How are you handling isolation/lockdown?

Dinafem-Mark

Hello all :bong:

I thought I'd get a little thread going to see how your dealing with this isolation/lockdown issue  :(

Me, not so well  :(

I'm not a big fan of going out but it was nice to have that option!. The wife on the other hand loves people and the outside world so she's going a little crazy  :(

Got the next door neighbour in hospital with this "virus" don't sound to good. 10 day's on ventilator up full wack :(

This is bloody depressing and bat:censored: crazy.

I hope your all coping?

A tune fitting for these times  ;)

Everyone, stay safe :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 28

Not good. 

Lost money, customers and self employment. 

I look after an old dad who thinks this virus has something to do with me. 

• Like 9

Must admit I'm quite enjoying it, very lucky that I am able to work from home so no financial hit. doing very little while working from home so able to get on with building projects on the side.

It helps that I live in a rural area and don't hate my family. And that I've got plenty weed.

• Like 15

I can relate to @Absurdist totally. I'm really loving it. I can't believe how much I'm still not getting done. It's been a month hasn't it? I've not yet felt bored I don't think. I'm really craving a bit of Nandos or Fiveguys or something like that. I'm a bit worried about whether I will be capable of being a productive member of society when things start again.

I feel sorry for those busy busy people who are struggling to cope.

• Like 18

Craving the company of friends and family. 

Craving the company of the deer and the forest and noone else for 30 miles. (so i can dig holes, enjoy solitude, and play guitar and leave the deer the hell alone you sick minded indevidual lol) 

Craving eating out. 

But most of all need the world to go back to work so I can start earning a living again. 

Edited by Ned Flanders
Addes specifics regarding deer for the elimination of all doubt.
  • Like 13

51 minutes ago, KayDog said:

Not good. 

Lost money, customers and self employment. 

I look after an old dad who thinks this virus has something to do with me. 

A lot of good folk are going to take massive financial risks if this goes on for to long. There's no way this "shut down" is sustainable from and economic point of view. 

Yes, take care of the virus but please take a look at the long term issue's with basically locking the population up. Money can be made back but this is going to have a huge hit on mental health for a start  :(

29 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I can relate to @Absurdist totally. I'm really loving it. I can't believe how much I'm still not getting done. It's been a month hasn't it? I've not yet felt bored I don't think. I'm really craving a bit of Nandos or Fiveguys or something like that. I'm a bit worried about whether I will be capable of being a productive member of society when things start again.

I feel sorry for those busy busy people who are struggling to cope.

I'm seeing a lot of people like this boy's @Absurdist @KayDog:)

Do you think this is the way of the future?

Working from home and as little social interaction as possible? 

Thanks for input  :yep:

Stay safe out there  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 10

@Dinafem-Mark

I think things will kind of return to normal but I reckon people are going to build in an extra 'cushion' for unexpected events like this. A sense of being more selfish / protection. I also have resentment creeping in. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, KayDog said:

@Dinafem-Mark

I think things will kind of return to normal but I reckon people are going to build in an extra 'cushion' for unexpected events like this. A sense of being more selfish / protection. I also have resentment creeping in. 

I don't blame you for that. I think there are some needless restrictions right now that will be eased in due course, so folk can get back to work and out hillwalking etc. 

That's the worst of it, the hills are in amazing condition with lovely spring snow, not a cloud in the sky, and I'm smoking a j in the garage because it's the only place I can hide from my kids!

• Like 11

Me and the Mrs are doing well, my daughter however not so much. Hope it ends soon

Be safe everyone 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

That's the worst of it, the hills are in amazing condition with lovely spring snow, not a cloud in the sky, and I'm smoking a j in the garage because it's the only place I can hide from my kids!

That's one good thing with this the air is not getting polluted with as much crap as usual  :yep:

Why less traffic on the roads, Air and sea. That's got to be a good thing for the planet  :yep:

Time will tell how this plays out  :)

Mark..

• Like 7

Just now, Oldbear said:

Me and the Mrs are doing well, my daughter however not so much. Hope it ends soon

Be safe everyone 

:bong:

Obie 

I do feel sorry for the younger generation through this :(

Can't be easy stuck home with the old farts all day lol

What's happening with exams and stuff?

I know this year's are getting judged on past exams and work but what about next year's pupils? 

I think the school year could be extended from 16-18 to give kids a chance catch up  :yep:

Stay safe folks  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'm not a big fan of going out but it was nice to have that option!. The wife on the other hand loves people and the outside world so she's going a little crazy

Hi Mark, good to see you posting mate...That sums us up to a 'T'...

I'm perfectly happy building the new groom in the shed and generally potter around, but I've worked since the age of 10 and as the van's been closed over a month

starting to feel twitchy not working...it'll probably be a rusting heap by the time I get back to it, whether I'll ever open again remains to be seen...:unsure:

The mrs is in the high risk group so's pretty much housebound and climbing the walls. She's been good though and stayed in but I've taken her out

for a spin in thecar a couple of times, a change of scene is good for both our mental health.

Surprising how crisp and bright the countryside is without pollution...........every cloud and all that....

Hope you and yours stay safe and well

atb

stu :oldtoker:

• Like 11

Persoanlly I don't mind the lockdown. Plenty of bud and we managing shopping pretty well. 

It's just the fear of me or my family getting ill that bothers me. If all I got to do is stay in to not get ill then I'm all for it. Just don't want any of my lot to get this bloody horrible thing.

Scared for my kids more than anything. I'd gladly stay indoors another 6 months if it meant none of us get it.

Just want to hear they have a cure or vaccine that'll protect my family from it. Tbh until they do we staying put regardless of them relaxing the lockdown or not.

• Like 14