Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

13 hours ago, jadenugs said:

@Punta Roja  Thanks dude. Yeah they should explode now they're in the big pots.

What's your food for thought mate? Intrigued now lol. 

Mornin' J, I was just thinking about the final pot up...if I pot up at day 35 - same as you -  it will give them a week more veg - eight weeks - and if they finish in eight to nine weeks, I'll be able to do a smoke report before the end of the comp...

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 3

@Punta Roja Afternoon dude, I've been thinking about this too because I like to allow 10 weeks for any stragglers. Plus I normally have the CMH lamps hanging high up in late flower to preserve terpenes (in theory). I think this slows them due to lower temps so I'm gonna try keeping the lamps closer for the whole bloom this time, stretch/spread permitting. If I flower on 25th at 7 weeks this will give me 10 weeks until 5th May and 2 weeks to dry and test. A bit pushed I know but most of them should be down sooner, dried and cured a bit. Gonna be a mad rush trying to test 6 different strains and write reports in a short time lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Gonna be a mad rush trying to test 6 different strains and write reports in a short time lol

What a problem to have, ehh lol 

The fun part...

ps: congrats on winning all round this place (uk420) at the min dude, just seen F.S win aswell :notworthy:

• Like 4

Feb 13th Day 37 LST

I left the girls to settle in for two days before I resumed training. It takes a good hour to make the frames I use when training low and wide so this update will only feature the Killer Kush Fast Version and the Psicodelicia as I tackled them first.

Environment.

Temps: 19-23

Roots:   19-20

RH:       56-75

Those are averages over the two days and I think the RH spike is straight after watering. I'm now placing the hygrometer on the pot edges under the canopy.

Feed.

After leaving the plants unwatered when potting up I watered them in the next day with 1500ml containing 2ml/L Foundation root stim. With the KKFV being a heavier drinker than the others I should have given some water to the rootball after potting cos she showed a bit of hunger in the oldest leaves by the next day. I don't think she'll have used the nutes up in the compost so maybe it was from getting a bit dry and cutting off the supply.

Images.

Here's the KKFV before I started building her frame. Looking good and I must admit I was tempted to top them all again and grow them as bushes. Bit of a lazy thought it was but I know it would come back and haunt me if they all stretch differently.  So back to the original plan of low and wide to minimise stretch shared through multiple tops.

large.5e47472aefb7d_KK1FR.jpg

Two 600mm canes crossed diagonally around the main stem, threaded through the loops on the bulldog clips and a blob of hobby glue to stop them sliding through. It's getting them in the right position so the gaps between the cane ends are equal, that takes the time. I mark the canes halfway with a marker pen to line up with the main stem. Once that's right it's a 2 second job with the glue gun.

large.5e4747351b8ce_KK(2)ER.jpg

Then the rest of the frame is glued to the diagonals. A blob between them to hold in place, then covered with a bead right over to give strenth. All the outside bits are placed under the diagonals so the plants will be pulling them up against the diagonals wich are the most secure. If they were glued on the top they might pull off. If you saw my Cream 47 last year you'll know how much the canes bend with the strength of the plants.

large.5e47474cd17b2_KK(3)ER.jpg

The frame complete and the plant tied down. The beauty of these frames is I can direct the branches exactly where I want them by sliding the bulldog clips along.

large.5e474766d5dc5_KK4FR.jpg

More of an overhead view.

large.5e47476b9729d_KK5FR.jpg

I noticed the first pistils while I was tying her down. Sorry it wasn't the best angle to get a good close up. The pistils are camoflaged against the white on the stem.

large.5e47477744dfc_KK6Fr.jpg

The Psicodelicia pre training. Notice I've clipped the probe wires to the pot edge to stop me pulling the probes out when I move the plant :wassnnme:

large.5e474781aa609_PSI1FR.jpg

Tied down.

large.5e4747877f55e_PSI2FR.jpg

More of an overhead view.

large.5e47478beb4eb_PSI3FR.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Happy gardening and be lucky :v:

• Like 14

That's some glueing mate, bit cained on the vape and just got this bit from the Frasier fan loony looping in the back of my head as I'm going through your post. lol

• Like 2

Plants look lush green :yep:

Grabbed some clips to do some training after seeing yours, plenty of great ideas in these diaries.

Think my hands would end up stuck together trying to make that framework :)

• Like 2

Feb 14th Day 38 LST.

Sorted another two frames for the Indigo Berry Kush and the Do-Sweet-Dos.

Environment.

Temps: 19-25

Roots:   20-21

RH:       42-74

Images.

Same as last update. A pic of the plants before tying down and a couple afterwards from two angles.

large.5e487de201530_IBK1FR.jpg

large.5e487de7bc9ca_IBK2FR.jpg

large.5e487dec72706_IBK3FR.jpg

The Do-Sweet-Dos still looking half asleep from lights out.

large.5e487df1a0345_DSD1FR.jpglarge.5e487df61ec5d_DSD2FR.jpglarge.5e487dfa6ba9e_DSD3FR.jpg

:cheers:

• Like 11

Feb 15th Day 39 LST

Got the last two frames made for the Red Mandarine Fast Version and San fernando Lemon Kush.

Environment.

Temps: 21-26

Roots:   21-23

RH:      45-72

I moved 2 of the water trays out to make room to spread the plants out, and left one of the narrow trays in along the side in front of the intake. I got one of the empty nute bottles and wrapped the capillary matting around it to put in the tray lengthways. Seems to be working just as good as the other set up in the wider tray. With the matting being double wrapped it's wicking up plenty of water into the path of the intake.

Feed.

They were all given 1700ml containing 2ml/L Foundation root stim.

Images.

large.5e48a5fd29c43_RM1FR.jpg

large.5e48a601b2811_RM2FR.jpg

large.5e48a60608166_RM3FR.jpg

The broken branch on the SFLK managed to heal itself. You can just about see it in the last pic lol Hopefully it will catch up a bit now.

large.5e48a60a41eca_SF1FR.jpg

large.5e48a60e7d16d_SF2FR.jpg

large.5e48a612cff46_SF3FR.jpg

Glad that job is out of the way. Just a case of adjusting and adding ties for the next 10 days until the switch.

Thanks for looking :v:

• Like 14

@ANTHONY13 Cheers mate :smokin:

Here's how the canopy is looking on day 40. I don't have that much space to keep training them outwards but I'll take them to the edges of the frames while the middle shoots grow and then release the tops to grow upwards at the same height as the middle shoots. I'm thinking it would have been easier if I'd got them in the finals before they got as tall because they've ended up being too wide when I bent them over and too soon before the finals are rooted out. The heater tripping and the sudden stretch didn't help. That's if it was the drop in temps making them stretch, it might have just been because they'd found their feet and got a spurt on. At this rate they might be too overgrown before the pots have rooted out. I've got 9 days anyway to try and get them how I want them before flipping. Then just let them grow upwards and hope there isn't too much stretch. If there is they'll have some individual nets for support but there won't be much lateral space for super cropping any wild stretchers. Always a mission with 6 strains but training them like this should hopefully calm the stretch, we'll see lol

Clockwise from back left to front left are KKFV-IBK-DSD-SFLK-RMFV-PSI.

large.5e49c332967bc_Group1FR.jpg

:cheers::bong:

• Like 15

@jadenugs your plants look perfectly healthy and happy. It might be a tough job keeping all of them in line but with your disciplined training I am sure there won't be any misbehaving girls. Keep it up, this is fantastic :yep:

• Like 4