Private Clinics/Prescriptions

iShouldCoCo

11 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Which oil are you using? I was given oil at first, but it was so feeble as to be useless. I'd love to use oil, but it would have to be straight FECO, no dilution.

Im on 20mg/ml THC oil. It works well enough for me, although I would increase the dose If I had the spare money. 

The oils are not something Im so aware of until they ware off. Then I appreciate what they have been doing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, edd.excessive said:

Im on 20mg/ml THC oil. It works well enough for me, although I would increase the dose If I had the spare money. 

The oils are not something Im so aware of until they ware off. Then I appreciate what they have been doing.

Its an individual thing, I believe. I am pretty tolerant to edibles and oils. I was also on the 20mg per ml, but in all honesty I could have necked the whole bottle and hardly noticed any reduction of symptoms. I did, in the end, save roughly half for a bad day. It didn't help much. But vaping and smoking are so very effective for me? lol Go figure! lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, edd.excessive said:

That is incredibly expensive. 20mg per 1ml = 200mg per 10ml times that by 4 and it works out you are getting 800mg for £150. 1 gram of 80% THC shatter for £30 ish a gram has 800mg of THC. Now I understand the quality issue, the amount of times Ive had to kick off because they never purged the butane out so they had more weight is untrue but still its never been so bad the £60 worth would not have less THC than your £150 prescription. 

You can buy nerd ropes around here for £20 that have 800mg in them. 3 for £50. I bought some for me and me mate as his missus was out for the night so you know, nerd rope time. We ate half of o e each and passed out. She came back aski g if we'd had a good time and the only thing we could say was "had a good sleep". It was only at that point that I properly read the pack and saw the recommended amount was one 8th of the rope not 1 half. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

That is incredibly expensive. 20mg per 1ml = 200mg per 10ml times that by 4 and it works out you are getting 800mg for £150. 1 gram of 80% THC shatter for £30 ish a gram has 800mg of THC. Now I understand the quality issue, the amount of times Ive had to kick off because they never purged the butane out so they had more weight is untrue but still its never been so bad the £60 worth would not have less THC than your £150 prescription. 

You can buy nerd ropes around here for £20 that have 800mg in them. 3 for £50. I bought some for me and me mate as his missus was out for the night so you know, nerd rope time. We ate half of o e each and passed out. She came back aski g if we'd had a good time and the only thing we could say was "had a good sleep". It was only at that point that I properly read the pack and saw the recommended amount was one 8th of the rope not 1 half. 

I pay £2 a ml. Im more than happy with the quality and consistency.

16 minutes ago, edd.excessive said:

I pay £2 a ml. Im more than happy with the quality and consistency.

Sorry, I must ha e worked it out wrong then. I qualify for a prescription but at £200 a month (or that's what I thought it was £50 doctors appointment £150 prescription) still a bit more than I can afford. 

If rather have a prescription. Can you break it down for us again. Sorry

Edited by Whatwentwrong

There is a reddit for uk medicinal cannabis users which has a list of all the pricing breakdowns on it. I'm not sure if it's ok to post here, but you could try a search there. 

• Like 3

On 22/02/2021 at 1:11 PM, MissusRhapsody said:

There is a reddit for uk medicinal cannabis users which has a list of all the pricing breakdowns on it. I'm not sure if it's ok to post here, but you could try a search there. 

I have included this on my medical thread on here i help out on the thread when i can i wasnt aloud to put the link so here is a link to the thread

hope it can help some people 

Edited by welshgorrilla
Added link
  • Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 1:11 PM, MissusRhapsody said:

Thanks

On 21/02/2021 at 6:45 AM, Arnold Layne said:

Its an individual thing, I believe. I am pretty tolerant to edibles and oils. I was also on the 20mg per ml, but in all honesty I could have necked the whole bottle and hardly noticed any reduction of symptoms. I did, in the end, save roughly half for a bad day. It didn't help much. But vaping and smoking are so very effective for me? lol Go figure! lol

I've found some people just don't feel edibles. I don't think it's a tolerance thing, because the ones I knew didn't have any higher a tolerance to vaping/smoking, but they could eat a stick of butter that would have me and several others knocked out for a day and claim to feel next to nothing.

Always found that weird.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 6:49 AM, Whatwentwrong said:

I wouldn't trust those and vape juices to not be full of synthetics.

i have the oil, but will be switching to the bud next month and I'll make the extract myself. 30g of good weed for £150 ain't bad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnCleese420 said:

I wouldn't trust those and vape juices to not be full of synthetics.

i have the oil, but will be switching to the bud next month and I'll make the extract myself. 30g of good weed for £150 ain't bad. 

The flower is good value. Definitely 

It's just it seems like it would be more cost effective to buy a rosin press,get the 30g of flower and press it into 6g of rosin than it would be to get the oil. 

It's just the oil that seemed expensive. 

Also whether you would trust the edibles or not it was more about THC%/cost. But yeah, £5 a gram is decent. Cheaper than £20 an eighth. Sorry, like you said, make your own. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know that sapphire are now prescribing flower at the cost of £5 a gram. 20% THC and 70/30 Indica-sativa. Its called Adven 20, medical cannabis is now finally cheaper than the black market and potent.

• Like 1

Supposed to have had my private prescription interview this week -but its been postponed as my GP surgery is claiming to have no records for me. Such a lark! They have been my GP for over 15 years and more like 20.

I had a phone review with a mental health nurse, Friday, last week, which mainly consisted of me saying something, her minimising it, me challenging that and us going round and around for 45 minutes. We ended up with me agreeing to talk to my (new) GP about some new wave of anti-depressants which are less side effect heavy in exchange for her writing some specific stuff down about my symptoms in case the happy pills do nothing and I need to press on towards seeing a psychiatrist seeking a particular diagnosis. I do trade union rep stuff in work -and it has made me a lot more bolshy/polite yet firm and unwilling to take nonsense -the ribenademon of 15 years ago would have rolled over very quickly, at least she agreed to write a bunch of stuff in my notes, I guess.

I swear, it feels unless you can convincingly claim that you are about to go on some kind of imminent murder/suicide rampage, nude in public with fireworks being launched out your arse -it doesn't matter how miserable, anxious, desperate you feel or how much of your life is being lived in crappy conditions/below what seems fair for you.

Very frustrating.

• Like 2

I need a cannabis prescription and should be eligible but cannot afford one right now due to current financial circumstances.

So I grow a little medication myself.

I could do with some cannabis medication to see me through dry spells between crops as I have ceased purchasing from the black market.

I know cannabis works due to years of experience and controlled periods of abstinence. It is not a perfect fix due to mild side effects that I have experience of managing. However there is likely no perfect fix for my ailment. Different strains may improve the negative effects. The negative side effects are preferable to the negative effects of my ailment.

If there was a prescription medication suitable to replace cannabis with less side effects then I might consider this.

I would like to discuss this with the GP but just avoid as the consequences are unknown.

Even if you speak to someone who is pro-cannabis and it ends up in your medical record, then any Tom Dick or Harry that also has access can see and use this to harm you.

I assume that you can ask to speak off the record? If not what happened to doctor-patient confidentiality? 

Which of the 20 or so GP's at the surgery do you have the official doctor-patient relationship with?

eta:

Telephone appointments are recorded by the surgery too.

Which could work against you if you make an admission to using a controlled substance outside of a prescription.

Could also work for you if you ask questions which are made clearly hypothetically.

Edited by smokinggolden
Covid-19 telephone appointments
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, smokinggolden said:

I need a cannabis prescription and should be eligible but cannot afford one right now due to current financial circumstances.

So I grow a little medication myself.

I could do with some cannabis medication to see me through dry spells between crops as I have ceased purchasing from the black market.

I know cannabis works due to years of experience and controlled periods of abstinence. It is not a perfect fix due to mild side effects that I have experience of managing. However there is likely no perfect fix for my ailment. Different strains may improve the negative effects. The negative side effects are preferable to the negative effects of my ailment.

If there was a prescription medication suitable to replace cannabis with less side effects then I might consider this.

I would like to discuss this with the GP but just avoid as the consequences are unknown.

Even if you speak to someone who is pro-cannabis and it ends up in your medical record, then any Tom Dick or Harry that also has access can see and use this to harm you.

I assume that you can ask to speak off the record? If not what happened to doctor-patient confidentiality? 

Which of the 20 or so GP's at the surgery do you have the official doctor-patient relationship with?

eta:

Telephone appointments are recorded by the surgery too.

Which could work against you if you make an admission to using a controlled substance outside of a prescription.

Could also work for you if you ask questions which are made clearly hypothetically.

I disagree with a lot of what i have said tbh any thing u tell a doctor is private between u and him and thats the LAW so if u have evidence to state other wise id say act accordingly 

Secondly you mentioned the negative side effects you can by pass this by using a cbd dominant strain theres loads to choose from check out the dinafem medical range also you can taylor ur specific need around the chop and get desired effect that way too 

Trust me when i say ur miles away from the reality i have openly discussed cannabis treatment's in court hospital and even with social services (one of my children has a severe life limiting condition ) and never had a single bad come back or anything near like u mentioned above ? Whats u actual  worry here seems like u want a magic cure???