Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

6 for the 6th

"6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition"

large.5e13b3caabc3c_DSC_8471ER.jpg

Hello and welcome back to my Sweecret laboratory :)
Thankyou @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp @Sweet Seeds Apolo @Sweet Seeds-tommy for the opportunity and allowing me to participate. I didn't need to take advantage of more free seeds as I already had 6 strains burning a hole in my freezer but thanks anyway for the offer. I've been particularly looking forward to trying Do Sweet Dos and Psicodelicia and was going to grow two more strains alongside them for a four plant grow trained short and wide like last time. Then I thought why not grow 6 for the 6th! So this is what I intend to do if all goes well.

Below are the 6 strains as they should look with a description and also the seeds I chose which were all the first out of the vial, barring the Indigo Berry Kush where the first seed looked a little bit weird. So I chose the second.  

Killer Kush F1 Fast Version.
large.KILLERKUSH_F1FV_SWS52.jpg

Feminized and photoperiod-dependent version of one of the most famous strains from the West Coast of USA, developed around the year of 1994 in Sunset Beach, South California, the Ocean Grow Kush, better known as OG Kush.

With an ultra-fast flowering, our Killer Kush F1 Fast Version® (SWS52) is the resulting hybrid from the cross between a selected 3rd generation autoflowering genetic line leaning to the Indica side and an elite clone of OG Kush.

The result is an extremely potent plant with a very fast flowering. This strain produces large and aromatic buds, all covered by a thick layer of resin. The aroma is sweet, citric and acid with exotic tones reminiscent of aromas from the Chem Dawg – Diesel family.

Variety SWS52
Indica/Sativa: 80%/20%
THC: 18-25% · CBD: 0,9%
Indoor Yield: 400-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-600 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 7 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: early September

Awards

3rd Award – Better Indica – VI Copa Cannábica Expogrow – Irún – 2017
2nd Award – Outdoor – III Biomenorcannabis – Menorca – 2017

My chosen seed.
large.5e13b4036cad5_KKCER.jpg

Indigo Berry Kush.
large.INDIGO_BERRY_KUSH(R)_SWS63.jpg

This strain was developed within a program of the Sweet Seeds® R+D Department that was focused on the search for exquisite and marvellous earthy aromas. This strain is the resulting hybrid from the cross between an elite clone of So G Kush (OG Kush x LA Confidential x Trainwreck) and our elite clone of Blue Monster (Blueberry‘99 x Black Domina‘98). The Blue Monster clone that takes part in this cross brings the earthy soul aroma to our appreciated and classic Cream Caramel® (SWS04).

The aroma of this strain is exquisite, very sweet and with a pleasant strong earthy presence. This scent comes mixed with a background of aromas typical of the OG Kush family, featuring exotic and pepper spicy tones with a fresh touch of cypress.

The plants grow with mostly Indica structure, producing a big main bud, very resinous and compact, complemented with multiple side branches completely covered by smaller flowers of the highest quality. This strain is a great producer of resin crystals.

Variety SWS63
Indica/ Sativa: 60%/40%
THC: 15-21% · CBD: 0,1%
Outdoor Yield: 450-700 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September, early October

This seed was massive.
large.5e13b4233f0be_IBCER.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos.
large.DO_SWEET_DOS_SWS80.jpg

This strain was developed from selected female elite clones of Do-Si-Dos.

Do-Si-Dos [OGKB (Girl Scout Cookies x Unknown Strain) x Face-Off OG BX1] is one of the most relaxing and delicious hybrids from the Cookies family. The Face-Off OG genetic that intervenes in the original cross contributes with mainly indica tendency to the resulting hybrid. The global qualities of the plant, such as aroma, taste, resin production and size of calyxes are reminiscent of its ancestor Girl Scout Cookies.

The aroma of Do-Sweet-Dos® (SWS80) is sweet with earthy hints, along with spicy, citrus and floral tones. The effect is gentle, relaxing and powerful at the same time. This strain is highly appreciated in medical cannabis dispensaries in California and it is used to reduce pain, migraines, anxiety, insomnia, etc.

Variety SWS80
Indica/ Sativa: 65%/35%
THC: 17-24% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-550 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-500 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 9-10 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: early-mid October

My chosen seed.

large.5e13b47107fa0_DSCER.jpg

Psicodelicia.
large.PSICODELICIA(R)_SWS07.jpg

This strain is a cross between a clone from the United States and a plant from Nepal with spicy aromas reminiscent of coffee roasters. A mostly sativa plant with high production and very short flowering period, with big dense buds totally covered with sticky resin.

In this strain we find fresh and citrus aromas with tones of lemon and spiced coffee coming from its Asian ancestors. Very stimulating effect typical of a mostly sativa hybrid: energetic, clean, creative and exciting. An ideal strain for artistic and imaginative tasks.
Good choice for the cannabis grower who wants to fill his indoor with mostly sativa genetics with short flowering and high yielding plants.

Variety SWS07
Indica/Sativa: 30%/70%
THC: 15-20% · CBD: 0,9%
Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September to early October

Awards

3º Award – Indoor – I Copa Litoral de los Poetas – Chile – 2016

My seed.

large.5e13b48e501bc_PSCER.jpg

Red Mandarine F1 Fast Version.
large.RED_MANDARINE_F1_FAST_VERSION_SWS79.jpg

Our first red-flowered photoperiod-dependent strain. This is the resulting hybrid from the cross between our Red Poison Auto® (SWS39) and a photoperiod-dependent elite clone of Tangie (California Orange x Skunk hybrid) from a rare and unusual purple-flowered phenotype, with a sensational intense mandarine taste and aroma.

This strain develops resinous and productive buds with beautiful red flowers that are ready to harvest in just 7-8 weeks.

The aroma of Red Mandarine F1 Fast Version® (SWS79) is probably the most exquisite among all the red-flowered strains in the market, featuring a powerful sweet and mandarine citrus aroma with fresh hints of blue cypress. An ideal plant for top quality highly aromatic extractions with a gorgeous appearance for the reddish and rosy tones of its resin.

Variety SWS79
Indica: 55% / Sativa: 45%
THC: 17-20% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 400-500 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-550 g/plant
Indoor Blooming: 7-8 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: mid to late September

Seed chosen, looking red already.

large.5e13b4b653c50_RMCER.jpg

San Fernando Lemon Kush.
large.SAN_FERNANDO_LEMON_KUSH(R)_SWS62.jpg

Excellent hybridization between two of our best elite clones coming from the USA. In the cross takes part a selected clone of San Fernando Valley OG Kush, characterized by a pleasant and complex scent, with strong presence of the lemony aroma coming from the Lemon Thai that takes part in the original OG Kush cross. The other elite clone that is involved in the cross is a Kosher Kush, another OG Kush genetic very appreciated in Los Angeles and nearby areas (California).

Very pleasant and intense aroma with original lemony tones of OG Kush and hints of solvent, notes of spices, wood and blue cypress. The plants look like indica-sativa hybrids leaning to the sativa side. These American varieties with strong presence of the limonene terpene are highly appreciated in the USA for cannabic extractions.

Variety SWS62
Indica/ Sativa: 35%/65%
THC: 14-21% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 450-600 g/m2
Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: late September to early October

Awards

1º Award – Best Sativa – VI Copa Cannábica Expogrow – Irún – 2017
3º Award – BHO Profesional – VIII Copa THC – Valencia – Supreme Strains – Valencia – 2018
3º Award – Indoor – Festival 1422 – Argentina – 2018
Champion – VI Copa Cata del Oeste – Buenos aires – Argentina – 2019

My chosen seed.

large.5e13b4d3ece81_SFCER.jpg

Equipment, medium and nutrients.

Root riot cubes for germination.
1 Litre square plastic pots.
7 Litre round fabric final pots.
House and Garden Bat Special compost.
TNC MycorrMax.
Plant Magic Root juice.
Shropshire seaweed.
Bio silicon
Bio Bizz Fishmix
Bloom feed to be confirmed.

Propagation and early veg.

DIY veg cab measuring 60 x 55 x 115
Speed controlled 4" RVK extraction with passive intake ducting from a DIY radiator box.
6" desk fan for circulation
Large heated propagator base with no lid.
Gravel tray with propagation lid.
Dimmable 135w HLG Quantum board V2

Late veg and flower.

120 x 120 x 180 tent in an uninsulated attic room. I've insulated one side in the eaves but the roof and other side are just plaster so I have a duvet and some large bubble bubble wrap draped over the tent roof to keep heat in.
TD Silent 6" 2 speed extraction with 6" Rhino pro filter.
Intake from 2 x 4" RVKs into 6" ducting through a y piece and reducers. One from the rad box and one from the veg cab. Both are speed controlled to adjust temps and humidity and also keep negative pressure in the tent. It's not brilliant but the best I can do for an attic room environment without investing in fancy controllers.
Electric blanket for keeping the roots warm, plugged into an Inkbird thermostat with probe.
Circulating fan is a 3 speed air purifying fan with carbon filter removed and negative ion generator switched off, so basically a 3 speed fan. It's a cylindrical type so puts out a wider flow of air than the small clip ons. Does the job.
There'll be one 315w CMH with a 942 daylight bulb for late veg and then another 315w CMH with a 930 agro bulb added for flowering. They are Maxibright ballasts with daylight reflectors.

The story so far.
I gave the prop base a wash with mild bleach solution, and also 6 x 1L pots for when they're needed.

Warmed some root riot cubes (already wet from the bag) in the small tray with lid on for an hour. Temp in there was sitting at 26C so good to go. I placed the seeds in point down, after giving them a light squeeze to check they weren't cracked or anything.

large.5e13b52758c96_DSC_8488ER.jpg

I pushed the seeds down 10mm and stuffed some small corners from the cubes down in contact with the top of the seeds so the seeds would have all round contact with moist medium. I gave them 2ml each of seaweed solution at 1ml/L to hopefully aid germination. The prop lid was put on at 11.55pm Jan 4th. Taped over vents to help keep the cubes wet.

large.5e13b528ac043_DSC_8489ER.jpg

The temp in the prop rose to 27.5 so I turned the prop base right down but the lamp and rad box have kept it steady at around 27C. The lamp is dialled up to full power as I have an auto finishing off in there. Lamp height is 31" above the root riot cubes. RH in the prop is around 80% so the cubes are staying moist.

That's all for now, I'll update when I have pictures of life to show.

Good luck with your grows and the comp :yep:

• Like 30

Hey mate ;)

Welcome to our 6th Grow Diary Competition :yep:

As usual, a nice start and a lot of expectation regarding your outstanding work. All the best with it and...

...sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 8

Brilliantly laid out an detail’d diary start dude, an nice looking strain choices...

I’ll watch along with interest 

Good luck...

• Like 7

Some nice variety in your strain selection.   I hope you get a purple pheno of the Red Manderine.  Good luck! :v:

• Like 5

Yes yes mate. Cool to see you in the competition this year! One to follow for sure people. Nice selections on cultivars also.... I actually went for the San Fernando Lemon Kush myself ;) I smoked a bit of Psicodelicia last week actually from a local association (coffee shop of Spain basically) - was very sweet and tasty for sure!

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 4

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :) Looking forward to this one and following all your diaries :yep:

@InTheSystem How did you find the Psicodelicia, was she smooth on the head or racy? I know @AustrianTokker likes the smoke, it was he who inspired me to try it. Looks like the RM seed came from a red pheno so fingers crossed :lucky:

All the best everyone :yep:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

@InTheSystem How did you find the Psicodelicia, was she smooth on the head or racy? I know @AustrianTokker likes the smoke, it was he who inspired me to try it. Looks like the RM seed came from a red pheno so fingers crossed :lucky:

Not racy at all! Smells a bit of coffee for sure but smoked sweet and smooth :) 

• Like 6

Awesome, another jadenugs sweetseeds diary :) great start with loads of detail as per mate. Best of luck! 

All being well I will be joining in the fun in a few weeks :yinyang:

• Like 4

Jan 7th

Hi growers :)

We're good to go, the horses are on the track :yep:

The temps were steady in the prop tray, 26-27C and five of the six were showing a tap root at the bottom of the root cubes within 48 hours. They'd all germinated and were emerging from the cubes after 71 hours so I got on with potting them into their starter pots before the tap roots start drying up. As soon as I saw life at the top I took the tape off and opened the vent. Then hardened them off to the cab environment some more by propping up the tray lid to allow the air underneath while maintaining some humidity. Over the hour or two it took to do this I filled the pots with House and Garden Bat special and warmed them up in the cab. Take no notice of the temps here, they soon dropped when I opened the cab and removed the lid.

large.5e167c24511aa_DSC_8499ER.jpg

When the pots had warmed I tipped them back into a tub, added a heaped tablespoon of MyccorMax and mixed it in.

large.5e167c258bd14_DSC_8502ER.jpg

Here's the first pot with a half teaspoon of Mycco added, before potting up the first seedling.

large.5e167c26cc48c_DSC_8503ER.jpg

All potted up with a sprinkling of plain tap water to rehydrate the cubes and dampen the top of the compost a bit, only about 50ml each. My idea is to keep the cubes moist to make sure they stay alive but not have too much water n the compost, to allow the tap root to go searching for a day for what moisture is already present. I do similar on every pot up just in case there's any damage to the roots, as I believe that's when pathogens, if present, will take hold if the medium is too wet. I might be wrong but I'm stuck in my ways.

large.5e167c3536c0d_DSC_8520ER.jpg

Environment.

When I closed the cab the temps were 22C, pot temps 20C, RH 53%

Lamp on full power 135w at 34" above the seedlings.

Extraction on full.

Circ fan on lowest setting blowing towards the cab side.

After I took the pic I put a couple of open topped pop bottle cloches over the IBK and PSI  for a day until they had properly emerged.

Jan 8th

They had all emerged properly and were stood up so I'll call this day 1.

Killer Kush FV

large.5e167c47bef61_KKER.jpg

Indigo Berry Kush

large.5e167c4bb1866_IBKER.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos

large.5e167c502ce4c_DSDER.jpg

Psicodelicia

large.5e167c600bc9a_PSIER.jpg

Red Mandarine FV

large.5e167c6171065_RMER.jpg

San Fernando Lemon Kush

large.5e167c62c1dfc_SFER.jpg

After I took the pics they were all watered in with 100ml of plain tap water each.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking and happy growing :yep:

• Like 14