Dinafem Multi Strain Grow, Vertical Farming At The Whitehouse 2019-2020

tokenroll

6 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

You can get spider mites in a few ways mate. Normally from cutting from an untrusted source. It can be passed from pet's but in general it's another plant. Possibly a house plant that's been effected then the little critters can migrate to our beloved plant's  ;)

Apparently weed/cannabis plant's taste good to the little buggers :(

Best way to eliminate imo is finish the grow and nuke the room, clean, clean and more cleaning and start with new medium if possible not a bag you've had lying around. That could be affected also  :yep:

@tokenroll Entering the home stretch, cool :headbang:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Thanks Mark. Interesting

• Like 2

@Larry Badgeley I think these got brought into the house when we where bringing in the harvest from the veg garden, my black current bushes get hammered with the shits every year and now I don't even try to control them as the treatments only work the odd time, and each time I treated them was with different spidermite killer sprays as they become immune to them very quickly.

Toke...

• Like 2

I had great success with the Phytoline natural predators they work so fast and leave nothing! Was well worth the £20 I paid for them. :yep:

• Like 3

@Exhale yeah I think if they return when I run the next batch off seeds and see any sign off them I will look to the predators as I have not tried them.

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Toke...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exhale said:

I had great success with the Phytoline natural predators they work so fast and leave nothing! Was well worth the £20 I paid for them. :yep:

Natural predators are definitely the way forward and best attack method against these little buggers  ;)

Have seen good results from "Harkers" but that's made into a spray which In bloom I would not use as it could effect the end product  ;)

Veg or early bloom works a treat :)

18 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@Larry Badgeley I think these got brought into the house when we where bringing in the harvest from the veg garden, my black current bushes get hammered with the shits every year and now I don't even try to control them as the treatments only work the odd time, and each time I treated them was with different spidermite killer sprays as they become immune to them very quickly.

Toke...

Yep, that's do it :)

Weed plants are way more attractive than a Blackcurrant bush lol

Get this one finished mate and nuke the room  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Just now, tokenroll said:

I will look to the predators as I have not tried them.

It does seem to be the most attractive method of attack atm buddy  ;)

Fingers crossed they are gone but if not give the natural predators a go ;)

Mark..

• Like 2

OK MY APOLOGIES DO ANYONE THAT HAD BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD IM SURE YOUR AWARE I HAD A SPIDERMITE PROBLEM AND IT HAS NOT GOT ANY BETTER SO ALL PLANTS THAT WHERE IN VEG ARE NOW BURNING AWAY IN THE BCK YARDS FIRE PIT.

SO ON THAT NOTE I WILL CLOSE THIS DIARY DOWN AND WHEN I GET EVERYTHING BACK TO BUG FREE AND SANATISED I WILL ORDER SOME NEW SEEDS AND START FROM THE BEGINNING WITH A NEW DIARY FOR AFTER XMAS.

I WILL ASK JOOLZ TO DELETE BOTH VERTICAL DIARIES WHEN HE HAS TIME.

• Like 2

Dinafem - Orange Juice - Review

Just a quick note to say the tops that where harvested are snapping like twigs. So they are deboned and put in the plastic storage box after 4 hours in the jar they are at 57-60% RH. They alone come in at just under 6oz and I would say the lower parts of the buds which are to be harvested before the end of the week will come in around 3.5-4oz. So a nice haul for the size of the plant and a good run in pure hydroton.

I have tested a few samples and they smoke smooth with a hint of orange peel and earthy tones. The high is pretty good considering it is not the highest thc plants kicking around atm but it sure put me into a state of no chance of sleeping and not even capable of focusing my camera when taking bud shots of "The New" weekend past, certainly makes you happy and chatty so good for a session smoke with the mates and your a sativa lover. It's not my cup a tea with it being mainly Sativa they make me uneasy and paranoid normally but not so much with this one. As im more into my Indicas but have to keep the wife happy some times she loves it.

As far as general growing she was a very easy plant to grow not to hungry and a little sensitive to even low levels of pk boost 1.3 EC of Bloom and EC0.2 of PK Boost and tap water EC0.4. I also noticed if the light levels get to much she will soon let you no with the tops showing her disgust and start to foxtail very quickly compared to the new that was growing beside her, raise the lights or dim them a little and she will respond and recover rather quickly. All in all im happy enough with the results of the first Sativa dominant strain I have grown in some time. Beginner growers should find this one easy to grow.

So that will wrap the Dinafem - Orange Juice grow and report up for now. And as said before the end of the diary. I will post some dry bud shots etc in the best Dinafem photos section over the next few weeks.

I will finish off the Dinafem / Intense Nutrients Grow Off Competition and that is going to be my last diary for seeds/competitions etc for some time as I want to try other things next year without having to keep on track and the pressure that goes with it.

So thanks to those that followed along, some things didn't go as planned but that's growing for you. 

Toke...

• Like 5

On 03/12/2019 at 7:27 PM, tokenroll said:

Dinafem - Orange Juice - Review

Just a quick note to say the tops that where harvested are snapping like twigs. So they are deboned and put in the plastic storage box after 4 hours in the jar they are at 57-60% RH. They alone come in at just under 6oz and I would say the lower parts of the buds which are to be harvested before the end of the week will come in around 3.5-4oz. So a nice haul for the size of the plant and a good run in pure hydroton.

I have tested a few samples and they smoke smooth with a hint of orange peel and earthy tones. The high is pretty good considering it is not the highest thc plants kicking around atm but it sure put me into a state of no chance of sleeping and not even capable of focusing my camera when taking bud shots of "The New" weekend past, certainly makes you happy and chatty so good for a session smoke with the mates and your a sativa lover. It's not my cup a tea with it being mainly Sativa they make me uneasy and paranoid normally but not so much with this one. As im more into my Indicas but have to keep the wife happy some times she loves it.

As far as general growing she was a very easy plant to grow not to hungry and a little sensitive to even low levels of pk boost 1.3 EC of Bloom and EC0.2 of PK Boost and tap water EC0.4. I also noticed if the light levels get to much she will soon let you no with the tops showing her disgust and start to foxtail very quickly compared to the new that was growing beside her, raise the lights or dim them a little and she will respond and recover rather quickly. All in all im happy enough with the results of the first Sativa dominant strain I have grown in some time. Beginner growers should find this one easy to grow.

So that will wrap the Dinafem - Orange Juice grow and report up for now. And as said before the end of the diary. I will post some dry bud shots etc in the best Dinafem photos section over the next few weeks.

I will finish off the Dinafem / Intense Nutrients Grow Off Competition and that is going to be my last diary for seeds/competitions etc for some time as I want to try other things next year without having to keep on track and the pressure that goes with it.

So thanks to those that followed along, some things didn't go as planned but that's growing for you. 

Toke...

Thanks for wrapping the diary up in style mate :yep:

Sad to read you won't be participating in any diaries next year :(

Got to try different things brother, Good luck  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark.. 

@Dinafem-Mark I will still be growing and online, but im in the process off re-designing the lighting and adding a lot more strips in there and adding some sort of tray to the top and bottom levels so I can run fully auto watering etc. So not really the time to do diaries for seeds unless I get it done quick lol. The Dinafem and Intense nutrients diary will run until complete but maybe in a different space.

Cheers for stoping in always a pleasure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tokenroll said:

@Dinafem-Mark I will still be growing and online, but im in the process off re-designing the lighting and adding a lot more strips in there and adding some sort of tray to the top and bottom levels so I can run fully auto watering etc. So not really the time to do diaries for seeds unless I get it done quick lol. The Dinafem and Intense nutrients diary will run until complete but maybe in a different space.

Cheers for stoping in always a pleasure.

Best to get the new additions in, tested and running as expected  :yep:

Sounds like big things coming in 2020 :headbang:

Mark..