Pi grow room monitor/control

Gsp1ce

Different to what we have seen here so far :yep:  no knowledge of what your doing at all :smokin:

Could you block a jet to get a baseline for an alarm ? , i set an alarm/email for when i reach a certain high/low temp, that was pretty easy to do so can't imagine it being any harder to code for a pressure sensor.

• Like 2

@highcontrast That's a good shout, I could pop off the solenoid plugs 1 at a time, and see what the pressure drop is like with 1 active vs 2. 

At the moment I'm trying to interface with a program called processing, I've got data moving over wifi but am just trying to get it databased or saved in an array or something where I can draw from it and maybe use it to graph?

Its nodered.js that you use isnt it? I havent had a proper look at that but might give it a go if Im struggling - it does mention interfacing with the arduino over serial but im sending data over wifi on an ESP8266

• Like 1

Yeah node-red, can’t rate it enough for my needs with this. You dont really see any code using it to be fair. its more a drag and drop and connect the puzzle sort of deal. I find it beautifully frustrating at times. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got Home Assistant up and running, just some basic reading and displaying of values at the moment. Well there is one automation for the lights but it wasn't exactly rocket science lol

large.HomeAssistant.jpg

• Like 5

I really like the calendar option, Im too lazy for a paper version now i got a good supply of meds. 

Was setting up the consumption easy? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Was setting up the consumption easy?

Yeah really easy I used TPlink HS110 which comes with built in power consumption

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 5/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, highcontrast said:

A successful test run last night, I have remote temp/humidity monitoring with that email notification and remote control over 3 super quiet fans from my phone. I decided to solder a pcb and found that very therapeutic :yinyang: Not sure how far i want to go with it, the lights and heat mat are running good on digital timers and thermostat while the extraction is on 247 via the wac 1 so will leave these be. The smoke detection sensor i would like to try and add but that hasn't arrived yet and I am still in too minds if i am going to install a little tank with pump for remote feeds.

large.6.PNGlarge.7.PNGlarge.8.PNG

large.5.PNGlarge.5ec0fce41eac5_nodered.PNGlarge_11.PNG

large_10.PNGlarge.9.PNG

Hello There

I know this is an old thread but I been searching on this and I found this forum. I am a programmer and do custom home automation systems so this is something up my alley. You all did a great job on the customizations...   Question on it if I may, Are you running 2 boards? Pi and Adruino? Is too the interfaces of Nano and the mention of Python so I wasn't sure why the both of the boards?  Was it just to get the data to web and user interfaces? 

@CarloM1266 i was using just a pi myself

if my memory serves me well a few other members chose to run via an Arduino.

funny enough i only took this out of service last week. It progressed into something bigger and better and provided everything i needed for 2 full cycles

• Like 1

22 hours ago, highcontrast said:

@CarloM1266 i was using just a pi myself

if my memory serves me well a few other members chose to run via an Arduino.

funny enough i only took this out of service last week. It progressed into something bigger and better and provided everything i needed for 2 full cycles

Thanks For the reply! If you don't mind me asking what did you decide to move on to? Something DYI or Something like the Hydro Pro?

On 11/02/2021 at 10:13 PM, CarloM1266 said:

Hello There

I know this is an old thread but I been searching on this and I found this forum. I am a programmer and do custom home automation systems so this is something up my alley. You all did a great job on the customizations...   Question on it if I may, Are you running 2 boards? Pi and Adruino? Is too the interfaces of Nano and the mention of Python so I wasn't sure why the both of the boards?  Was it just to get the data to web and user interfaces? 

From the research I’ve done, you use the arduino for analogue sensors, the pi has no analogue interfaces, for the ph and EC sensors I was looking at putting together anyway. I run basic wifi sensors and pull them altogether in Home Assistant, it worked out cheaper than buying pi hardware.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

From the research I’ve done, you use the arduino for analogue sensors, the pi has no analogue interfaces, for the ph and EC sensors I was looking at putting together anyway. I run basic wifi sensors and pull them altogether in Home Assistant, it worked out cheaper than buying pi hardware.

I just looked at Home Assistant. I never heard of it before. I can see already its a better way as its wireless usage and cloud based items. You won't be limited by ports or connections. The possible downside I see to this is how these wifi devices cause traffic and their abilities to maintain a good wifi in a good wifi environment... Thanks for the heads, I am definitely going to follow up on that route!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

This thread is wicked some excellent work here. I have downloaded some high contrast flows (thank you) and Installed required pallets but my pi keeps hang when I deploy and the only way to reset is to pull the power?

Also I wanted to ask how to include the live fed to the dashboard? And is that the standard rpi camera you are using?

Cheers

Gsl

• 3 months later...

Only read first page but look forward to delving into this thread as this is exactly the kind of thing I want to set up in the near future.

Great effort, looks a brilliant setup