How are you handling isolation/lockdown?

Dinafem-Mark

Guest dill786

i am off work and ramadhan starts on friday, been exercising every day since the lockdown,  now ramadhan starts on friday, exercising in the garden is gonna be difficult, coz it will get dark after 8pmish.   

having weed really helps lol  

but my jars getting low because i’m chonging fecking loads at the mo :stoned: 

bills are coming in now and i’m split deciding wether to pay them or use the last of the money to get prep tools and food lol

Ive made a veg plot on top of an old compost pile that hasn’t been used in years for the kids and mrs twigs to plant up. going to do square meter planting because of space. 

we’re on an island and it’s been really quiet over the last 3 weeks which is a real change because it’s usually rammed full of toff twats, so that’s nice and everyone in the village loves that lol  but 30 odd beach bbq’s we’re stopped here last weekend! (police boat and helicopter)

Im cracking more seeds for out door because i don’t think this is going to be over for 6 months..

stay cool :bong:

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

You can do it brother, 

Keep yourself busy throw away your baccy.

My concern is that in previous attempts to stop the baccy I have just smoked pure weed, at the same rate as I would have smoked normally, the amount is not the issue really, just I have found that it all becomes a bit much in my head, but that I am gonna put down to obvious abuse, so when I do get a dynavape or whatever I decide I’ll take it slowly and try to appreciate it for what it is.

Cheers for the recommendation @SYZYGY I’ll have a gander.

Take care. Jj :yinyang: 

If you or anyone else reading this feels the urge to fall off the wagon and start smoking again anytime (I hope you don't!) I'd really recommend falling off onto a tasty cloud of eliquid instead. Vape some weed, than vape your fave flave of eliquid. It's actually a nice thing! I never managed to quit cold turkey but the day I started vaping with an ecig was the last time I inhaled anything combustible. I started vaping weed at the same time (Volcano and Ariser Solo, now got a Dynavap and Spirit Storm too!). This was... what 8 years ago?

Also, there's some interesting stats coming out about nicotine and coronavirus, and then there's the anti-viral/anti-bacterial properties of propylene glycol... nothing concrete yet but the emerging stats are interesting regarding under-representation of smokers requiring hospitalisation with Covid-19 complications. I (and others) are also intrigued by the lack of data regarding (eliquid) vapers ending up in hospital. I won't go on but here's a link to a pre-published study: https://www.qeios.com/read/article/561

And then there's the news about the trial of nicotine patches in France... so as vaping delivers nicotine and PG to the lungs directly.... I'd say much better to have more than 95% less harm than smoking by vaping on balance, and that's discounting any possible C-19 efficacy.

I make my own eliquid BTW - I have over a litre of 7.2% nic in the freezer!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, twigs said:

bills are coming in now and i’m split deciding wether to pay them or use the last of the money to get prep tools and food lol

Ive made a veg plot on top of an old compost pile that hasn’t been used in years for the kids and mrs twigs to plant up. going to do square meter planting because of space. 

I finally got around to emptying two compost bins and making some raised beds. Now I am waiting to see if my (non ganja) seeds are still viable after I stockpiled for an allotment I lost 10 years ago!

• Like 6

I don't think i'm coping too well with this situation even though i've been self isolating out of choice for the last half a decade.

Just before Christmas i lost my mum for whom i was full time carer for the last 6 years, was literally just dragging myself out of a really dark place , landed a sweet job in a garden centre and there's me thinking things are looking up.

Queue global pandemic!  a week or so later! :wallbash:

I honestly don't know what i'd do without my plants , as much as they drive me batshit on the regular they provide a sense of calm in this current crazy that little else seems to .

• Like 6

Hello, Bonjour

After the wettest autumn and winter for ages, came the sun and the C19,here the weather is so nice, the birds are singing A LOT! The nature in the city is beautiful this year. Foxes are back in town and the skirts are out of the wardrobe... Not so bad. Here on the Westcoast the problem is that we can't go to the beaches and that's a real pain in the ass ! 

The price of smocking gear is absolutely crazy at the moment, I heard the price is the same than in jail : 25 €/gr for the commercial Moroccan hash ... 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ouesterner said:

I heard the price is the same than in jail : 25 €/gr for the commercial Moroccan hash ... 

£50/gr in jail i was told today :wallbash: via bank transfer :russian:

• Like 4

Cos of my mental health problems (I'm sure I've said this before in another thread) very little has changed for me. I never went out other than to go shopping or for a walk anyway cos I can't really cope with being around other people, all that's changed for me is that although Asda isn't open 24 hours at the moment I don't need to go shopping at 4am cos I can just wait in the queue outside in the sun, toking on my ecig, with nobody within 2 metres of me and then when I get into the shop it isn't packed with people getting in my personal space and stressing me the fuck out. So really it's made things better for me. I wish when it's finally all over people would keep to the 2 metre rule and shops would only allow a certain number of people in at a time lol But I'm weird lol

I truly do feel sorry for kids, they can't really understand what's going on and being kept inside must make some of them feel like they are baing punished :sadwalk: (and I feel sorry for the parents that have to deal with it, and try to explain).

I'm handling it great, cos it's pretty much what my life is like anyway lol But I do understand that I'm strange and I wish all the best to folks that are finding it difficult.

• Like 9

@KayDog

Yea I have had a go at wine in the past mate and it tasted like battery acid but it done the job.

I never had the proper kit,just prison wine style in a bucket,by the way I've never been to prison. lol

I've been meaning to get back into it but trying to make some nice ale.my plan was to make some for the euros but obviously that's not happening now. 

Do you brew your own??

• Like 3

@tete

Extensively - before life took a double left turn! 

I got to know an exceptionally wonderful brew shop chap and I buy kits from him and I've done just about everything - even vodka one time. After a while I got to realise quite a few 'friends' only popped round for the (free) drinks

I told them to put their hands in their pockets and they disappeared like a fucking greyhound. 

Given the joy and cheap cost, quite frankly I'm amazed home brew isn't more popular. I recommend it to you! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KayDog said:

Have you thought about brewing your own alcohol at home? It's fun, cheap and you'll know what's in it! 

My neighbour has away all the courgettes i forget to pick from my garden , hollows em out , packs them with brown sugar  and somehow makes marrow rum?

all i know is oversized courgettes go in the shed , booze comes out...

• Like 4

@bilgepump

Yep! That's magic for you! 

Your neighbour has the best grotto in town! 

Have a go! (or buy him some brown sugar!) 

Keep well and stay safe. 

E2a

If you're growing organic, ask him to keep a wormery and you'll have amazing soil additive from the veg leftovers! 

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 3

It's doing my fucking head in :yep: 

Not being at home as that's piss easy, no, the idiocy regarding rules that are not fit for purpose because they are an impracticable nonsense that will urban areas much better than semi rural or rural ones.

It's just a constant stream of: "What we are going to do is" from voices that will then admit to not knowing what the fuck they are doing :wacko:  Yet we retain these same voices in the hope that they will find solutions lol   They won't, but they'll keep talking as if they know what to do and thus will stay on the gravy train.  This is how it's done, constant fuck ups and double speak is the order of the day when it comes to maintaining disaster capitalism.

It's a circus :yep: 

• Like 10