How are you handling isolation/lockdown?

Dinafem-Mark

im actually enjoying this lockdown, its not much different to my normal day to day from before the lockdown.

My knees are totally fucked, for a better expression you see, so ive been stuck in the house for a couple of years already. you get used to it after a while. 

I worked my arse off for years (which was the cause of fuckerood knees)  missing out on events, days out, stuff that normal people take for granted/ I also missed a bit of my family growing up - to an extent, although at the time I never really realised too , and this has given me the opportunity to look at my life and make changes.

Thankfully I don't have a mortgage or rent  looming over my head, nor do I have a huge amount of savings, but this break has made me realise that there is a lot more to life than work, oh fuck aye, definitely. If and when I go back to work, whicjh I could, I could go part time doing an easy job, there is no way im doing a 5 day week, lifes too short. 

I think this time in isolation will make a lot of people realise that there is more to life than chasing a pay check and having the latest gadgets , a new car or whatever, its not important, in the grand scheme of things. 

Its a good time to reflect, smoke weed, play guitar badly, and do stuff that you've been meaning to do for years (indoors or in the garden obviously)

Im liking it, kinda

• Like 25

Ive been goin on a heathy thing. Just getting over a shoulder injury and enjoying getting a bit of strenth and fittness back. Ive been tobacco free for over  6 weeks and now nicotine free  for over a week.  Even though I'm enjoying pure, I cant say I'm not missing it. I still crave a spliff with a little baccy in.

• Like 10

It has been mixed for me

I am loving driving only once a week,means i can get stoned for breakfast.

I have refused to go into work till this is over,so i have no income but i have a sense off freedom i like.

Sadly i lost my aunt to the virus last Thursday,she had to be pronounced dead by the doctor over the phone.

My wife is talking it ok she never goes out,but she won’t shut up just waffles on and on.

I have a loved one in jail and that cause me sleepless nights but with the virus,i worry more.Then if they get realised early because of the virus they would be on tag at my house=abandon my grow but it would be well worth it.

I love going into the garden at night just to take in the peace and quiet.   

• Like 11

I'm missing going and taking the dog for a walk having a joint in the woods and fishing aswell I can't stand being indoors but I'm keeping busy with the plants and making stuff out of resin when I'm bored, I've got 2 young kids stuck in with no garden so its a nightmare but they aren't as fussed as I am my mrs never used to go anywhere anyway so it's like nothing has changed for her.

I was worried about this happening ever since I heard about wuhan and flights still coming in so already stressed myself out about it all I got really ill in feburary my whole family caught it from me but not 100% sure if it was something else I had every symptom going and lasted atleast 12 days felt like I was walking through treacle when I was recovering, my chest wasn't 100% for a good 5 weeks couldn't even smell or taste my weed either.

Been taking loads of vitamins aswell now to try and boost my immune system taking some stuff called Quercetin its natural and found in fruit & veg apparently can help stop the virus from entering the cells.

Hope everyone can find something to occupy themselves, look after yourselves phone up all your friends & relatives that might be lonely (wish some would bother to phone me). 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

Hope everyone can find something to occupy themselves, look after yourselves phone up all your friends & relatives that might be lonely (wish some would bother to phone me). 

Keep your head up,it will be over one day.

Your kids will look back at this time with found memories.Spending one to two time with their dad.

I remember the power cuts in the 70s as a young one, sat in the dark with just candles.They made my family closer.

I wish you could talk to my wife on the phone,she won’t stop talking.

• Like 10

Alright there Uk420 

I hope your all feeling well.

Well so far this lockdown has been really really shit for me and my family. 

My Mrs works in a school and brought the virus home with her, she started showing mild symptoms on the first of April ( I only wish I could say it was a joke) which for the first few day she dismissed as to much wine the night before, or the sun shining to bright causing headaches and dizziness, anyway after a few days in was very evident that she was going down hill fast, I made a decision to isolate her in the bedroom, kids in their rooms and me down stairs,keeping her fed and watered as well as the kids. 

I didn’t cope to well with the prospect of my Mrs being really ill, I went into full on panic mode, for a few days then I got ill as well, clearly not as bad as the old lady but not a desirable situation to be in, I felt rough, bloated, dizzy, perhaps delusional, also I was getting no pleasure from the weed, so I had a dab, no good either, a few days later my lungs started to tighten, felt really heavy, for a couple of days, I continued to improve to now and I am glad to say I am mostly back to normal, except the fatigue which kicks in in the afternoons or the evening, glad to say my Mrs is much better too, in fact she is going back to work  soon, which hasn’t pleases me due to her not being 100 percent and still being quite fatigued, but her boss has said the government have said fourteen days from your first symptoms have passed so come to work. She is happy to go but I am not, I have told her to wear a mask and that if she really must go, my fear is that we are still contagious and she will give it to her colleagues.

Anyway that’s out of my hands to a degree so I’ll shut up about it, my daughter coughed a few times last week and developed a blotchy rash on her upper arm and two blister like soars on the top bit of her toes(as have I), but all in she is fine, the boy has gone almost full nocturnal and is showing zero symptoms at all.

Personally with the slap dash attitudes of the people in charge I think we will all see this virus becoming part of everyday life of a long time to come yet.

Also I have been cleaning everything to within an inch of its life every other day, disinfecting door handles, switches, side boards, cupboards, walls everything.

I am looking forward to going out for a walk, listening to the wind blowing through the trees, the sound of waves lapping the shore line. Also I am looking forward to smoking my weed again, without tobacco as I have been tobacco free for some days now, I not sure how many as I have definitely lost a week or two along the way.

So to summarise it’s been shit, but hopefully we will get to enjoy some time together at home as a happy well family.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 17

Glad you're on the mend @Jibba jabba, and at least shaking off tobacco will be one good thing to come out of it for you. I am also encouraged by the fact that you seem to have had a relatively mild (though no doubt thoroughly unpleasant) attack despite having been smoking previously.

I went through a phase early on of restricting myself to space cookies and occasional dabs, but now I'm sure nobody in the house is incubating it and we aren't seeing anybody else and wearing I'm a mask to shop I have started puffing joints again. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

relatively mild

I would go with that, thankfully.

Stopping the baccy was fairly straight forward, tho I have been quite stressed over the last week or three, I have pretty much always smoked (a fair amount)with baccy, I have tried to stop it before, but I always resorted back to using it eventually, but not this time, I am done with the nasty shit, just a bit gutted that I gave my mighty to my uncle (who lives up Northamptonshire) while he was being treated for throat cancer,but glad he found it useful. I can see me ordering something similar in the not to distant future, any recommendations folks? 

Take care. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 6

I normally taxi people around all day so choose to use when all is finished, but now its like i'm fully medicated and much more my self. The thought of everyone at home as well also helps in some weird way, like were all in this together, i suffer with mental health problems and normally its just me doing it all, if you know what i mean.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

I would go with that, thankfully.

Stopping the baccy was fairly straight forward, tho I have been quite stressed over the last week or three, I have pretty much always smoked (a fair amount)with baccy, I have tried to stop it before, but I always resorted back to using it eventually, but not this time, I am done with the nasty shit, just a bit gutted that I gave my mighty to my uncle (who lives up Northamptonshire) while he was being treated for throat cancer,but glad he found it useful. I can see me ordering something similar in the not to distant future, any recommendations folks? 

Take care. Jj :yinyang:

When I quit tobacco I read a book called Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking there's videos of him on YouTube if you're struggling to stop. I ended up back on the cigs where I started mixing with my joints again but not nowhere near as much as I was smoking before gonna try give it another go.

• Like 5

@Jibba jabba Having spent the last two years trying to quit tobacco (finally managing it during lockdown), I personally recommend a Dynavap as they're relatively cheap and deliver a satisfying hit when heated right. The ritual/experience/draw is also the closest to smoking a joint.

My Mighty has been collecting dust - it never really hit the spot. 

The Flowerpot was the real end of tobacco for me. I think finally getting past the horrid stuff has helped strengthen my resolve. 

I don't really know where to start on how I'm dealing with the lockdown. Due to the energy dynamic in the house with the missus and my brother (both really struggling) things have been intensely stressful and challenging. I have a tricky combo of Aspergers and OCD which means I can only feel relaxed when alone, which isn't happening much at all. My grow room is my sanctuary, if only there was room for a comfy chair and some fresh air...

It's the first time in 5 years that I've not been working 60+ hours a week, and for better or for worse, it's given me some time to reflect on my situation, think about my life, and remember who I really am. Some things need to change :yinyang: 

I've really enjoyed having some time to put in to the guitar :guitar: and trying not take anything for granted. 

Edited by SYZYGY
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, UKsFinest said:

gonna try give it another go

You can do it brother, 

Keep yourself busy throw away your baccy.

My concern is that in previous attempts to stop the baccy I have just smoked pure weed, at the same rate as I would have smoked normally, the amount is not the issue really, just I have found that it all becomes a bit much in my head, but that I am gonna put down to obvious abuse, so when I do get a dynavape or whatever I decide I’ll take it slowly and try to appreciate it for what it is.

Cheers for the recommendation @SYZYGY I’ll have a gander.

Take care. Jj :yinyang: 

• Like 7

Not good at all... Mid way through moving houses and been isolated at my girlfriends house 2 hours south the whole time. Plants all lost, fined over 1500 euro trying to go home even with utility bills to the address. We have been on lockdown since 15th March here in Spain. Going fucking nuts now lol Not been on the forum much these last few months or so. I hope everyone is doing OK. Stay safe. 

• Like 9

Since a dodgy bike accident made me a raspberry nearly 20 years ago, I have been basically housebound for longer than I care to remember.

So the lockdown doesn't really affect me personally.

My main problem, is getting supplies for growing.

Thanks to the knowledge gained from the people using this site, I have become virtually self sufficient and will now need to order very little from the local grow shop.

I have found out how to make nutrients, additives and to control pests, next step is hybridizing and feminizing seeds.

The point is, don't waste the lockdown,  learn or try something new.

• Like 11