The Noodle Revolution - A fight against "King" Vinces empire of voodoo.

@zabz I've actually been medically diagnosed as a loon and was told cannabis would calm me down but it just made it far worse so your stuck with it mate lol

Update.............. 

Good day to all soldiers of the revolution or those who are just wondering WTF is going on in here,

As we growers who are (just) below the age of antiquity creep ever forwards to the most important date of the year, namely the end of the school torture holidays, I bring you another exciting saga filled with drama and incredible tales of one council trash man's fight for all growers to be recognised as possibly, definitely maybe almost as good as King Vince and his voodoo girthy ganja.

It may turn out to be less exciting than an actual Viking saga but who knows this grow may still become a mythical failure. 

Less chaff more growing now.

I want to start this week by clearing up some basic details that I've missed so far, here you go -

The seeds went into germinate on the 4th August.

The beans went into potting compost on the 6th August.

The chosen one broke ground on the 8th of August.

As of today we are only at grow day 21 and growth rate has been quite good pleasingly so she must be happy enough for now.

large.1567031670379_compress90.jpg

Lighting is on 18/6, timed to be on when it's lights of in flowering above so temps are always stable between 23c - 27c lights on and 19c-21c lights of. That means when it's lights of in veg the radiant heat from flowering above keeps the vegging plants warm and vice versa.

To make sure the heat doesn't build and cook the roots of the plants flowering above the tough tray is sat on several pieces of baton and alls well there.

Take a look at a few photos of her sitting proud in her basket and starting to reach for the rim, look at the strength and bracing around the  node first, shes a good un' - 

large.1567031492209_compress92.jpg

She's gained an inch everywhere in the last few days alone and these pics were taken yesterday - 

large.1567031618801_compress35.jpg

Look at her plush new growth, you may spot some spots of white but that's from dusting with DE nothing bad - 

large.1567031546566_compress97.jpg

Since last week I left her with 1 wick in the H2O and she really got going on it taking up about 200ml a day. You can see that she's a good strong little plant with solid structure and has been enjoying the never ending drinks from the wick.

For those who havnt read my enthralling, intoxicating and occasionally rambling prior updates I built the wick "basket" as if one piece of braid like this -

large.20190726_143830_compress66.jpg

That's sat in the pot like this - 

large.1565633791414_compress36.jpg

It means water is always delivered to the whole pot with 1 wick but delivery can quickly be doubled temporarily, for sudden high ambient temps, or permanently as in flowering. 

With 1 wick running there has been no run off at all so to test her uptake I put both wicks in and 3 hours later there was quite a bit of run of. I can now safely assume that she's perfectly happy with 1 wick for now, but also, when the time comes to flower I should be able to support what will be a big plant for a Pot the size of a large coffee cup which is where the gamble of this grow lies not in my mad scientist equipment really. It will be like keeping a Gorilla happy in a lunchbox. 

As of yet she's had no extra feed just a small dose of Seaweed. The white areas on the compost is the DE - Diatomaceous Earth that I'm applying regularly as a first line bug defence but it will deliver good amounts of usable Silica as it breaks down. It also has surprising moisture retaining properties thats a bonus longer term for good health in a torturous sized pot.

I've now started with weekly but very, very small amounts of top dressed Bat Guano, blood, fish and bone, Mychorizal powder and a touch of Epsom. As I'm not watering I'm lightly misting it every day to wash it steadily down into the compost over the whole grow to help cover any accidental drops in food availability.

large.20190817_135931_compress35.jpg

I think that's it for today but she's growing at a rate of knots and veg time may not be as long as I'd thought. The photos here were taken yesterday and she's already put on about 10mm everywhere since.

Take it easy folks, back with more madness real soon.

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 6

I meant to do a growth comparison up above but forgot, so I decided to add it rather than edit it into the update I'm not high enough for that.

Anyhow, here's a quick growth comparison over 2 days,the update shots were taken yesterday  - 

Top pair 26th August - 

large.1567091250805_compress53.jpg

28th August - 

large.1567031715732_compress17.jpg

Bottom pair 26th August - 

large.1567091305773_compress71.jpg

28th August bit zoomed but nice waxy stems- 

large.1567031492209_compress92.jpg

Its a good solid growth rate and shes rolling along nicely in her compost mix which I'm hoping will continue and shortern veg time a bit. 

That's it proper done now time for a vape. 

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 7

On 24/08/2019 at 9:12 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

Hey sweaty growers, 

Hope your tents are staying cool and your plants are having a nice drink. 

Personally, I'm about 20 orange jubbly's into this mini heatwave and as is usual for the ideas I come up with they develop as I grow and this time has been no different.

large.1566567755742_compress7.jpg

Earlier in this diary I mentioned about a previous grow using a hanging basket that I used as inspiration for this one. Yesterday I was sat in the garden watching the wife get on with it (I have good reasons for my laziness) I spotted the old basket in the corner and decided to see how the Noodle pot fitted.

Its nuts but it fitted great,it's not actually as big as it looks in photos so don't think I'm totally mad, just a little bit -

large.1566672667952_compress71.jpg

As it turned out It was meant to be as it ziptied to the plastic tray as if they were born together in a far of land and its strong although I do have back up support plans. I will  also be making two holes in the plastic for the wicks to fit tidily through once on the tea pot (WTF am I doing!?! a bastard teapot ffs!) 

Look at the majesty of my revolutionary weapon (held together with zip ties and tape as was the millennium dome lol) - 

large.1566672589271_compress83.jpg

See the zip ties and tape! - 

large.1566678320879_compress5.jpg

The next phase will be filling that massive basket out and my little OGKZ has been topped so its game on with that. Sadly I think she screamed a little as the blade cut her but I thanked her for her dedication and absolute sacrifice to the revolution.

Here she is minus her head -

large.1566672760781_compress56.jpg

As I said in my original plan, once I've managed to train her around the rim of the basket (fingers crossed as its an absolute gamble) I'll flip her to 12/12 and any resulting stretch will continue to be tied down around the rim. Once stretch is done I snip out any poorly placed bud sites and from this point my job is purely care.

large.1566567636426_compress80.jpg

I've done it in a big pot before and I know the tiny noodle pot will make looking after a large plant like that very tricky but that's why I went with wicks for limitless but controlled fluid delivery. Its also why I spent time cooking the compost with its amendments to lengthen the time before she needs feeding as much as possible but she will need alot of feed still during flower that's for sure. 

Having the low pressure air feed is an attempt to maximise growth speed and maintain root health to get that basket done asap and keep things at 100% as much as possible.

The fun and games have started and I expect to have the air flowing in the next week or so and from that point whatever happens will happen.

Headless but cool - 

large.1566567830627_compress58.jpg

The last pic is her sat in my veg space with one wick in plain water as its so hot but I doubt I'll remove it again now as she's going to be busy. Both wicks are connected in the compost so when it comes to two wick time she should be at one with them as she will force roots into the wicks themselves for direct access and she will have endless fluids available which is why the stretch control is so important as so much fluid really gets em' fired up and happy to reach for the stars - 

large.1566672826983_compress6.jpg

I feel the need for a jubbly I think so I will sign of here and wish you all a nice Bank Holiday, take care and don't try doing anything as stupid as this. 

Now this is getting interesting  ;)

@2Fat2EatThat you've got your creative side really going on this one mate  ;)

The wick system is set up, the cage in place, topped and now you've got to fill that cage out :bong:

I've said this a few times today but another worth contender  :yep:

Judging this ain't going be easy and we have a long way to go yet ;)

Love it!

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

Just popping in with a pic as I did the first stage of training today and she's banged on a bit since the last update only a few days ago, take a peek - 

large.1567287815468_compress40.jpg

You may see a few bits of junk  around her and that's the rest of my "technical kit" lol the air pump and the mystical (made in China) holy glass teapot of life. 

I will be covering that madness next update at which point Im expecting some of you to actually understand what's been going on in here for the very first time so good luck with that lol 

@HSO-Mark as my set ups a bit different I wanted to make sure you could see there was no wizardy trickery going on by using the clear glass teapot, I could have splashed out big on an awesome glass pig shaped one at the charity shop but it was over a fiver ffs! robbing gits lol. So thought I could just drop an extra photo in here and there to make sure I'm not being cheeky with the roots, competition is competition and gotta be fair for all and only takes a sec. 

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 7

On 29/08/2019 at 2:24 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

so your stuck with it mate lol

I hope so! 

Looking forward to the grand unveiling of your contraption :yep:

• Like 3

The time has finally come, an epoch in grow technology has been reached, a true breakthrough, a new dawn and beginning of a new era awaits us, behold the majesty and hubbly bubbly jubbly side of the best and only noodle growing machine.... IN THE WORLD! - 

I did the video 3 days ago so she's come on alot since but at least with the video it should be easier for you guys to see what's going on than the multiple times Ive tried to explain it to you lol

So it's grow day 27 and my little KZ (Kazey?) is being stuffed with humid air, is drinking the finest oxygenated council H2O with a dash of Seaweed and is particularly enjoying the new lighting I fitted in the new veg space. It was built using a thousand fucks, twats and dozens of dummy out the pram moments but was built from yet more junk I had sitting about, it's mad what you build up over time.

large.1567354392166_compress48.jpg

Lighting is now 3 x 35w G12 CMH on 18/6. My little CMH lights have gone through a few different grows and configurations over the years but everything to do with them is cheap and they work very well delivering a quality light with little heat from being lower power. If I'm diy'ing with low power/heat lighting I tend to use wood structurely as it's totally non conductive reducing risk, the metal reflector is well earthed anyway so don't panic all you health and safety nuts. I'm only forced to DIY this much because of money constraints so I have no option most of the time. 

The digital control units are small and have all the safety features you have on normal expensive grow lights and they're brilliantly adaptable for this type of project. Here's a collage of the parts (ooooh a collage, very modern) -

large.20190902_135558_compress47.jpg

The rig up itself is nothing special just plywood and bits but its safe, effective and suitable for the space. Each actual bulb fitting rotates for good light fall control and is seperately switched, I didn't take a pic with the reflector attached stupidly - 

large.20190902_213421_compress77.jpg

large.20190902_140406_compress4.jpg

large.20190902_213458_compress95.jpg

The little nut between the mount and base allows the rotation - 

large.20190902_213527_compress72.jpg

Early impressions of the hubbly bubbly machine - 

Really good so far, in the three days since I fitted it she has exploded into life in every direction but I noticed she also slowed her fluid uptake through wicks at the same time which had me scratching my head for a while until it came to me, she's having endless warm, moist, humid air royally delivered up her special little bottom and who wouldn't enjoy that?! shes obviously getting a fair amount of moisture that way so I've had to leave the wicks out sometimes as I was beginning to get a little run off just with 1 wick. 

Training has begun in earnest now and the photographs here were taken three days ago, she's gone another couple of inches all round since then so it's quickly becoming a plant wrestling match but the quicker I can finish veg and flip the better all round.

I've indulged myself a little with the pictures this time so there's a lot of green, but, to me it's a beautiful, luscious green, the best green I've ever seen, greener than the jolly green giant and the hulk stuck together in a sordidly green gay moment but don't let that put you of from enjoying the greenness, here's the pics -

large.1567354333386_compress41.jpg

large.1567354538084_compress94.jpg

large.1567353902551_compress66.jpg

large.1567354016235_compress45.jpg

large.1567354237140_compress61.jpg

large.1567354157374_compress28.jpg

large.1567354291689_compress6.jpg

large.1567354063672_compress15.jpg

large.1567354105398_compress75.jpg

large.1567353957615_compress6.jpg

I only began training a few days back so there's not alot of force into it yet but that will ramp up in the coming days, I just don't want any accidents so am being careful. 

There you go then it's all falling into place and the fun is just beginning. 

Take care people its a jungle out there. 

@zabz what's your verdict on my contraption mate?! It's not actually that far out there if you look at the basics of what's happening and veg is the easy bit as we all know but thanks for popping by hope I can pull it of now I've talked it up big time lol

@HSO-Mark is this all good for you guv'nor ? it's nice to let the madness out again, big thanks for the opportunity my friend. 

@vince noir rock n roll star

If we join forces we could take over the whole world, you could remain as King and absolute Emperor enjoying the finer things in life and rule with an iron fist as long as I get total control over all proper bakeries and jam donut making machines, deal?! 

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
  • Like 9

large.cooltext334558265820965.gif

Thought it clearer than a few pics @HSO-Mark

Have considered adding musical entertainment but every tune I tried gets shutdown by the YouTube musical police, twats. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

The time has finally come, an epoch in grow technology has been reached, a true breakthrough, a new dawn and beginning of a new era awaits us, behold the majesty and hubbly bubbly jubbly side of the best and only noodle growing machine.... IN THE WORLD! - 

I did the video 3 days ago so she's come on alot since but at least with the video it should be easier for you guys to see what's going on than the multiple times Ive tried to explain it to you lol

So it's grow day 27 and my little KZ (Kazey?) is being stuffed with humid air, is drinking the finest oxygenated council H2O with a dash of Seaweed and is particularly enjoying the new lighting I fitted in the new veg space. It was built using a thousand fucks, twats and dozens of dummy out the pram moments but was built from yet more junk I had sitting about, it's mad what you build up over time.

large.1567354392166_compress48.jpg

Lighting is now 3 x 35w G12 CMH on 18/6. My little CMH lights have gone through a few different grows and configurations over the years but everything to do with them is cheap and they work very well delivering a quality light with little heat from being lower power. If I'm diy'ing with low power/heat lighting I tend to use wood structurely as it's totally non conductive reducing risk, the metal reflector is well earthed anyway so don't panic all you health and safety nuts. I'm only forced to DIY this much because of money constraints so I have no option most of the time. 

The digital control units are small and have all the safety features you have on normal expensive grow lights and they're brilliantly adaptable for this type of project. Here's a collage of the parts (ooooh a collage, very modern) -

large.20190902_135558_compress47.jpg

The rig up itself is nothing special just plywood and bits but its safe, effective and suitable for the space. Each actual bulb fitting rotates for good light fall control and is seperately switched, I didn't take a pic with the reflector attached stupidly - 

large.20190902_213421_compress77.jpg

large.20190902_140406_compress4.jpg

large.20190902_213458_compress95.jpg

The little nut between the mount and base allows the rotation - 

large.20190902_213527_compress72.jpg

Early impressions of the hubbly bubbly machine - 

Really good so far, in the three days since I fitted it she has exploded into life in every direction but I noticed she also slowed her fluid uptake through wicks at the same time which had me scratching my head for a while until it came to me, she's having endless warm, moist, humid air royally delivered up her special little bottom and who wouldn't enjoy that?! shes obviously getting a fair amount of moisture that way so I've had to leave the wicks out sometimes as I was beginning to get a little run off just with 1 wick. 

Training has begun in earnest now and the photographs here were taken three days ago, she's gone another couple of inches all round since then so it's quickly becoming a plant wrestling match but the quicker I can finish veg and flip the better all round.

I've indulged myself a little with the pictures this time so there's a lot of green, but, to me it's a beautiful, luscious green, the best green I've ever seen, greener than the jolly green giant and the hulk stuck together in a sordidly green gay moment but don't let that put you of from enjoying the greenness, here's the pics -

large.1567354333386_compress41.jpg

large.1567354538084_compress94.jpg

large.1567353902551_compress66.jpg

large.1567354016235_compress45.jpg

large.1567354237140_compress61.jpg

large.1567354157374_compress28.jpg

large.1567354291689_compress6.jpg

large.1567354063672_compress15.jpg

large.1567354105398_compress75.jpg

large.1567353957615_compress6.jpg

I only began training a few days back so there's not alot of force into it yet but that will ramp up in the coming days, I just don't want any accidents so am being careful. 

There you go then it's all falling into place and the fun is just beginning. 

Take care people its a jungle out there. 

@zabz what's your verdict on my contraption mate?! It's not actually that far out there if you look at the basics of what's happening and veg is the easy bit as we all know but thanks for popping by hope I can pull it of now I've talked it up big time lol

@HSO-Mark is this all good for you guv'nor ? it's nice to let the madness out again, big thanks for the opportunity my friend. 

@vince noir rock n roll star

If we join forces we could take over the whole world, you could remain as King and absolute Emperor enjoying the finer things in life and rule with an iron fist as long as I get total control over all proper bakeries and jam donut making machines, deal?! 

Now this is getting very, very interesting  ;)

Most definitely one of If not the most creative approach I've seen ;)

The videos are a nice touch mate :bong:

With the music to overlay try searching Google for "copyright free music " or hit me up I have some usable UK grime music by a friend  ;)

This is getting crazy, love it :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Alright there @2Fat2EatThat

Nice touch with the videos mate,

As Mark said one of the more creative ideas in this years Pnc, I am really liking your glass tea pot mate, tho I am a bit confused as to why there appear to be two res’s, the larger milk bottle one, then the smaller one with a larger pipe feed going to the tea pot, what’s that for ? 

I can only guess it’s for air? 

Anyway looking great.

Take it easy Jj :yinyang:

• Like 1