Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

@HippyHair thanks for looking in mate. I've not tried straight GP yet but ran the CBD version in this comp last year and I liked it. If I had taken the opportunity for free seeds this comp I would have gone for the straight GP and Gorilla Girl. You entering the comp?

• Like 2

It's brilliant to see you entering a diary here again @jadenugs. That's a fantastic selection you have, a great variety of flavours and types, especially if you are a Kush fan like me :smokin:. Your lovely pictures show your plants are wonderful and healthy thanks to your expert care. Good luck with them, and thanks for sharing :yep:

• Like 5

Thanks very much mate @delagdo it's good to be back here growing these Sweet Seeds. Been looking forward to it all year :)

Should be a lot of fun again. All the best :yep:

• Like 3

Jan 11th Day 4

Hello farmers.
Things are going smooth in the veg cab and the girls are growing nicely while they're getting their roots down. Humidity could be higher but I'm not too worried about that at the moment. More interested in keeping the roots warm, especially at this young age. I call the first couple of weeks the crucial stage while they're finding their feet, and these young ladies are doing that nicely me thinks :)

Environment.
My format for this diary will be the lows to the highs over a 24 hour period and I will average them over however many days since the previous update. Trying to simplify things a bit from my usual format of everyday stats and not give anyone reading a headache lol I'm not too sure about the accuracy of my hygrometer, I have a couple and they both read different. I'm gonna buy two new ones of the same make and try them side by side to see if they're accurate.

Cab temps: 23-27C
Root temps:23-25C
RH:        26-45%

The lamp is on full power at the top of the cab which is 33" from the plant tops. They're keeping pretty squat for now so I'll leave it as is while the temps are good. The prop base is turned down to zero and extraction is on full.

Feed.
No water, feed or tonics since their watering in on day 1.

Images.
First up is the Killer Kush, drooping a bit more than the others because she was first out of the cab and I was messing about with camera settings for a while. She was perked up like the others beforehand.

Killer Kush FV.

large.5e1b2a16da053_KK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a186b208_KK(2)ER.jpg

Indigo Berry Kush.

It's nice to see the red in the stems disappearing as they put down roots and pick up the nutes in the compost.

large.5e1b2a2382caa_IBK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a2578ffe_IBK(2)ER.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos.

large.5e1b2a32546a2_DSD(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a33c5c8c_DSD(2)ER.jpg

Psicodelicia.
A little bit behind the others as she was the last one to fully emerge from her root cube.

large.5e1b2a42517d2_PSI(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a440babf_PSI(2)ER.jpg

Red Mandarine FV.

The only one of the 6 that doesn't seem to be losing the red stem. Do we have a red pheno? :D

large.5e1b2a530cdcc_RM(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a5465fac_RM(2)ER.jpg

San Fernando Lemon Kush.

large.5e1b2a55cbd94_SF(1)ER.jpglarge.5e1b2a5739128_SF(2)ER.jpg

That's all for now.
Thanks for looking and happy growing :yinyang:

• Like 17

Great start and very nice pictures :smokin:

Welcome to the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition, I'm sure we will enjoy your diary.

Best of luck and sweet smokes!
jaypp

• Like 5

top start @jadenugs  you do realise though ..this years major award the wooden spoon is now out of your reach dont you ..

all the best ..

• Like 4

@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp Cheers mate. I hope you do enjoy the diary. I'll enjoy making it, warts an all :yep:

@vince noir rock n roll star Cheers mate. I just can't compete dude, I do fancy one of those grinders McHazy was talking about though lol Serious though, I've always wanted one of those multi piece ones that catch the crystals. Just never got around to buying one yet.

@InTheSystem Thanks mate, I'm not very consistant though and have to do a bit of editing most of the time. Even if it doesn't need editing I can't help tinkering lol Pics I'm posting later are a bit darker than the last lot but nice contrast in them :yep:

Appreciate the good words lads, thanks :) 

• Like 6

Jan 15th Day 8

Not a lot to report apart from I've put a new prop base in the cab. I was adding water to the old one to try and raise humidity and I noticed the plastic was getting brittle, there was a slight crack on the front wall so I've swapped it to be safe. I've taken it apart and retrieved the heated wires and thermostat in case they come in handy sometime for a DIY project.

Plants are doing fine.  Could maybe be a bit quicker like, probably just my impatience lol I've been watering sparingley as I didn't want to over water and slow them in the early stages. Watering will be more frequent now they're finding their feet and I'll start drenching them proper when I see roots. I usually find they start getting a move on about day 10 when the stalks start thickening. 

Environment.
As usual the RH could be higher in my attic set up but all is acceptable, just not ideal. I slowed my extraction a bit to try raise RH but to no avail. At least it's a bit warmer for them though. I've been dialling the oil rad too. Here's the averages since the last update.

Cab temps: 23-28C
Root temps:23-25C
RH:        27-40%

The lamp is still on full power and about 32" from the tops as they've grown a bit taller. Still nice and squat though. The prop base isn't really needed to keep the roots warm at the moment but I've got water in it and the pots raised on a rack so it's turned on full to try and evaporate the water. 

Feed.
They had 100ml each of dechlorinated tap water (cab temperature) on day 6, containing 2ml/L Plant Magic root stim. I'm being careful what I give them as this H&G bat special is a bit warm, the leaves are dark but no burnt tips (yet) lol I'll not bother with any Bio silicon just yet.

Images.
Group shot in the cab first under the lamp, before taking them out for individual pics.

large.5e2100b045c5f_underlightsER.jpg

The new prop containing some water and the rack to raise the plants.

large.5e2100b1a49ae_waterER.jpg

Killer Kush FV.

large.5e2100bfb6be6_KK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e2100c133321_KK(2)ER.jpg

Indigo Berry Kush.

large.5e2100cff3816_IBK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e2100d1221d6_IBK(2)ER.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos.

large.5e2100e01f9d1_DSD(1)ER.jpglarge.5e2100e1e36d9_DSD(2)ER.jpg

Psicodelicia.
Finding her feet a bit more now. Come on baby, catch up.

large.5e210121abe54_PSI(1)ER.jpglarge.5e2101232b27b_PSI(2)ER.jpg

Red Mandarine FV.

large.5e210124a9a2d_RM(1)ER.jpglarge.5e210125ee23b_RM(2)ER.jpg

San Fernando Lemon Kush.

large.5e21012770396_SF(1)ER.jpglarge.5e210128b00fb_SF(2)ER.jpg

That's all for now folks.
Thanks for looking, happy farming and be lucky :yep:

• Like 14

Super update as always my friend. That Red Manderine FV is no exaggeration - the stem looks well red! That or she is a mag whore in the making! (joke - seen a lot of the newer genetics purple/red stem very early on lol). Keep it up mate, always interesting reading your updates.... Bit of duck tape on that prop base and job is a good un no? lol 

• Like 3

@InTheSystem Thanks mate, yeah she's looking like a good contender for red flowers I hope. They all had reddish brown stems when they first popped up but as they found the nutes in the compost they've all turned green barring this one so fingers crossed :lucky: 

19 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

Bit of duck tape on that prop base and job is a good un no?

lol I was gonna silicon seal it but it was like 20 years old and the plastic has been baked brittle so I thought time to renew with something more efficient ;)

It's either the hammer or the duct tape and the hammer won this time lol Well, I stamped on it and it shattered into loads of pieces so probably a good idea to renew when I did :smokin:

• Like 4

Hi Jadenugs, Fantastic start to your diary with healthy seedlings,  great photos and info. Tagged along for your journey.

atb shire

• Like 3