Nugs's 6 for the 6th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition

jadenugs

Aah psicodelicia still one of my favourite sweet seeds smokes stinks of pine disinfectant when chopped iirc but very nice tasty smoke with a smooth up giggly high 

Aw the best wi em mate :yep:

• Like 3

@shire Thanks mate and welcome aboard :yep:

@McHazy Cheers mate, looking forward to the Psico mainly out of this lot. Just getting back into sat doms after a few years off them. Your description sounds good, will be nice for the summer :) Out of the others I think the Do-Sweet-Dos comes next in line just cos of the description.

@ratdog Thanks mate, should be fun but a tough one too, looking at all the contenders here.

23 hours ago, ratdog said:

do you have brain damage?

Of course dude, in abundance lol Hopefully I'll win a few points along the way and get some more free seeds in. Love it how Sweet Seeds work it so everyone's a winner. Would be madness not to enter :)

Thanks again lads and good luck to you all :yep:

• Like 7

Jan 20th Day 13

Alright growers, hope all's well :yep:
My girls are starting to get a grip now and getting vigorous. Psico Sally is still smaller than the rest and drinking slower but she's getting there.

When I changed the prop base out the cab door had been open for ages and the root temps dropped to about 15 so I've got a couple of yellow tips on the first leaves with a couple of brown spots, nothing much. Apart from that they're nice n healthy and loving life.

Environment.
I added some capillary matting to the prop base to break the surface tension of the water to try and keep the humidity up. Still low but it's keeping it around 30% on average and raises to 40 odd when I add water. I thought my hygrometer on my last grow was reading too high and when put at the side of the one I'm using now it read 12 or 13% higher. Maybe it's this one that's out and reading too low because the plants have grown at a nice pace over the past few days. I'm gonna try and get to the hydro shop this week and buy a couple of new hygrometers to test side by side. I need some compost anyways. Been dialling the oil rad and extraction to keep temps up, the rad thermostat is turned up full now and the extraction is slowed about 1/6th. The lamp is still on full power 135w and as high up as it will go.  In was tempted to change things more in favour of humidity but temps are more important me thinks.

(Averages)
Cab temps: 23-28C
Roots:     24-25C
RH:        27-41%

Feed.
Day 9: 150ml each containing 2ml/L root stim.
Day 12: 200ml each of plain tap water.

Images.
Turned the lamp off for the group photo. The Killer Kush top left is really vigorous for her age. I've not even seen roots yet at the bottom of the pots but I'll up the water now and make sure all the medium is well drenched on the next feed. They'll probably need a feed tomorrow after 2 days, except the Psicodelicia. They'll be getting topped nice and early, as soon as I have enough main stem above the 3rd node on the Psi to allow topping at the 3rd, providing they're all still growing at a decent pace. When topping I like to do it early while the nodes are close so they get a more equal flow of nutrients to each branch. In theory anyway.
Clockwise from top left are KK-IBK-DSD-SFLK-RM-Psi.

large.5e2659326acfb_DSC_8821ER.jpg

Killer Kush FV.

large.5e26593a2b311_KK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e26593d765fa_KK(2)ER.jpg

Indigo Berry Kush.

large.5e265941d7d03_IBK(1)ER.jpglarge.5e2659447afe3_IBK(2)ER.jpg

Do-Sweet-Dos.

large.5e265947d8baf_DSD(1)ER.jpglarge.5e26594b4ee9c_DSD(2)ER.jpg

Psicodelicia.

large.5e26595897d30_PSI(1)ER.jpglarge.5e26595ad341f_PSI(2)ER.jpg

Red Mandarine.

large.5e26595c3b73e_RM(1)ER.jpglarge.5e26595d89491_RM(2)ER.jpg

San Fernando Lemon Kush.

large.5e26595ed9c0a_SF(1)ER.jpglarge.5e26596036377_SF(2)ER.jpg

That's yer lot, cheers for looking in.
Happy farming and be lucky :v:

• Like 19

Oh yeah! It seems that this year, the competition has gone up another level in quality. :v:

Very good photos buddy, and the plants are growing perfectly!

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 5

@Sweet Seeds Apolo Thanks mate, I'm very pleased with these Sweet seeds varieties so far. Great germination rates and vigorous plants :yep:

@Exhale Cheers dude, I hope I can keep them that way :smokin:

@InTheSystem Cheers mate, I'm finding things a lot easier since I had my water checked. I'd looked at my local water report last year because I was having problems and it said my Ca/Mg ratio was about 4:1. I thought this was too high a ratio of Ca and was adding Epsom salts to try and balance things. Made things worse really lol Had a water check done by Grower's Ark and they said I had moderate Ca and high Mg so opposite to what I was working on. The Ca content is still higher than the Mg  but at a lower ratio than it should be at around 1.5:1 which is lower than the 2:1-4:1 recommended for the needs of Cannabis. I never added any Calmag or ES all the way through my last grow and things were fine :)

• Like 7

@jadenugslooking sweet as, them plants are super healthy looking. Im sure this diary will certainly pull a lot of attention as the detailed info is fantastic and super images to show of your skills and the genetics.

Toke...

• Like 5

@jadenugs - getting all technical on me now bud... What are these mag and cal things you speak of? lollol 

In all seriousness, source of water can be detrimental to a grow if there is no buffer in the soil, your medium is bat guano and compost if I remember correctly dude? I am sure having that knowledge of your water is proving to be most useful, as we know less is more so that addition of calmag or salts may not have been necessary as you are suggesting - great job reading the plants and getting that looked into Sir.

• Like 4

@tokenroll Cheers Toke, kind comments mate and much appreciated :yep:

@InTheSystem Thankyou kindly good sir :yep:

Yeah I'm enjoying using the guano compost, was tempted to get a tub of Plagron bat guano for top dressing instead of using liquid feeds but thought I'd have a stab at Intense nutrients instead. I was using Clover MP before when I was struggling but to be fair I've not used it since I ditched the Calmag and Epsoms. It will more than likely still perform well without me adding Calmag but the last bag I've got is over 2 years old and in the old style bags so it will be used on the allottment ;) Gonna stick to what's working at the mo and hope it keeps working with not too much interference from me :wassnnme:

• Like 6

@delagdo Thanks mate.

Yeah the water analysis was well worth it for me, with the local report being so far out. I don't think local water suppliers update the report that often either.

• Like 2

Your plants are looking absolutely spot on @jadenugs - full of health and vigour. Nice variety of strains too, several of which I have yet to sample. Wishing you good luck for the rest of the grow :) 

• Like 3