Exhale

Smashing this exhale, I'm really impressed at the trunk and node spacing.. Guessing alot of that is to do with the led? 

It's a joy to pop over to the dinafem section of the forum to see some healthy looking orange juice plants! Be watching closely at the stretch the next few weeks. Atb 

• Like 3

@Leafneck hi dude thanks for popping in, the node spacing is probably more to do with genetics as the light isn't running on the high side for veg, between 250 and 350 umols, I've also kept them fed well this time round so no stretchy nodes where the feed drops between pot ups.

Day 1 of Flower I've adjusted the lights to 220w.

• Like 4

Quality plants these @Exhale, cracking job and gonna be fair sized girls by the end of it all :yep:  Looks like I stopped by at the right time and finding some floor space to settle down and watch the show. 

Bloom them well bud :lucky: 

• Like 4

@botanics nice one buddy, enjoy the show, I'm hoping that the topping and rooting out the pots for 3 weeks solid will kill most of the stretch in the plants I hear tangie can be difficult we'll see how they go. :yep:

• Like 3

Top work @Exhale - in rude health and ready for the magical transformation. Our cycles keep falling in sync like hippy women at rainbow camp lol

Will be interesting to see how these reach. I had much less stretch with Tangie crosses than expected, but that was under CMH...

I think I get more stretch under the Logics, if there's a genetic tendency. 

Doesn't look like you need it, but good luck all the same :yep:

• Like 2

@SYZYGY we must hold a gathering every full moon to celebrate our productivity synchronicity :D

I'm waiting for them to go for it, I think they might be deceptively slow stretchers and they'll end up a surprising size, hopefully the topping has encouraged them not to go for it as the energy going to those tops is being spread out rather than focused into a singular dominant one.

I've also been feeding on the heavier side this time round as I'm fed up of playing catch up with the less is more approach, I think I'll go by that mantra if I switch over to nutrients readily available to the plant but BioBizz really keeps you on your toes.

Also, bigger pots suck! I'd water every other day with the 3.5L pots and I've rooted out these 5L pots well enough but they're holding water too long for my liking, with frequent irrigation I can adjust my feed requirements a lot quicker but with 2 irrigations a week I'm going to run into problems unless I carry on feeding on the heavy side.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Exhale said:

hopefully the topping has encouraged them not to go for it

From my experience this year, I wouldn't count on that lol I did have some heavy sat leaners tho. 

It's been many years since I've grown in soil and I'm seriously considering a run in the dirt again - need simplicity with so much going on. It was a challenge forgetting it all for coco and now I want to wrap my head round it again. Got 40l of coco nutes to get through first (which goes way quicker than you'd think).

Have you considered foliar feeding between irrigations? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

It's been many years since I've grown in soil and I'm seriously considering a run in the dirt again - need simplicity with so much going on. It was a challenge forgetting it all for coco and now I want to wrap my head round it again. Got 40l of coco nutes to get through first (which goes way quicker than you'd think).

I enjoy using the Tropic Mix as I can just add feed and water, the coir addition makes it much better than a lot of the higher priced "premium soils" I've only got 2L of grow and bloom once they're done I'm going with the mineral based feeds as I'd prefer to feed the plants readily and not condition the soil with slower released organic based feeds.

42 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

Have you considered foliar feeding between irrigations?

Too much effort, it's less effort to irrigate every other day in smaller pots lol

• Like 3

Hi all, Day 8 of flower the girls are finally starting to realise it's 12/12 and have stretched a bit. Not done a lot except water and remove fan leaves from the inside/middle of the plant.

large.21062020OrangeJuice.jpg

I had to give this girl a bit of extra TLC in the form of a good dose of Fish Mix, she recovered quickly and the rusty spots are under control. You can see she's much darker now compared to her sibling on the right of the shot.

large.21062020OrangeJuiceAgain.jpg

Plants are being fed (per litre) Grow@4ml Bloom@2ml

• Like 13

@Exhale they are going great, the initial veg light was very interesting and I would love one to replace my T5 with. I have read good things about Tropic mix and have some on order as a result and am hoping to try some soon.:yep:

ATB with the rest of the grow mate, I will follow along for the show :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 2

@Fragg Thanks for looking in chap, the QX75 boards from @diyleduk are a great option for low headspace or small spaces, they dim right down to 8 watts! if you have some headspace but not a large area the Scope 75 is also a good shout. :yep:

Enjoy dude.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Exhale said:

@Fragg Thanks for looking in chap, the QX75 boards from @diyleduk are a great option for low headspace or small spaces, they dim right down to 8 watts! if you have some headspace but not a large area the Scope 75 is also a good shout. :yep:

Enjoy dude.

Same panel as I'm using from @diyleduk:headbang:

It's going well in a 60x60cm veg area ;)

@Exile420 a week in bloom and looking good  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark glad to hear another happy customer, they are wicked and keeping those other 2 Orange Juice girls ticking over.... I quite like the bigger girl on the right she's already producing leaf resin.

large.20200620_113721.jpg

• Like 9