How are you handling isolation/lockdown?

Dinafem-Mark

36 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

My neighbour has away all the courgettes i forget to pick from my garden , hollows em out , packs them with brown sugar  and somehow makes marrow rum?

all i know is oversized courgettes go in the shed , booze comes out...

I used to do the same with marrows.

its quite potent .

• Like 3

On 4/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, badbillybob said:

nor do I have a huge amount of savings, but this break has made me realise that there is a lot more to life than work, oh fuck aye, definitely.

i'm very lucky, i have had my years of partying and all that jazz that comes with and have come happily to terms with single life now, and being self-employed i have saved for bad times and with the little the gov will give me and a little black market shenanigans will see me through. so i feel i've already trained for this moment lol

i also know how lucky i am to have my 'allotment' literally on my doorstep and two lovely dogs to take out to the local walks that are 3-5 mins away depending on where i fancy, and of course this weather makes all that seem like heaven, because i wont lie, last weekend and all that cloud and cold made me quite down, but come sunday afternoon it was all back!

i agree bbb, there is far more to life than money and work, of course you need both but when you are forced to rethink things due to injuries (my shoulder i fucked and thanking me for this lock-down) you realise how little you can live on.

although i do miss the aid centre though, that was a fun place to hang out a few times a week and gave me the human contact i need now and then. and i do wonder what life is going to be like after all this, will there still be pubs/clubs and restaurants? will people be paranoid about being near other people? fuck knows, i just keep telling my self to enjoy this while i can.

• Like 8

On 22/04/2020 at 1:38 PM, stu914 said:

Finally found a spot in the corner of the lounge for my guitar to sit on it's stand...we moved house last Sept and it's been in the case ever since...

Now I have the time...just waiting for the urge....it won't be long...and with my brand new all singing all dancing amp I might just give the new

neighbours a treat...:rofl::rofl:

You could do a gig for us from your living room like all the celebs are doing:yes: A good old sing-along Sweet Caroline + Living next door to Alice etc :yes:

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, thatman said:

I used to do the same with marrows.

its quite potent .

spill the marrows then, what where how lol 

• Like 5

Just now, twigs said:

spill the marrows then, what where how lol 

Its easy, just cut 2" of the end, scoop out the middle seedy part, ram full of brown sugar, tape the cut end back on and hang in a net in the greenhouse, after a couple of weeks, place a jar underneath and collect the drips.

some people say to puncture the bottom, but I find its stronger if you let it seep through the skin.

Also heard that some people put a bit of yeast in, but I've never found the need to.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimboo said:

Living next door to Alice

Who the fuck is Ali....Oh never mind...:russian::rofl:

Getting a bit tired of this 'home entertainment', fecking so-called celebs sitting on skype in front of their bookcases...notice how nearly all have got one?

Haka nurses and Sainsbury's 'colleagues' (they're fecking "staff" btw) marching off to Amarillo bog rolls in hand, is getting tedious now...

Love the drummer weatherman with the rock hard Tintin quiff though...:yep:

• Like 4

@stu914

On 22/04/2020 at 1:38 PM, stu914 said:

I might just give the new

neighbours a treat...:rofl::rofl:

go for it! my next door but 1 neighbour is cool he is a big huge guy bald head tattoos all over his head etc....

he had his guitar and amp out yesterday strumming a few tunes,i asked him if he could play wish you were here or shine on you crazy diamond 

he laughed and blew me away with his wish you were here 

going to give him a play list next :rofl:

• Like 8

I know the reality of whats going on but I feel silly trying avoid people when I take the dog out, apart from that life has changed very little, I used to walk over for my wifes medication son does it at the moment

• Like 1

Kinda had that just now.... 

Out with the dogs and a toddler came over to pet them and I had to move back to protect the little girl. Her dad was glad but we exchanged sad looks when his daughter looked puzzled when I moved away. 

Then a squirrel ran in between her and the dogs and it was all forgotten in the mayhem! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thatman said:

Its easy, just cut 2" of the end, scoop out the middle seedy part, ram full of brown sugar, tape the cut end back on and hang in a net in the greenhouse, after a couple of weeks, place a jar underneath and collect the drips.

some people say to puncture the bottom, but I find its stronger if you let it seep through the skin.

Also heard that some people put a bit of yeast in, but I've never found the need to.

brilliant mate thank you :stoned: 

• Like 1

To be honest I'm a mixed bottle atm, I've only drank rum or cider or vodka/what ever is in the drinks cupboard since the lock down, a very good mate dropped off a 20L tub filled with purple moby dick because I helped him out a bit ago when he really needed it. So yea I'm blazed from the cookies I've made and the litre of rum I've had to wash it down.

I just hope all this blows over soon, hope everyone stays safe, has plentiful grows :smokin:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RoseyRipple said:

a very good mate dropped off a 20L tub filled with purple moby dick

20? lol

• Like 1

Rural down here so roads have been quieter which is nice other un that pretty much the same..had time to dig in some spuds un onions and salad veg is sprouting...Bunged 5 true fems from madgiz lot#5 /bangi haze regs in the bush earlier in a new spot, a few more of them to go out and i bit the bulket with some auto mazars this year...may do an outdoor diary or bung some vids on youtube. Ive read about this " virus" and dont wanna cause ruptions so will keep opinions to myself ...but i heard Basil rathbones spinning in his grave.

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

20? lol

I told him to drop some off and it be reet because friends help each other out when in need, I was expecting enough for a few smokes and he rolled up to my house and placed a white 20L tub filled with the stuff on my front door, he knocked and waited at the bottom of the drive for me to open my door only for me to say wtf is that? haha

• Like 3