Dinafem Multi Strain Grow, Vertical Farming At The Whitehouse 2019-2020

tokenroll

3 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@Dinafem-Mark never with cannabis just grape vines and runner beans some toms along time ago.

Toke...

Oh, your in for a totally different experience mate ;)

Looks like I've  returned just in time :yep:

Not seen a vertical grow for awhile, this is going to be a blast  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark and @diyledukmay be of interest for you both.

Well been doing some calculations and it looks like im going to use the end walls and the back wall to go vertical scrog. So that will give me 4.2 ft X 2.5 ft = 10.5 sqft Back Wall and 2 ft X 2.5 ft = 5 sqft per End Wall X 2 =10 sqft. So 20.5 sqft total so a lot more grow space than running another horizontal scrog on top of the bottom shelf. So imagine all 3 walls with shelves to set the planters on and all hooked up as little hempy buckets with overflows going into a waste pipe and into the waste bucket. This will leave a rectangle gap in the centre of the cab which will let air get sucked up from the horizontal scrog on the first level and let some bounced light from the lower level up.

I will use the Samsung trips on the roof and stick 2 x quantum boards on the doors and get all lights dialled in. 

So it will take a few weeks at least to train the girls up for vertical scrogging but in the meantime I can get the work down before the lower level is put into flower. I think this will go crazy and will be something totally different for me. It may work or maybe be a total screw up, either way it's getting documented as usual.

Total square foot of growing space for the whole cabinet will be in and around 32.5 sqft. if I haven't screwed the maths up. 

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
More info
  • Like 4

@diyleduk I think I should be good to go as is but will soon find out. If it works out well then I might go totally verticle, if that's the case I will think about running lights vertically down the middle, it would take some building skills for the frame work but once down it would be easy to duplicate.  The angle of the led spread if I recall on the strip's is 120 degrees which would need some way to adjust for even spread.

This is what happens when I get bored lol.

Thanks once again.

Toke...

• Like 2

Just keep in mind its best to run strips horizontal rather than vertical, when running them vertical. (:g:does that make sense )

Like this

_____

_____

_____

Beam angle is 120 on the whites and 130 on the reds.

Edited by diyleduk
  • Like 2

@diyleduk yeah makes perfect sense. Thanks for the confirmation on the beam angles of the whites. The reds I didn't know to be honest so thanks for that.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Ignore the strain this is just a sample image of what im trying.

large.5d5ad00292fe5_HSO-BlueFire-VerticalScrogPlantA.jpg

This has the potential to be one crazy grow mate ;)

You've got a decent area to work with, solid lighting and plenty of veg time  :yep:

We don't see many vertical grows these days so will make a change and challenge you also ;)

Very cool :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1

Dinafem - Orange Juice 

Scrogging out in the lower level, left side. Temps and rh showing in the photo. I need to get the temps up around 30c and RH 65% and they will start to grow a lot quicker while in veg. GHE Grow EC1.4 PH 6.0 Nutrient Temp 22c Drip 24/7

large.5d5c293e1fd6a_Dinafem_OrangeJuice-ScroggingOutInVeg150watts.jpg

• Like 4

Another little update the Juice has had the net strapped down to the rim of the pot using garden wire and stopping the plant pushing the net up. So now the plants branches can fight against the net and get fatter and stronger.

So the pictures show the before and after of the tucking of the new shoots spreading out towards the edges. More to be done with the middle of the screen, training shoots into it also. (Not the best angle to show I fecked up sorry)

The white leds are now running at 177.5 Watts at the wall and will stay at that power till chop time. The reds will get turned on the 2nd or 3rd week of flower  at 70 watts until harvest. Lights will keep getting moved up to keep a 4" gap from leds to canopy.

Feed EC 1.4 Background EC0.4 PH6.2

That's it for now. Toke...

large.5d645e8c38aea_Dinafem_OrangeJuice-ScrogBeforeAndAfter26th-uk420.jpg

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Another little update the Juice has had the net strapped down to the rim of the pot using garden wire and stopping the plant pushing the net up. So now the plants branches can fight against the net and get fatter and stronger.

So the pictures show the before and after of the tucking of the new shoots spreading out towards the edges. More to be done with the middle of the screen, training shoots into it also. (Not the best angle to show I fecked up sorry)

The white leds are now running at 177.5 Watts at the wall and will stay at that power till chop time. The reds will get turned on the 2nd or 3rd week of flower  at 70 watts until harvest. Lights will keep getting moved up to keep a 4" gap from leds to canopy.

Feed EC 1.4 Background EC0.4 PH6.2

That's it for now. Toke...

large.5d645e8c38aea_Dinafem_OrangeJuice-ScrogBeforeAndAfter26th-uk420.jpg

Beautiful work so far mate  ;)

Your tucking, training and filling that screen out a treat  :yep:

Nice update buddy  ;)

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dinafem - Orange Juice

Quick photo update and some notes. Plant training for veg is over and will be put into flower on 11/09/2019. I had a few issues with incorrect PH but all seems to be going the right direction now. Nothing else has changed since last update.

Until next time a couple a photos.

Toke...

large.5d76c5ab4e32d_Dinafem-OrangeJuice-ScrogTrainingComplete.jpg

large.5d76c5a8e08be_Dinafem-OrangeJuice-ScrogTrainingCompletebelow.jpg

• Like 5

Just a little update on the under construction site called a flower cab. Bottom half is going to be running a few vertical scrogs. One plant per planter with 4 tops. Two tops are trained up one side of the net and two tops trained up the other side of the net. Plants are centred between back wall and the cabs doors.

As can be seen the Samsung strips are bolted to the back wall of the cab and mounted vertically to get a nice spread, temps on the strips are cool to the touch. Light for the front of the net will be provided using two old quantum boards, one on each door panel. Close the door and hey presto plants are getting light from the front and back. So just think double scrog on the one net and one plant per planter. Foot print for growing is now getting silly. I don't think I will be needing to run the lights to hard in this vertical section as the canopies will be only about 8 inches from the lights. Will it work? no idea but we will find out.

On the top shelf its a little more sane, it has two horizontal scrog plants up there and will do their thing.

Bottom Vertical growing section of the cab and horizontal scrog sections are bot the same measurements:

Width 58 inches X Depth 30 inches X Height 41.5 inches 

@diyleduk a little different 

Photo of the construction site below and will be cleaned up before flower the tops shelf tomorrow.

Toke...

large.worknprogress.jpg

• Like 5

Im liking the setup, a wall of bud is going to look good. 

If the heat sinks are cool then you will be fine.

I will get you them extra white strips over next week :yep:

• Like 3

@tokenroll good to see someone trying new things and I like your ideas mate. I have developed no fear when trying new things but I often cry at the end results lol

My new but still unfinished grow space, its lacking its proper door, looks pretty much the same dimensions as yours top and bottom and once settled in its plenty of space to muck about with.

Have you hidden your filter/fan? I built my cab floor to ceiling and put the f/f right at the top with ducting drawing from the space.

I've seen your strip lights in a few of your posts here but have to admit I've not checked them out yet. I have a blackdogled p2 200w led as my main weapon with 2x150w CMH either side and have no complaints but I like the equal light fall from across your strips for sure. 

Good on you for having a try at something new and best of luck with it as a whole, I will keep an eye out on your progress for sure. 

• Like 3