Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

Sounds positive man! Practice makes perfect :smokin: As been said above, each cap behaves very slightly differently, so you need to tune in to when is the perfect time to stop heating, IE bang on the second click, or couple of secs past etc.

Generally I take a couple of hits, then dig the herb out of the bowl, mix/crumble finer, and back in for more hits

• Like 2

Right first thing I gotta say is the dynavap m+ all about learning the heating technics (I very much still am) 

Last night I was just heating the top of the cap & was getting nice clouds & a small lung full after done 5 bowls over an hr & was in a very nice state. As I'm just getting bk into smoking weed it's perfect because it's microdosing & it gives a very clear clean stone effect. 

On 2 occasions last nite my dynavap did not click but was ready, any ideas why this happened? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 130RMORGA03 said:

On 2 occasions last nite my dynavap did not click but was ready, any ideas why this happened? 

Maybe you were a bit eager to re heat, and the cap didn't have the time to 'click' back to cool?

• Like 3

Quick question. 

Are u ment to cover the air hole after u hear the second click b4 u inhale? 

I've been getting much better results this way so far. 

Get a half decent single flame touch (vapefiend). First hit heat the tip and draw on the click...very terpy. Then heat straight back up keeping a decent distance between flame and 2/3 up the cap....slow heat up and about 3 seconds over click is enough to get phat rip and finish chamber

That what works for me anyway but practice makes perfect 

Also can pick up a grinder from pretty much any corner shop for a few quid makes for much more effecient vaping

I rarely cover hole unless I'm really trying to make the last of the hit but different heating techniques will vary

• Like 1

I cover the hole with my finger and roll the stem between thumb and finger as I take tokes, letting little trickles of air in. I like a bit of resistance on the pull

• Like 1

I need a little airflow thro the air port for the flavour and do the pinch n roll technique

It's all quite clever stuff the way it works, opening up the airport causes a verturi effect which sucks more vapour thro and blends and cools everything more efficiently, apparently  

E2a here's a video about it lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDEMoWtVUI

Edited by Hippie on hill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking on vapefiend and spied the dynavap woodwynd.

She sure looks pretty, any one in here got one ?  Had my old dynavap for years now, time for a new one so any reports would welcomed

Edited by Cainedbutable

So I thought I’d have a treat on BF. With a first purchase discount, and 25% off the Dynavap.eu site for the new titaniuM in the blue colour. In total with shopping E107. That’s a stash, vapcap and a fairly decent jet lighter…worked out about £70 if you discount the tax and exchange.

And it’s…..Awful. Truly and bloody! :-(

I said to myself I’d just use it in my IH only. New cap, new stem, perfect. I’ve hit it twice now on my low power UFO IH, cause it’s battery and not mains, and even ripping it out of the heat chamber in the 1st click the weed is over cooked. You can smell it.

b4 you lot start lol , and for the benefit of folks that don’t know I started this thread, I have most of the variants from DV, vong, long stem Ms and now the titaniuM, I’ve custom sets with titanium condensers and mismatched tips, glass stems, grass stems all sorts. I known my way about a DV, and loved them. Until this. 

bigger tip is meh, titanium gets really hot really quick, hence deciding on a dedicated IH cap and device. No flavour, and over toasted weed, that’s actually showing signs of carbonation on the edges on first heat cycle. Very disappointing.

im already back on my stainless 2020 m, which without doubt is the best of the lot without water. Holds temps longer, takes longer to heat, by about 5 seconds, and all the flavour is transferred fully. Awesome! 

Couldn't bloody believe it. I was well excited too. I’ve now realised that all you really need is the M in stainless. Not even an M+

the longer stem addition just helps you spin the device in your lips, doesn’t really add anything. Vong is interesting with the rotation sleeve, except in the 5 years I’ve had mine the rotation has worked about 3 times since the get go. The moisture jams the rotation against the outer stem. Rendering the function fairly useless, which is why they brought the new metal one out.

was gonna have a go with the woodwynd, but looking at it I thought, vong with fancy tip and stem/mouthpiece - and can you imagine how quick that ‘quick heating’ tip is gonna bake lol…

really though all titanium device would be a fast flavour holding lovely experience. Only to be disappointed. My fury edge electric hobo bum travel vape carries more flavour. 

I’ll have to have a couple of Tinymight heads to recover from the travesty. Or fire up the flowerpot with some shatter…OMG

Gutted cause I just came out of major abdominal surgery looking forward to self medication only to be wholly let down. And it doesn’t even have a matching colour cap. The vanilla stainless. Even the seasonal colours rock a colour coordinated cap. Bollox! (That’s my bad for not noticing, but never the less cheap)

• Like 2

Yeah - Ti tips heat up quicker than SS ones in my IHs too

Some IHs come with spacers to change the insertion depth or let you adjust the power level to try and compensate 

Not tried the Woodwynd, they look nice and I thought I'd won one on Troy and Jerry's stream as I was the 30th person to answer correctly but they decided not to look at the Youtube chat and gave it away to someone in Twitch instead so they're a little tainted for me now lol 

• Like 1

Watched a couple of reviews on the woodwynd, seems to be well received. 

looks like it makes some nice clouds as well.

Think I'm gonna pick one up for Xmas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Smoother for sure. I use my bong dry, no hassle, yes it's another thing to clean periodically but no big deal. Can take thicker/hotter rips also:bong:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Openairbud said:

…Can take thicker/hotter rips also:bong:

I haven’t found that using a bong allows hotter rips at all, because the cap is temperature regulated…if you overheat you burn the weed anyway…and tbf, I’m taking mine straight after the click…interested to know how you get it hotter without burning the material? Best way to do that is a standard dry pre-heat/cool cycle before the first hit…

you can suck thru harder with a bong, and get some bigger hits, but again, I never really noticed any difference imo anyway…

I use two bongs, a mini, which I use dry, and a water piece, used wet, obviously…but the water strips out so much of the goodness into the water anyway…waste of weed again, only my opinion…

gotta say that in all honesty I just use any one of my 4 devices (or all lol) just as they come these days. If I want a desktop, which I think the DV is a bit limited towards, then I use a desktop, simply for not having to keep cooling/filling so often.

• Like 1