Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

44 minutes ago, Personunknown said:

scorched the plate/coating i guess if lazer cut? @mr rhino I just scrolled back and saw your post:)

That's what i thought yeah....

I probably would of complained about it too though but i certainly wouldn't have any qualms about using the rusty looking one eitherlol

• Like 1

I tried burning it off (glowing red), got most of it off the rim but the tail bit the rust had set in too deep and down the other side. Definitely not from cutting.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Would you say it's definitely worth getting a Dynavap M as an entry into the world of battery free vaping? Ive found an M for less than £50, it's calling to me

• Like 3

Anyone grooving to either the ‘M plus’ or the ‘armoured cap’? 

just asking as I feel as though my VAS may need massaging…

looks kinda tight to be fair, single heat extraction, no rotation…nice tip that’s a bit bigger, new heating experience…

…also interested in why dynavap

advertise it as a single extraction tool with the heat hemispheres and finless tip etc, and then try and sell you the armoured cap for single use extraction…seems somewhat counter intuitive to the new ‘m plus’ in essence…leaving one wondering is it really a total extraction tool in vanilla rendition, or do you need the new heavyweight cap too…?  ^^ lol

anyways regardless of that I don’t mind multiple heatings, it keeps the hit fresh. I can squeeze 3-4 in the winter and all good cloudy hits as well…specially off the stainless m tip. I get 2 good hits of the Ti vong tip…and 3 solid from the XL stainless too. 

but I have to say I do like a DV vaping experience; I have a 19m, 20m XL and a Vong as above. Love them all in their place and enjoy the differing experiences…

I also got bong adapters, water pieces, glass stems, mini pipes, straw and grass stems, wooden ones, home made and bought, it just goes on and on lol

…but back to the original question…

…are you? Or are you considering? or do you think it’s sales bumf for the same old same old, however good that is? 

cause all things considered, you have to go a ways to beat the DV ‘everything’ to be fair. It’s all I use unless I session with 10 mates, then flowerpot, or travel and it’s mighty  or Tinymight only!

…thoughts anyone?

Edited by zeroG

@zeroG

I might pick up an armoured cap if discounted heavily during 4.20.

otherwise it's too expensive and I've spent too much on DV over the years. 

Have a fmj that works fine for those one hit wonders, but I like the slower puff puff approach. I rarely use the fmj.

Tbh I think the 40£ better put towards a thermal accumulater by phattpiggie. Can use on DV stems but it's a mini baller head.

I'm really impressed with mine.

Still love my DV collection and use everyday but it's good to add a bit of variety.

Not interested in the m+. If I didn't have so many stems  then maybe. 

Let us know how you get on if you purchase.

• Like 1

@M Pamplemoussewhere can one acquire a ‘Thermal Accumulator’? …I’m in the UK trying to buy a UK product, and i can’t lol ?? WTF

…one would assume next to the tartan paint and the snake oil, by the sound of its name - however there is a stock gap in the shelving…

If it hits like the video, that’ll be me once a day lol c’mon.

1 hour ago, zeroG said:

@M Pamplemoussewhere can one acquire a ‘Thermal Accumulator’? …I’m in the UK trying to buy a UK product, and i can’t lol ?? WTF

…one would assume next to the tartan paint and the snake oil, by the sound of its name - however there is a stock gap in the shelving…

If it hits like the video, that’ll be me once a day lol c’mon.

The initial release was limited but my understanding is the next batch in much greater numbers is in a few weeks.

There is one on eBay at the moment. No one bid first time round so may be open to offers. It's more expensive as it is attached to a lovely wooden stem as an all in unit (I got just the bare unit requiring a stem to attach).

• Like 1

I tried picking up an Armoured Cap and the new M+ but shipping was ridiculous from Wisconsin 

Unfortunately I think you need to follow Phattpiggie on Instagram to stay in the loop.

The Anvil, Dani and Phattpiggies TA all fall into the same category, for me.

Then there's Glass Charlie, Rogue Wax Works, PT glass, RBT Ryan, Vaponic a couple of others that make glass things in a similar vein.

The Phattpiggie TA would be my pick of that bunch tho 

• Like 2

@M Pamplemousse tell me a bit more about phatP pls... vids seem a bit scarce.

whats the temp indicator? Is it a click, colour change or just best guess, like some of the glass vapes?

how big is the chamber etc etc etc...

judging by by your first comment I can assume you’re very happy with yours?

always looking to add pedigree to the stable, and have been looking for a bigger vapcap, it just depends if it’s become a semi desktop with ‘heating tools needed’, and/or heating time...

dont laugh at semi desktop, Tinymight is exactly that lol, portable is not just size, but hit too, for me anyway lol you have to be a seasoned pro to take a full TM bowl out and about, mainly cause it’s full extraction, like DV etc 

@zeroG

Have a look at fuck combustion. Lots on there.

Otherwise:

No temp indicator. You can go by colour of cap as heated. You can time it by torch power. Or just get a feel. It's not tricky and the ta is more forgiving than the DV for combustion. I use either a small triple (about 35 secs) or my blazer big shot (about 15secs).

I prefer using the wand ih which takes about 50 s to get to perfect heat.

Chamber about same size as per volume as DV but wider and less deep.

Very happy. Better airflow than DV. Really shines with concentrate. A bit of rosin in cotton and I can puff away pumping clouds with excellent taste.  Even lower quality hash it manages well. Easier to keep clean.

You can hit it for much longer than a DV due to the better heat retention (it has balls) so you can puff away for longer.

It hasn't replaced my DV collection. I still like the conduction effect on DV whilst ta is more convection based. You can change the balls used if desired (I haven't).

But the two compliment each other imo.

It's not quite as pocketable as the DV. But not far off. 

And finally, it's a UK maker who works on his own. Not that I would support a crap maker just because he/she is British but it is nice to support a British company when they are making a great little vape.

Apparently improvements have been made for the next version. I plan to buy one of these also.

• Like 2

Speaking of crap makers - I wish I hadn't mentioned the Dani now we can see their latest device the Castle is basically a copy of the Vapman 

I was prepared to believe that it was coincidence or a natural convergence of ideas but it's obvious they're just copiers now