2021 Greenhouse Grow

AutoAberdeen

I’ll get some pics up tomorrow. In hindsight, I may have started them a bit too soon so hoping that using the heater will mean I can get them outside for longer. 

Going to prep another couple of seeds to be ready to go for the end of the month which would be in line with my timings from last year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UKGrow3r said:

@pipesailor well generally in the uk we wouldn’t have started them in March as we wouldn’t be able to put them outside till May when the weather permits, it’s not too late to get some more going to put out in may, some people do two auto grows per season mate 

@AutoAberdeen sorry mate thought I quoted your post as well you got any pics mate

I see....I have another couple of seeds so I'll maybe try and get those started next weekend. It'll be good to see the difference a month makes. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here are my autos as of today. The black pots are Girl Scout cookies auto and the brown pot sour diesel auto. 

Getting them out into the greenhouse 24/7 has made them start to progress well, I definitely kicked off a bit too early but they’re all doing much better than my autos from last year at the same stage. Feeding with organic seaweed feed when needed and supplemental heating with the Dyson when required. 

Ive got chilli plants and some other tropical type houseplants in there for stealth, been looking from multiple angles and nothing too obvious from the outside unless you look really hard so shouldn’t be noticed by my neighbour at a glance (they are cool so don’t think they’ll phone the rozzers)

large.0B564EA4-4215-4ED0-8370-C7E874A08667.jpeg

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 4

@AutoAberdeen Feel free to tell me to do one......but since I'm also growing autos near Aberdeen it feels like it would be nice to keep our updates together for comparisons / moral support! :)

These are my 4, as of yesterday. I had tried foliating with seaweed fertilizer but it looked like it turned the parts of the leaves brown, so I've opted for root drench since. Generally aiming for twice a week.

Any tips for ongoing maintainance from here?

large.cleaned.jpeg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, pipesailor said:

@AutoAberdeen Feel free to tell me to do one......but since I'm also growing autos near Aberdeen it feels like it would be nice to keep our updates together for comparisons / moral support! :)

These are my 4, as of yesterday. I had tried foliating with seaweed fertilizer but it looked like it turned the parts of the leaves brown, so I've opted for root drench since. Generally aiming for twice a week.

Any tips for ongoing maintainance from here?

large.cleaned.jpeg

No problem with you being in on the thread. 

Here are mine as of today, one is in the early stages of flowering. We realised that the seeds got mixed up so have no idea which is which :wallbash:

I water when they feel light, concentrated seaweed added once a week. I’ll use tomato feed when into flowering to hopefully boost growth. 

large.1766E15C-7D17-4BC8-AD1F-9BB158A0F485.jpeglarge.1BD5F634-8634-4450-B3B5-64C78A81A4A4.jpeglarge.1BEFFF01-2FED-4978-B3CD-65922BB25C74.jpeglarge.66B1A266-F1B6-4511-B3E3-3A1AF576DCC3.jpeg

Put 3 GSC autos in to germinate last night so fingers crossed they work out. 

• Like 5

Nice! Yours look quite far ahead of mine. I realised yesterday that they had outgrown the small pots I'd started the seedlings in, so I guess that's stunted things a little. Next year I'll start them straight in the big pots.

Do you pinch out those side shoots like you would with tomatoes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pipesailor said:

Nice! Yours look quite far ahead of mine. I realised yesterday that they had outgrown the small pots I'd started the seedlings in, so I guess that's stunted things a little. Next year I'll start them straight in the big pots.

Do you pinch out those side shoots like you would with tomatoes?

We’ve been pinching off any small leaves that have got any damage or browning but tend to leave anything that looks healthy. 

I do think I started them a bit too soon but they’re certainly looking nice now. Going much better than my first auto attempt last year and that one still gave us a couple of months worth of dried and cured buds so I’m pretty hopeful for this lot. 

My next three GSC auto seeds have all germinated, one has been planted and the other two look like they’ll have enough of a root each to go into pots tomorrow. Just need to get more perlite from the local garden centre before putting them. 

Ive compared my progress this year to last and it seem that my first flowering plant is on the same schedule flowering wise as last year only looking so much healthier and bushier  than the scrawny thing that I had in 2020. Updated pics to follow in the morning once they’ve woken up. 

• Like 1

Today’s update. More flowering sites have appeared on the centre plant. I’m pretty sure the middle and right are the Girl Scout Cookies and the rangier one is Sour Diesel. 

All three newly popped seeds have gone into their pots, hopefully they work out, if not I’m gonna run a couple of photoperiods to finish naturally. 

large.E1998ECF-105D-44BA-A2C2-FD718A67BB8A.jpeglarge.DD7FDB2F-0D08-435A-B756-115A478E5067.jpeglarge.B4360F8F-CDF8-4ED7-B0A5-9D384091109D.jpeglarge.6B465D67-8944-429D-87C1-0D51E7020507.jpeg

This was my first auto at the same stage last year (was also GSC) so definitely going better this time around. 

large.C94552A6-2A42-469A-B48A-50D202AD8F1F.jpeg

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AutoAberdeen said:

Today’s update. More flowering sites have appeared on the centre plant. I’m pretty sure the middle and right are the Girl Scout Cookies and the rangier one is Sour Diesel. 

All three newly popped seeds have gone into their pots, hopefully they work out, if not I’m gonna run a couple of photoperiods to finish naturally. 

large.E1998ECF-105D-44BA-A2C2-FD718A67BB8A.jpeglarge.DD7FDB2F-0D08-435A-B756-115A478E5067.jpeglarge.B4360F8F-CDF8-4ED7-B0A5-9D384091109D.jpeglarge.6B465D67-8944-429D-87C1-0D51E7020507.jpeg

This was my first auto at the same stage last year (was also GSC) so definitely going better this time around. 

large.C94552A6-2A42-469A-B48A-50D202AD8F1F.jpeg

Is this in an Aberdeen climate mate?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hempire Road said:

Is this in an Aberdeen climate mate?

Im now closer to central Scotland but yeah, Scottish greenhouse. 

• Like 3

First of my next batch of three Girl Scout Cookies autos has shown its head above the surface, it’s currently under a basic LED usb powered grow light where it’ll stay until ready to go out in the greenhouse. 

My current greenhouse batch has two in the early stage of flowering, multiple pistil sites on both so all going well so far. 

• Like 2

All three of my most recently germinated seeds have now surfaced so that’s 6 plants that I’ll hopefully get to harvest over the summer. 

Any tips on what I should do if I go away for a few days? Thought about small grow lights in the house to keep them in case the greenhouse gets too hot and also for security. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AutoAberdeen said:

All three of my most recently germinated seeds have now surfaced so that’s 6 plants that I’ll hopefully get to harvest over the summer. 

Any tips on what I should do if I go away for a few days? Thought about small grow lights in the house to keep them in case the greenhouse gets too hot and also for security. 

Auto Drip Irrigation Watering System Automatic Watering Spike for Plants Flower  <<<< EBAY

Vitax Summer Cloud Liquid Greenhouse Shading Paint 500ml Glass House  <<< EBAY

Personally I leave them in the greenhouse - put plants around them to shade and disguise.

GL ;-)

• Like 2

Modified my home made greenhouse desk to lower the plants as they were up to the glass. Doesn't affect the sun they get and adds to the stealth due to me having other plants opposite out of shot on the only side that can possibly be seen by neighbours.

large.IMG_1472.jpg

The auto Sour diesel hasn't started to show any signs of pistils but the other two are coming on nicely . I'm hoping that these three will be done by the time my next batch of three are this size.

• Like 8