2021 Greenhouse Grow

AutoAberdeen

Thanks, it’s good to know they can handle some rough treatment. The main stem on the first one I started to train has got a lot thicker than my other plants did at the stage it’s at. 

I’m feeding the flowering plants with tomato feed and the vegging on seaweed, once per week with normal watering as and when required. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Machiavellian said:

Looking great, once you LST you never go back (30% yield increase) and I actually badly bent/creased a stem the other day and the plant didn't care one bit. :yep:

Keep the pics coming - loving the diary. Are you feeding them?  GL

For odour I cracked my 1st Neutradol yesterday but I was overcautious, not a bad thing as my neighbours patio area is 10ft away.... and I have 6 large lavender plants in there which are about to flower and that will help. My ghouse is well ventilated.

Weird to read re your stem......as I did same yesterday :/

large_Snap.jpg

• Like 7

I’m already noticing rapid changes after starting LST, the plants take on a totally different form compared to just leaving them to go vertical. 

I remember enjoying watching two plants grow and change by the day at this time last year, having 6 is even more fun! 

Added more stealth to the side of the greenhouse that’s visible to my neighbours, very basic with a few strips of bubble wrap. Just need to make sure it doesn’t get too hot but I can keep on top of that easier than peering eyes. I’m on good terms with next door but better to be safe than getting my collar felt by the boys in blue. 

• Like 4

I love the feeling of going away for a day and coming back to see the changes, they’re flying at this time of year! Looking good bro.. It might be worth anchoring the base of the stem to the pot with a wire so that when you do your lst you don’t risk tearing the plant from its roots… see in the first pic how the whole plant is at a 45 degree angle to the soil instead of having a curve in the maim stem? Seems fine but it’s just a precaution in case!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rustybiff said:

I love the feeling of going away for a day and coming back to see the changes, they’re flying at this time of year! Looking good bro.. It might be worth anchoring the base of the stem to the pot with a wire so that when you do your lst you don’t risk tearing the plant from its roots… see in the first pic how the whole plant is at a 45 degree angle to the soil instead of having a curve in the maim stem? Seems fine but it’s just a precaution in case!

Thanks for the tip, will get that done in the morning :hippy: It does feel strong but I’d rather be safe than killing it

Edited by AutoAberdeen
  • Like 1

No worries man! Although if it’s already strong it might be worth leaving it, I wouldn’t want to be the reason for things going wrong :pitchfork:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

No worries man! Although if it’s already strong it might be worth leaving it, I wouldn’t want to be the reason for things going wrong :pitchfork:

I checked it this morning and it felt pretty strong but I’ll still be careful with my bending!

• Like 1

Latest photos of the GSC in flower. Nice and frosty. large.A7BD2121-F627-4363-8AAD-6920E5478CBD.jpeglarge.7460118B-013D-4388-819B-708C7FF8173D.jpeglarge.30EBD340-CE53-42A5-9D6C-426A0B1D8474.jpeglarge.1DE10CA3-24B4-4B43-89B6-4A1B59ECF9DE.jpeg

scotch bonnet peppers coming on nicely too. 

large.5CF4052B-21CC-4826-B6F0-36A79C59E670.jpeg

• Like 6

First plant I started training is showing it’s first signs of flowering, result. 

My sour diesel auto looks like it’s going now too but it’s massive @1.5m tall. Could stick some baubles and lights on it for Christmas at this rate :smokin:

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, AutoAberdeen said:

First plant I started training is showing it’s first signs of flowering, result. 

My sour diesel auto looks like it’s going now too but it’s massive @1.5m tall. Could stick some baubles and lights on it for Christmas at this rate :smokin:

1.5M - F**k THAT :shock:  - That's scaring me!!!!! lol

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AutoAberdeen said:

Hm, I have a sour diesel auto seed (freebie) was going to grow in the autumn. Will need to get heavy with the LST on that one! :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crow River said:

Hm, I have a sour diesel auto seed (freebie) was going to grow in the autumn. Will need to get heavy with the LST on that one! :)

My one was a freebie as well, should have trained it in hindsight but still can’t believe how tall it’s got compared to the GSC which are probably about half the height of it. Hopefully it doesn’t get too much bigger as space is limited at present. 

• Like 1

Looked out a cheap microscope phone attachment that we’ve had for a while now, got some photos of the top of one of my GSC plants. It’s a bugger to get a good focus. Pistils on this one are starting to turn orange fast on this one, don’t think it’s long now. Planning on chopping the top half, did the same last year with a two stage harvest to let the lower buts finish off more.  

large.CE1C3BEB-9BEA-477C-93C9-80A3DF7D58D5.jpeglarge.711368ED-D24A-4CDA-B3F3-17AE533CB4D0.jpeg

• Like 6