How are you handling isolation/lockdown?

Dinafem-Mark

It's all good except for the quietest moments. 

I appreciate the cleaner air, seeing more wildlife, less people milling around. It's not unbearable most of the time because I can go out jogging once a day in a pretty nice setting and go and get shopping to give me something to do. 

When it was quite grey the other day and I had stocked up on everything I needed - I was stuck inside most of the day and did become very aware that I was in a modestly sized cage. 

I really feel for people who are depressed because I know just how helpful having other people around can be to alleviate it. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

less people milling around

This is not the case in my village.  The local pub has its door permanently open, people are going in and out and the benches outside are full of groups of people supping beer in the sun.  Old people are out in the streets chatting in very close proximity to their neighbours and kids from different families are intermingling as their parents stand two metres apart.  I even saw a bunch of kids (with their families) dressed up and clearly o their way to a fancy-dress party. 

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, JJJ said:

This si not the case in my village.  The local pub has its door permanently open, people are going in and out and the benches outside are full of groups of people supping beer in the sun.  Old people are out in the streets chatting in very close proximity to their neighbours and kids from different families are intermingling as their parents stand two metres apart.  I even saw a bunch of kids (with their families) dressed up and clearly o their way to a fancy-dress party.

lol How has the pub not been shut down? That all sounds quite idyllic in the absence of the virus!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nervous said:

How has the pub not been shut down?

Looks like they're allowed to deliver drinks to people's homes.  The barman turns up and leaves a pint on your doorstep. However, they're pushing the rules and there seems to be a lot of traffic with punters/staff coming and going from the pub.  Looks like a normal day TBH.

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Looks like they're allowed to deliver drinks to people's homes.

Fucking what! I better have a word with the pub landlord in the village and get him on that. 

Joking of course, as nice as it sounds it's probably not a great idea. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, KayDog said:

@SYZYGY

For all the introverts out there, try a webs pace I subscribe to :  " Introvert, dear" 

Appreciated, thank you. Will have a butchers :)

• Like 3

It does sound like a lot of us are struggling with this "lockdown" where others are clearly embracing the time and working on your health ;)

Going to be an interesting year.

Stay safe folks  :cheers:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 9

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

It does sound like a lot of us are struggling with this "lockdown" where others are clearly embracing the time and working on your health ;)

Going to be an interesting year.

Stay safe folks  :cheers:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

I think the difference is whether you have the confidence/money/wherewithal to ride out the storm. 

As Mark kindly says, (whoever you are) try and make the most of the ride! 

Stay safe all and Mark! 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, KayDog said:

I think the difference is whether you have the confidence/money/wherewithal to ride out the storm.

That's going be one of the next big issues if the economy is not reopened  :(

Money will start running out, That's when things will get a little nasty :(

Fingers crossed that don't happen  :yep:

Keep the chat going people. I'm sure other members will find our experiences comforting  ;)

Keep yourselves safe :cheers:

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 6

Finally found a spot in the corner of the lounge for my guitar to sit on it's stand...we moved house last Sept and it's been in the case ever since...

Now I have the time...just waiting for the urge....it won't be long...and with my brand new all singing all dancing amp I might just give the new

neighbours a treat...:rofl::rofl:

• Like 13

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

...just waiting for the urge....it won't be long...and with my brand new all singing all dancing amp I might just give the new

neighbours a treat...:rofl:

Go for it Stu   :guitar::punk:

Get them fingers strumming :headbang:

Take care. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 5

Strange days indeed. I think the majority are obviously feeling the pressure, whether financially,physically or mentally but staying in and keeping our distance is without a doubt the best measure to keep everyone safe.

Being on uk420 helps,bringing the community together and all that!!

Having That shoulder of anonymity helps!!

Mrs Tete,she would hate me for calling her that or even mentioning her on here,she loves smoking it and knows what strains she likes but couldn't care less on the ins and outs of growing, to be fair, I think that's the only reason why she loves me,I just grow her weed!lolI don't blame her in all honesty! 

But as a family, we are fighting this daily. I have issues, mainly ocd and it's a complete Ballache.Mrs Tete is on the frontline looking after the most serious of patients and it literally is a matter of life and death. She,luckily, has all the correct ppe,and enough for a couple of weeks but still there's a risk of her contracting it and bringing it home to me and worst of all our children. 

I'm taking this one day at a time but knowing this isn't going to end anytime soon so upping my consumption of weed and alcohol (the wife's gin):wassnnme:

I hope everyone is keeping well and I hope that everyone knows that if times are difficult, I and the uk420 community are only a message away!!!

Take care 

Tete

Edited by Tete
  • Like 8

On 21/04/2020 at 6:39 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'm not a big fan of going out but it was nice to have that option!. The wife on the other hand loves people and the outside world so she's going a little crazy  :(

Snap. My other half is on the front-line though, so she gets out. I had started to improve massively with my anxiety and depression by the time this lockdown kicked in, feeling myself again for a couple of month since I last DM'd you  @Dinafem-Mark - it actually felt a bit like I had been in training for it for 2 years! All of my interweb skills and tendency to research things obsessively may have saved my old man from contracting the virus, which is highly likely to shuffle him off the mortal coil. I was about 2 weeks ahead of the govt advice and persuaded him and my mum to go into lockdown early due to his multiple health conditions. So I was coping well, I got some new photo/video toys to play with and have been using it to delve into nature, got a new grow on the go. I didn't even mind being furloughed but then I had a bit of a relapse last week - couldn't sleep properly, getting less than 4 hours a night, with no sleep at all on Sat night and that made my mood much worse, doesn't help my other half is either premenstural or perimenapausal (the latter will be happening soon, if not now) culminating in a destroyed kitchen door at the weekend and quite a few bruises (on myself). At least I know what is going on this time though but yeah, it's pretty rough. I don't feel like I can get help as easily as I could before the lockdown so that's adding some extra strain. Car issues due to not driving it (seized brakes) and other stuff, like my daughter returning urgently and unexpectedly from abroad after likely contracting the virus. She recovered OK but we don't actually know if it was that for sure and we were pretty nervous about whether she was still shedding it or whether it was all over her luggage. It's the uncertainty that is the worse thing. And the rage I feel at the jokers in power. It's like some kind of shitty pass the parcel. The music stopped and we had clowns running the world, with upside-down priorities and they are still trotting out PR bullshit to the media by the minute. I am not going to start on PPE, testing, NHS capacity and all that. Honest. BUT FUCKING RARRRRR!!!

On the upside, my OGC is vegging beautifully. I think it's going to be amazing in flower. I may dump the other two photos and give her the whole tent to scrog in.

Just built someone nice an e-commerce website for barter and they're really grateful, that felt good. Just installed Ableton, gonna learn to make music. Will shoot more/better nature pics and vids. Do gardening, grow food, make bread. Grow weed, get wife stoned, make myself some nice ice hash and sleep better. Stay married. Take each day as it comes. That's the plan.

Big love x

• Like 7

Pissing me off to be honest. I still work as I am a essential worker apparently. Can't take holidays:banned: to plant my guerrilla plant's this year because of staff shortage and half the staff either self isolating or working from home. :furious:

• Like 4