2021 Greenhouse Grow

AutoAberdeen

I would supercrop the big one and spread her across the back wall especially if she ain't flowering yet few stakes and a bit of netting bet you would double your harvest if not more.

Really wanted to get something going in my new greenhouse this year but neighbour's taking the fence down buggered that up so just out in the wild for me.

• Like 2

First two plants are fully chopped and drying in the shed. By eye, I think I’ve got at least the same as my first jar so with having three more plants in flower now I’ll hopefully have around 5oz of nice ganj to keep us going for the next few years :smokin:

@murphyblue, thanks for the tip, now that I have the first two plants out of the way I’ve now got more room to manoeuvre with the green giant (currently 205cm). 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

First two plants are fully chopped and drying in the shed. By eye, I think I’ve got at least the same as my first jar so with having three more plants in flower now I’ll hopefully have around 5oz of nice ganj to keep us going for the next few years :smokin:

@murphyblue, thanks for the tip, now that I have the first two plants out of the way I’ve now got more room to manoeuvre with the green giant (currently 205cm). 

VERY impressive :yep:

I'm getting to your stage of chopping for my first plant - with second not far behind.

I lost an LST experiment, and another was a failure :(

But hopefully going to have x2 'au naturel' plants  - So happy with that for my first attempt :)

What are your tips on harvesting and drying?

I've heard to harvest in the dark? Not sure if rthat's true though?

Any tips much appreciated :)

Edited by MJMan
spllenig
  • Like 2

@MJManI’ve been harvesting near the end of daylight hours. A nice way to spend time in the greenhouse before sundown.

Been chopping off full branches if all the buds are at the same stage, trimming them in as tight as possible (not overly fussy tbh). I’ve got one of those hanging dryers with little pegs (usually for drying socks), been tying a bit of string to the end of the branch and hang it from the dryer. When it got full I’ve tied the string to a wire across the roof. I’ve got a dehumidifier for wet periods when drying and a fan for hot periods so they’ve always got some movement but even when I don’t run either I’m in and out a few times a day. 

First lot took about a week to dry and has been jarred for curing for 5 days so I’ll be giving it another week or so before testing the cure. 

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

@MJManI’ve been harvesting near the end of daylight hours. A nice way to spend time in the greenhouse before sundown.

Been chopping off full branches if all the buds are at the same stage, trimming them in as tight as possible (not overly fussy tbh). I’ve got one of those hanging dryers with little pegs (usually for drying socks), been tying a bit of string to the end of the branch and hang it from the dryer. When it got full I’ve tied the string to a wire across the roof. I’ve got a dehumidifier for wet periods when drying and a fan for hot periods so they’ve always got some movement but even when I don’t run either I’m in and out a few times a day. 

First lot took about a week to dry and has been jarred for curing for 5 days so I’ll be giving it another week or so before testing the cure. 

Cheers for this - Very helpful :yep:

My biggest/oldest is changing daily  - No idea when it'll be due for a chop.....Will monitor.

I have saved some cardboard boxes that I'll rig with strings with mini bulldog clips on.

These will stay in the shed as think smell will be a little much for the house :/ - The outside of shed will get drenched in Jeyes Fluid if smells too much. Hoow much worse is the odour drying as opposed to flowering plants out of interest?

I'm thinking as breathable cardboard I should be able to shut box up- velcro -  and still have it dry OK? - Thoughts?

• Like 1

For starters I definitely wouldn't seal the box. Even in an indoor environment, putting fresh plants into a cardboard box and sealing it will cause a very big humidity spike. Further, drying in the shed you'll have very high relative temps and humidity to start with I would imagine. 

My 2c. If you're really committed to drying in the shed... Get a hygrometer/thermometer and put it in the shed. Measure humidity/temp over a couple days and see what it says. Gather the necessary equipment to maintain a somewhat stable humidity/temp range as close to ideal as possible. 

OR. Check out my drying setup in the random guerilla thread (many pages back, documented aprox. Aug/Sept/Oct 2020.. the whole thread is a good read anyway from that time of year..)... I used cardboard boxes and the essential bits of kit, a carbon filter and basic rvk inline fan! Rigged it up in a very easy diy way.. Necessary equipment: cardboard boxes, fan, carbon filter, ducting, lots of tape, some old (clean) tights, string... This allowed me to dry in my house with little to no smell escaping the drying chamber.. 

Atb 

Edited by HullFeltMashematician
E2A my drying setup can be found on page 729 Random Guerilla Photos thread
  • Like 3

Just now, HullFeltMashematician said:

For starters I definitely wouldn't seal the box. Even in an indoor environment, putting fresh plants into a cardboard box and sealing it will cause a very big humidity spike. Further, drying in the shed you'll have very high relative temps and humidity to start with I would imagine. 

My 2c. If you're really committed to drying in the shed... Get a hygrometer/thermometer and put it in the shed. Measure humidity/temp over a couple days and see what it says. Gather the necessary equipment to maintain a somewhat stable humidity/temp range as close to ideal as possible. 

OR. Check out my drying setup in the random guerilla thread (many pages back, documented aprox. Aug/Sept/Oct 2020.. the whole thread is a good read anyway from that time of year..)... I used cardboard boxes and the essential bits of kit, a carbon filter and basic rvk inline fan! Rigged it up in a very easy diy way.. Necessary equipment: cardboard boxes, fan, carbon filter, ducting, lots of tape, some old (clean) tights, string... This allowed me to dry in my house with little to no smell escaping the drying chamber.. 

Atb 

Great advice..+1 :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, HullFeltMashematician said:

Atb 

Useful - I will scrap the sealed box (Well guess I could stick a temp/hydrometer in that too, to see...)

I have a few meters - So will defo take some readings before committing to anything :yep:

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the shed is my only option but I use the dehumidifier readings to keep an eye on temp and humidity. Fan to cool if it’s too warm in there. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MJMan said:

I'm thinking as breathable cardboard I should be able to shut box up- velcro -  and still have it dry OK? - Thoughts?

I used to dry all my indoor buds in a cardboard box, best one was a 55inch tv box.

I would drill holes in rows on the sides from top to near the bottom to run the string the long way across the inside of the box to hang the buds from.

Cut a small hole in the bottom side at one end for intake and the top opposite side I would cut another and screw a pc fan over the hole extracting the air out the box.

Never suffered rot once, was in my attic.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2021 at 6:45 PM, AutoAberdeen said:

Think I’m a couple of days away from harvesting the rest of my first GSC with the next one probably getting the top chopped at the same time. 

My “auto” Sour Diesel still hasn’t started flowering, I’m starting to suspect it’s maybe a semi like has been mentioned in some other threads in this sub forum. It’s now 180cm tall and becoming less easy to hide. I’m tempted to top it to make it less visible from potential sightings, anyone done this?

hi , I’m new to the forum and also new to growing too , I was wandering if your harvesting in July when did you start them ? I’m in the north of England and am growing in a greenhouse too would be nice to get a couple off Harvests done just wondering when’s best to get going ? Sorry if this sounds a daft question bit nervous haha , cheers anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAexacly said:

hi , I’m new to the forum and also new to growing too , I was wandering if your harvesting in July when did you start them ? I’m in the north of England and am growing in a greenhouse too would be nice to get a couple off Harvests done just wondering when’s best to get going ? Sorry if this sounds a daft question bit nervous haha , cheers anyway

I started mine indoors in late March under a small and cheap LED grow light before moving them full time into the greenhouse around the end of April. 

Second three seeds were started in the same way around a month after and they’re looking bang on a month behind the two plants I’ve harvested so far.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAexacly said:

Cheers for the reply can’t wait to get a few going next year now , cheers

Welcome - My first year  - Well worth a try - Great advice and people on here :yep:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

Unfortunately, the shed is my only option but I use the dehumidifier readings to keep an eye on temp and humidity. Fan to cool if it’s too warm in there. 

Well the shed was a touch WARM yesterday when I tried.

36.3C in shed and RH was 30

In the box Temp 37.4 with RH of 36

Hoping this heat eases up - Bit crazy down here

Temps in PVC GH have hit 50C on occasion - not the best

Though RH has been beween 20-50

Heat makes them stink more - Not good in my situation

Come back some nice 20-22C temps please......

• Like 1