Pi grow room monitor/control

Gsp1ce

5 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

@Gsp1ce take a snip and upload as a picture should work fine

could you copy and paste text from that?

have just dropboxed it..

• Like 2

HUGE credit to you. 

After lockdown when I can get my stuff I'll be building on this. 

MANY thanks for your kindness and support. 

large.5eb429ef97034_Screenshot2020-05-07at16_31_01.png

6 minutes ago, KayDog said:

HUGE credit to you. 

After lockdown when I can get my stuff I'll be building on this. 

MANY thanks for your kindness and support. 

Cheers man..until then you can check out the demo flow and it should give you more of an insight.

• Like 3

I stumbled across this recently, anyone else looking for some more automation inspiration then this video is well worth a look, their is a part 2 also.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Gsp1ce said:

could you copy and paste text from that?

have just dropboxed it..

Great post @Gsp1ce. I shall be following with interest (I have a pi sat here doing nothing).

Can you put your code on Github? There might also be similar projects there you can get code from.

• Like 1

I'm putting together a flow chart. 

In line with KISS, I'll be going low tech hardware route first - no need to over-egg the pudding with more difficulties than needed. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

Great post @Gsp1ce. I shall be following with interest (I have a pi sat here doing nothing).

Can you put your code on Github? There might also be similar projects there you can get code from.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lzxvazzaau6k6i7/AACHhC9Q2SntQJocXhOI9HQda?dl=0

Everything ive learned about node red comes from other projects:) 

Link will get you this little project...ive replaced sensors with sliders to simulate temp/hum..so you can have a play and see whats goin on.large.5eb425822928a_Screenshot2020-05-07at16_06_39.pnglarge.5eb429ef97034_Screenshot2020-05-07at16_31_01.png

• Like 4

Talk more please about the time lapse photos. 

Is it lots of photo jpgs stitched together in a video or

a video that has stills? 

I haven't seen any time-lapse libraries yet. 

Ta. 

E2a

Can 2 cameras be stitched - day and night (infra red?) 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 1

The little i know about time lapse is just a jpg taken however often you set it to snap on. I would of thought once an hour would suffice for plants. Then some wizardry via the likes of photoshop and your done.

I have a single night vision camera arriving today, I believe its just a reg cam with an led either side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gsp1ce said:

ive replaced sensors with sliders to simulate temp/hum..so you can have a play and see whats goin on.

Am i understanding this right, Once i have my sensors hooked up could i use this code to actually work them by swapping the sensors back in the chart?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KayDog said:

Talk more please about the time lapse photos. 

Is it lots of photo jpgs stitched together in a video or

a video that has stills? 

I haven't seen any time-lapse libraries yet. 

Ta. 

E2a

Can 2 cameras be stitched - day and night (infra red?) 

Bunch of stills stitched into a video/gif..

There is various free programs out there to compile timelapse videos..its real easy :) and cool..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pPDH6cU0k (my old boat)

you could indeed shoot frames through the dark period with ir.

You wanna aim for about 25ish pics per second for smooth video..so one shot per hour night and day would give you 1ish seconds of video per day.

Or go for a slick 60fps for super smooth video.

Theres a smart new raspberry pi camera out there..im likin it :) https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-high-quality-camera/ not sure if it does ir..probably.

cheers dude

• Like 1

Just now, Gsp1ce said:

There is various free programs out there to compile timelapse videos..its real easy :) and cool..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pPDH6cU0k (my old boat)

You wanna aim for about 25ish pics per second for smooth video..so one shot per hour night and day would give you 1ish seconds of video per day.

Theres a smart new raspberry pi camera out there..im likin it :) https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-high-quality-camera/ not sure if it does ir..probably.

cheers dude

I found and downloaded a sweet timelapse flow for node-red.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Am i understanding this right, Once i have my sensors hooked up could i use this code to actually work them by swapping the sensors back in the chart?

yup..with a couple of easy mods :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gsp1ce said:

cheers dude

For stitching different camera images together...as long as the filenames are sequential it'll work fine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gsp1ce said:

4 hours ago, Gsp1ce said:

4 hours ago, highcontrast said:

This is almost there for you. Iv'e added but disabled the pi/sensor related modules..Just enable them and edit one of the function nodes.
can do you a wiring diagram with pi pins to use or you can set them yourself :)