MWF outdoor test grow

ratdog

On 8.07.2020 at 1:40 PM, ratdog said:

thanks for the offer and sorry i lost them mate.

here's an update of the two biggest plants, i couldn't see the runt so might pull it now and dry if it's not damaged.

the smaller one has just started flowering so not much to see apart from the size

large.5f05c8bb2a4c9_MWF2.jpg

this is the main one, pretty pink buds developing, sadly the top buds are affected but the netting but it won't be much of the over all crop

large.5f05c8c3163a9_MWFandsprouts.jpg

some bud shots through the netting

large.5f05c8c20ca9e_MWF4.jpglarge.5f05c8bcbd090_MWF3.jpg

phenotype like freezeland :) for me Mighty Freeze x eirdbei also starts to build flowers with such colors, maybe I will tempt to spray it and make some seeds :) on days I have to buy silver nitrate :)

• Like 3

Lovely stuff @ratdog :yep:

Doesn't get much earlier than this for UK outdoor other than growing full autos...  That pink one will be down in august no doubt..  

Little bit of early smoke from the runts better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick too, even if It is a bit less potent than her sisters.

Hoping for some more sun in the coming weeks to help fatten up the flowers.. Are you planning to do any feeding with these? Perhaps a little sulphate of potash during flower?

cheers 

11 hours ago, murzyn said:

phenotype like freezeland :)

Indeed, last couple generations the plants I selected happened to have the pink pistles that are so prevalent in the freezeland line.  Although the combination and breeding of the MWF is somewhat complex, the actual genetic contributions should be around 50% Freezland, 25% Early wonder skunk, 25% Mighty mite.  Freezeland being 75% M33 aka Friesland , the MWF x M33 that I'm currently working with owes a majority of its genetics to the M33 from SSSC way back when. The supposed origin of which has its roots in the Hindu Kush.  Tracing back the genetics in all directions, one thing that you will notice is its an unbroken line of outdoor ancestors that had to be hardy to survive.  There is none of the dutch indoor bred genetics that are in most things these days, often bringing low resilience to outdoor stressors to the table. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Lovely stuff @ratdog :yep:

Doesn't get much earlier than this for UK outdoor other than growing full autos...  That pink one will be down in august no doubt..  

Little bit of early smoke from the runts better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick too, even if It is a bit less potent than her sisters.

Hoping for some more sun in the coming weeks to help fatten up the flowers.. Are you planning to do any feeding with these? Perhaps a little sulphate of potash during flower?

cheers 

Indeed, last couple generations the plants I selected happened to have the pink pistles that are so prevalent in the freezeland line.  Although the combination and breeding of the MWF is somewhat complex, the actual genetic contributions should be around 50% Freezland, 25% Early wonder skunk, 25% Mighty mite.  Freezeland being 75% M33 aka Friesland , the MWF x M33 that I'm currently working with owes a majority of its genetics to the M33 from SSSC way back when. The supposed origin of which has its roots in the Hindu Kush.  Tracing back the genetics in all directions, one thing that you will notice is its an unbroken line of outdoor ancestors that had to be hardy to survive.  There is none of the dutch indoor bred genetics that are in most things these days, often bringing low resilience to outdoor stressors to the table. 

I respect your knowledge and skills. There is nothing to cheat, but Freezeland, Friesland Indica M33 are probably the most resistant plants to bad weather conditions ... last year I had the largest example, when almost everything was moldy after frost and Serious 6 was suitable for gathering, everyone knows Serious 6 is Genetics Freezeland x Durban. Amarillo slim, have you had contact with New Dame Blanche genetics aka Niuewe Dame Blanche? I have heard a lot of positive feedback about this strain. I have the opportunity to buy seeds of this variety from Tanska seeds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murzyn said:

have you had contact with New Dame Blanche genetics

No, but have also heard a lot about it.  I may have to give some a try next year. 

cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

well here were are again, the pink one is piling on the weight now, not sure where we are in relation to weeks flowered but i would guess about 5?

large.5f1ad215b0c4a_MWF1.jpglarge.5f1ad2166bca6_MWF2.jpglarge.5f1ad2123badc_MWF3.jpglarge.5f1ad212d59bd_MWF4.jpglarge.5f1ad213a85cf_MWF5.jpg

MWF plant two

large.5f1ad214aff3c_MWFplant2.jpg

i gave them a good dose of bloom the other day and will do the same again shortly.

• Like 9

Beautiful pheno Freezeland, like a red clover, very colourful, soon a scythe in about 3 weeks :) swell up in your eyes :)

• Like 4

Gonna have to grow one of these pink pistil strains if only for aesthetic purposes. She's so pretty!

Nice one.

• Like 4

looking at the trichs they are near 100% cloudy and there's a lot of brown pistils, could be ready already.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 4:49 PM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Gonna have to grow one of these pink pistil strains if only for aesthetic purposes. She's so pretty!

Nice one.

Definitely pretty in pink

just chopped this bud to have a close look, trichs 98% cloudy with some amber dotted about but the coloured pistils is making it hard to see clearly the stage of flowering, i guess i go with pistils?

large.5f205f162df86_MWFbud.jpglarge.5f205f17bddd6_MWFbud2.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

just chopped this bud to have a close look, trichs 98% cloudy with some amber dotted about but the coloured pistils is making it hard to see clearly the stage of flowering, i guess i go with e2a trichs?

large.5f205f162df86_MWFbud.jpglarge.5f205f17bddd6_MWFbud2.jpg

• Like 1

well seeing as no one expressed an opinion on the ripeness i have double/tripple checked trichs and they are 100% milky every where i looked, even the lower buds that has white pistils due i guess to lack of direct sunlight and hadn't browned off still were 100% milky so i have chopped the little beast, i'm very impressed with the yield considering it's an outdoor, i didn't expect this much with a short plant, and the lack of smell is a real winner.

the other one has still a long way to go but should easily finish by end sept i would imagine

MWF no1, nice big chunky colas

large.5f217c657d518_MWFcroped.jpglarge.5f217c675426c_MWFbudcloseup.jpg

• Like 9