Dinafem & Intense Nutrients grow off show off pick yer nose and blow off

vince noir rock n roll star

in a one and a half foot tall tent ? ..itll fry em to buggery @tokenroll  i keep meaning to put the beg board in with the scope and return the veg tent back to cfl for two reasons ..one added spectrum to the flower tent 

two slow down the revegging and cutting side as under the current board they go too fast ,i had the timing right before but veggin too fast when theres no room in flower tent means a build up of plants waiting to do something ..

• Like 2

@vince noir rock n roll star totally understandable I think most of us small growers run into the same problems. The wife wants her cupboard under the stairs back so looks like my veggie space may have to move to a small shed in the back yard. Might be worth having a go at grafting different strains to the one plant.

Toke...

• Like 2

tried that in the past with varying success and failure ..and its just easier to whack something into 12/12 after germination ,seeds being so readily available these days ,but its that gotta keep one ..where you gonna keep something special going if you find it ..like disco biscuit and sexbud ,its why they always small in my tent ..too stinky to reveg large sized ones or cuttings ..but dont want to lose either ..

• Like 2

Mine never got out of the seedling stage too cold in the garage as soon as social obligation day is past tent coming inside 

Probably boxing day 

• Like 3

On 08/12/2019 at 8:02 PM, tokenroll said:

vince add another couple of strips to your veg light no more problems.

LED is very new to me. Yes, I've seen a lot of grows with LED but I'm only just experiencing them 1st hand now. 

I have been seeing a lot of "rust" issues occurring and not just with our genetics. Could it be LED related? 

Maybe to much calcium and magnesium being used up to early with the Intense lighting?

It's a strange one as it's not strain or breeder specific. Doubtful it's the nutes which leaves environment and lighting. 

As LED are pretty new compared to say HPS it will take a little time to work these issues out. As we learn more the issues will decrease imo :)

It could be the time of year also as suggested above. 

Strange one :)

@vince noir rock n roll star as it's only showing on one plant buddy I would not worry but monitor the issue  :yep:

I'll drop back in on the next update mate  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

worry bout a plant ..me ...never ...no matter what they will be used one way or t`other ..

and yes i do believe its a combination of two things that cause the rust actually three things ..ive adjusted two the third is out of my control 

1- too much light intensity in seedling stage into veg stage causes lightening of the fan leaves thats hard to spot ..almost like small leaf miner or fungus gnat nibble 

once put into flower these areas of the leaves seem to turn necrotic ..leaving a rusty looking leaf

2-higher humidity as others have mentioned ..but none of the other plants have this so im ruling out humidity for me persoanlly .others may not 

3- the actual genetics might have something to do with it ..

either way .alls good 

i will say this week neither have had anything other than 8 fluid oz of water ..temps are too cold at night and i dont wish to drown them in cold roots ..so less is more .

same goes with the scope220 from @diyleduk running smoothly now at 70 watts ,,still experiencing a little light burn but most fans are pointing up after an hour on ..

nice to see happy leaves 

plus the combination of the @Intense Nutrients range has helped lock in nitrogen early on for later use ,as i run a 12/12 tent constantly and small plants get rotated in and out of there ,getting the nutrients right wasnt easy ..but now i have i can see that i could literally halve the prescribed schedule with ease ..making the nutrients very long lasting in effect .

foundation seems to be the thing that works best for the plants and its something that solves a lot of problems later it seems ..good stuff .

as for the actual plants ..i wont be doing quick gorilla again ..neither is it quick nor an actual gorilla ..trades descriptions act ..monkey up or gtfo.

can complain at them though as it was a learning curve to get them to this stage and now theyve settled in things are speeding up a bit ..just these are more for larger tents i believe due to masses of side branching .

out of the two sunny d is my fave ..much shorter ..indica looking even though its sposed to be sativa .

large.IMG_3012.JPGlarge.IMG_3013.JPGquick gorilla^

large.IMG_3010.JPGlarge.IMG_3011.JPG

sunny d ^

• Like 7

On 14/12/2019 at 0:45 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

and yes i do believe its a combination of two things that cause the rust actually three things ..ive adjusted two the third is out of my control 

1- too much light intensity in seedling stage into veg stage causes lightening of the fan leaves thats hard to spot ..almost like small leaf miner or fungus gnat nibble 

once put into flower these areas of the leaves seem to turn necrotic ..leaving a rusty looking leaf

2-higher humidity as others have mentioned ..but none of the other plants have this so im ruling out humidity for me persoanlly .others may not 

3- the actual genetics might have something to do with it ..

Good assessment mate :)

If it's rust, That's a fungus though, correct? And normally as you said high humidity as the primary cause? 

Things don't look to bad from this end mate :yep:

Have a great Xmas buddy  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

18 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

If it's rust, That's a fungus though, correct? And normally as you said high humidity as the primary cause? 

exactly my point ..it cant be that otherwise it would spread ..because i pack em in so tight id expect to see a lot more ..and i can show by increasing the light intensity at this stage which leaves will die first from those issues ..and its the ones that were damaged in veg by too much light as ive mentioned .

im sticking with too much light at seedling to veg stage ,i cannot adjust that intensity unfortunately unless i change the type of light ..i may be doing this soon .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

.i may be doing this soon .

You going to a dimmable mate?

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

these arent lifeless by a long shot and its only one set of leaves on the sunny d  ,ive watched carefully ,the issue for me is early stage light extremes 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

these arent lifeless by a long shot and its only one set of leaves on the sunny d  ,ive watched carefully ,the issue for me is early stage light extremes 

I was suprised. Others are fine. moved OJ #3 out the way and when I seen OJ #2 I just chopped it. Happened seeminly overnight. was screwed. :g:

large.IMG_3025.JPGlarge.IMG_3026.JPG

this ere sunny d ..sposed to sativa ..when kept short looks more like an afghani ..starting to do something at last ..so much lower branching on it ,

the cheeky monkey i think might need a feed this weekend ..starting to show something akin to hunger might not be but who knows ..

large.IMG_3027.JPGlarge.IMG_3028.JPG

lot of resin starting on the monkey which is nice ..

keeping it simple as possible .

• Like 8