and no enough time going to be chopping most of last ones with just few fans leaves removed and check over for mould and just have to trim them dry, which I'm already dreading as it's a right ball ache compared to fresh trim! Then will pick one each night to give proper trim over so hopefully no more than 5 or 6 to dry trim in couple weeks. 

Will try and take more pictures as take rest down although keep forgetting, go to plot with scissors in hand and dont think to take picture until uprooted plants and only bare ground left!

Some of this would of been nice to leave for another week but that's not an option, but all trichs milky so wouldn't say to early to be a problem, and on plus side very limited mould compared to stretching plants as long as possible and having to chop away 5% -10 % every visit. 

• Like 9

Bloody temperatures, one week the loft is boiling and crisping buds to fast, next to cold and got that white webby mould trying to grow, got fans keep good circulation aswell just chucked another fan up there and gone over the big bud stuff to chop out any I could see. Problem with big dense nugs I guess! Have a mesh drying rack so might have to chop off stems and try and dry that way to maximise airflow. Just hope I don't lose to much over next couple of days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tescoturnip said:

Bloody temperatures, one week the loft is boiling and crisping buds to fast, next to cold and got that white webby mould trying to grow, got fans keep good circulation aswell just chucked another fan up there and gone over the big bud stuff to chop out any I could see. Problem with big dense nugs I guess! Have a mesh drying rack so might have to chop off stems and try and dry that way to maximise airflow. Just hope I don't lose to much over next couple of days. 

I use the mesh racks and had webz growing so i upped the temps to 23c and it reduced humidity to 65 after a few more days its at 55 rh wack tbe heat up first few day i found helps in a smaller space is easier to regulate temps and rh a loft is harder i guess.

U got a small utility room or toilet?

@B-real nah nowhere in house really except loft space, temps swings up there with the weather outside. Normally trim it at home hanging on a clothes horse next to me and can get away with leaving that over night as is before goes up, but the last week everynight had been a new plants to replace one downstairs and the other get pushed up into loft. Then taking out of loft and back into house into boxes for couple days with stems on, them destemed and into brown bags for a another week or so, seems to slow finish at end nicely just getting it to that stage.

Might see if can find somewhere to get rack downstairs in a corner as could fit fair bit in each layer. Gave up on them a few weeks ago as was just to hot In loft to strip plant to buds  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tescoturnip said:

@B-real nah nowhere in house really except loft space, temps swings up there with the weather outside. Normally trim it at home hanging on a clothes horse next to me and can get away with leaving that over night as is before goes up, but the last week everynight had been a new plants to replace one downstairs and the other get pushed up into loft. Then taking out of loft and back into house into boxes for couple days with stems on, them destemed and into brown bags for a another week or so, seems to slow finish at end nicely just getting it to that stage.

Might see if can find somewhere to get rack downstairs in a corner as could fit fair bit in each layer. Gave up on them a few weeks ago as was just to hot In loft to strip plant to buds  

Well i was in two minds doing this as i struggle with drying areas.

Big box (wardrobe box) hang drying rack or string then attach usb pc fan for extract and use usb power pack for power. Heat wise stick it where its warmest and pray.

Enclose the space up in the loft and get air flow i guess .

I dnt really no what im doing but these are my thoughts about my situation.

My loft was 28c so couldnt use it.

Any who take care man.