Sweet Seeds 6th Grow Diary Competition Indigo Berry Kush, Do Sweet Dos, Gorilla Girl, Tokes Diary

tokenroll

The Rockwool Experiment. Below plant is not one of the strains supplied for this diary, but if it's ok with the Sweet Seeds team i will include it every now and then. Lets get on with this.

Well here we go my first attempt at growing a plant in Rockwool from seed to harvest. If this works out the whole cabinet will be switched over to rockwool for most of the future grows. The plant shown below is 3 weeks from popping the seed into the little grow cube and a week later pit into it's final 6 inch Rockwool Cube. At the minute it is being feed GHE Gro dry nutrients at EC 0.8 and PH 5.6 every other day with the run off being monitored to stay with in a point from feeding EC. So if the run off is EC0.9 thats cool if the run off is higher or lower the feed will be adjusted when needed.
The reason i want to switch over to the rockwool is for a couple of reasons. Height of the cube is ideal for the cabinet having two levels, bugs from coco etc is pissing me off and pure simplicity and being lazy once on auto feeding drain to waste. So far so good so lets see if we can make it to harvest.

Oh and it is a Sweet Seeds - Black Jack - Photoperiod.

That's the update on this one for now more, will follow with everything else im up to with the other plants over the weekend if all goes to plan.

Toke...

large.5e458c13df545_SweetSeeds-BlackJack-Femenized-TheRockWoolExperiment-uk420size.jpg

Above image showing how the little test pilot is looking atm.

large.5e458c17385bc_SweetSeeds-BlackJack-Femenized-RootsInRockwool-uk420size.jpg

Above image showing the roots popping out the bottom of the 6 inch cube.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 17

@Clumsy cheers m8, thats one bit complete and ticked off the bucket list. Now for the rest of the grow to get going. It's good how they work the winners as nearly everyone gets a chance for 1st place etc over the duration. Take it easy and best off luck with your grow and future prizes.

Toke...

• Like 7

Hi Toke

Just catching up with a few overlooked diaries...

Really inspiring photos, as usual :notworthy: I really cannot imagine the quality going much downhill even if you tried. 

Love the root shot on the last page. I'm always amazed just how healthy the roots can look even when everything above the medium is suffering - gives me hope!

Strange to see rockwool in your photos now but I hear you about coco bugs. Hope it works out well for you.

All the best

• Like 4

@SYZYGY thanks for popping in very much appreciated. The plants have just been watered and looking all soggy so will wait for them to come around a bit and get the photos done today. The plants are responding well and im near 100% certain the spider mites are now history thankfully. It amazes me how much abuse these little plants can take in veg and given time go on to produce stunning plants and yields.

Toke...

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

im near 100% certain the spider mites are now history

Excellent news bud :yep: 

22 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

It amazes me how much abuse these little plants can take in veg and given time go on to produce stunning plants and yields.

Ahh, a fact I rely on a little too often. 

• Like 4

Sweet Seeds - Do Sweet Dos - Plant A And Plant B - Recovering and regrowing leaves after spidermite treatments. Plants seem to be spidermite free for now.

None of the plants have been topped as yet but will be at the end of this week and potted up in to 5 L pots.

large.5e4be7d7e43b9_SweetSeeds-DoSweetDos-PlantAAndPlantB-Before2ndPotUpandTopping-uk420size18-02-2020.jpg

• Like 14

Sweet Seeds - Indigo Berry Kush - Plant A And Plant B - Before 2nd Pot Up and Topping - 18/02/2020 as above description.

large.5e4bed440e7dd_SweetSeeds-IndigoBerryKush-PlantAAndPlantB-Before2ndPotUpandTopping-uk420size18-02-2020.jpg

• Like 14

15 hours ago, delagdo said:

Hi @tokenroll - very interested in your rockwool experiment, I hope it works out for you. I had springtails in my coco once :ouch:

I hope it works out easy enough m8, the idea of growing a plant in a single 6x6 inch rockwool cube will be ideal for my cabinet and make doing a sog grow a bit of fun. The only thing that springs to mind doing it is the dreaded root rot but i think so long as these can root prune and be treated with h202 when feeding and drain to waste they will be good to go.

Toke...

• Like 5

@Exhale lol i dont want them in flower for awhile yet as i have to fit in the Dinafem strains at the same time. Cabs certainly going to fill up and hopefully be a sight to be seen and produce some strange aromas. I have a feeling i might need to use a 2nd space for flowering, that wont please the wife hehe.

Toke...

• Like 4