MWF outdoor test grow

ratdog

well this horrible wet morning, again! i had to pop out to the garden to get something before i walked the dog and had a glance at the plant and noticed some brown areas so thought it's a bit of bud rot so i'll chop when i return. well i chopped the whole thing to get it out of this shitty weather only to find it was riddled with bud rot, really not worth going through what wasn't affected, so sadly with a heavy heart it goes on the compost heap. :(

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

well this horrible wet morning, again! i had to pop out to the garden to get something before i walked the dog and had a glance at the plant and noticed some brown areas so thought it's a bit of bud rot so i'll chop when i return. well i chopped the whole thing to get it out of this shitty weather only to find it was riddled with bud rot, really not worth going through what wasn't affected, so sadly with a heavy heart it goes on the compost heap. :(

Shit! Sorry to hear that mate. Last year I had little reports of mold, so hearing this is truly a surprise..  Perhaps this particular phenotype was more prone genetically.. In the F1s and F2s there were plants that had less resistance.  

Regardless, there is clearly room for improvement, then new version I'm working on will have less of the squat and stocky habit, which will help by increasing airflow and sun penetration, as well as slightly looser bud structure, both if which should make the new version less likely to suffer from mold.  Obviously you'd be welcome to some of these if you were interested.  

Now tell the truth, it got chucked because was severely hampering the sprouts potential, right? lol 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

lol i told you, sprouts come first here lol

it could have been the sprouts causing a severe lack of air flow tbh, and the weather this last week or so has been fucking shocking, super high temps with massive down pours and humidity of the scale so i'm not surprised tbh mate, nit the perfect situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

lol i told you, sprouts come first here lol

it could have been the sprouts causing a severe lack of air flow tbh, and the weather this last week or so has been fucking shocking, super high temps with massive down pours and humidity of the scale so i'm not surprised tbh mate, nit the perfect situation.

Yeah conditions now doubt have played a major part here, but whilst the compact structure is good for stealth, I think that might be outweighed by the benefits of a more slender and spread out plant.  Luckily I have a different line of the MWF where I had selected parents with such a structure,  and it is an individual from this line that Ive selected and am now using as pollen donor for the current work.

here are some pics of plants from the other line I mention...

large.5d64f2e01dea9_260819.jpg 

And the donor I'm currently using from these...

large.5f37f229afcf8_MWFf3(Resiny).JPG

If theres one thing thats evolution has taught us, is that things have to be constant adapting, improving etc, no difference here.  Except for things like alligators of course, which seem to have 'completed' evolution haha

• Like 5