Here are the latest 3 girls. They are strikingly similar looking within each phenotype.

large.Jam1c.jpglarge.Jam1b.jpglarge.Jam1a.jpglarge_Jam1.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/02/2020 at 8:01 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

looking fire for sure. congrats on the cross. its a good hobby is seed making. happy smoking on them strawberry fire og. :smokin:

i took the gift of fire f2s to a f3 and the platinum yeti to a f4. i need to run them and complete my tester diary this summer. 

I saw! Good effort, too. You are ahead of me slightly! I may tap you for genetics when you line loses vigour.. it is a great hobby, though..

• Like 1

Turns out the Kushier ones really pick up the berry aroma when dried. They still retain the gassy flavour. The Affie stayed delicate in aroma..more organic Kush smells but picked up a lovely and surprising exotic spicy flavour. These plants have surprised me yet again. The good sunshine means that my outdoor girls have bulbous buds of epic proportions and the overall funk is making my neighbour notice with delight. He has complained about the strength of the OG cross, though, as it is very strong. Others have taken to asking for my Jamaican instead of this Kush as it is not as strong. I tasted the Afghan pheno yesterday but could not smoke the joint. Waaaay too strong for me.  Each to their own, I guess.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 1

So far all the plants stayed squat with not too much stretch and started to flower quickly after I flipped them. The finish is quick too. It is obvious why commercial growers use OG hybrids but the price does baffles me - it is a growers plant for sure but is it worth double for smokers? It is strong without doubt but there are certainly more interesting highs out there if commercial considerations are not important...on the other hand, this is acash croppers dream in every way. It doesn’t even need a cure. People take it straight from the drying room. Those 3 are already gone. I had just 2 puffs of each for testing the flavours and dryness... people are coming back to get some for their friends who asked where it came from. Bag appeal, that is. People smoke with their eyes! I wouldn’t get on my motorbike after a joint of this strong weed but give me a PlayStation controller...

• Like 2

I would actually be interested to see how others find these seeds. I could use any criticism to see where I can improve my game. Also other growers each have their own, equally great, techniques which it may suit... I still have a few hundred seeds so if any growers want to try some free seeds let Mark know and I’ll pass them on. Extremely stable, extremely commercial and I suspect huge medicinal implications. Some plants show interesting aromas or flavours. Most are intensely commercial. I have not found a dud or hermie in her yet.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2

On 03/06/2020 at 10:52 AM, Grover Sativa said:

I would actually be interested to see how others find these seeds. I could use any criticism to see where I can improve my game. Also other growers each have their own, equally great, techniques which it may suit... I still have a few hundred seeds so if any growers want to try some free seeds let Mark know and I’ll pass them on. Extremely stable, extremely commercial and I suspect huge medicinal implications. Some plants show interesting aromas or flavours. Most are intensely commercial. I have not found a dud or hermie in her yet.

Have you sent any to @Joolz?

Could possibly be given away with forum subscriptions  ;)

Just a thought  :yep:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2020 at 9:00 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Have you sent any to @Joolz?

Could possibly be given away with forum subscriptions  ;)

Just a thought  :yep:

Mark..

Hi, I haven’t logged on for ages. So sorry.

Could I send some to you for @joolz and others? I have had some great results with them lately. 

Yes, give them as freebies with subs and to anybody who is struggling with money now. Too many people are without work now and seeds are not cheap. I will send you hundreds. Please message me with a safe address , also - do I have a safe address for joolz or can you do that for me?

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 1

I am working on something better now. Much clearer breeding goals and a lot of help from pro breeders who have donated breeding lines and great advice. I want a quick and cold/rain hardy sativa that will finish before Oct 7th naturally. So that we can enjoy huge sativas here in the UK and not be constrained by greenhouses or autumn heating, etc. No force flowering etc... but it needs to be euphoric and taste and smell lovely (personally I love incense aromas in  sativas...) 

I am talking about strains that work. Not some outdoor crap like Frisian Dew or whatever other crap out there..

is it possible? Probably not... but I am going to try. I am looking at Nepalese and other Himalayan strains for cold/ rain tolerant sativas and other hybrid sativas for taste and high and speed. I am just at phase 1 now... finding fathers that are totally hardy to our climate. Then I can outcross to introduce that trait to other lines and select select select. Once I have a hardy plant with terpenes and highs I like I can work on speed.. there are some faster flowering new sativas out there now to look at and try... lots of good breeding work being done by great breeders right now to jump on the shoulders of!!!

I will keep you informed of the disasters I have. The project needs cold UK autumn conditions for selecting - it is not really something Ican do indoors so it will take many seasons... oh well... a hobby is a hobby. I love it.

• Like 3

Note- average minimum temp for sep at Rothamsted no2 is 10c (actually 0.1c higher than for June!!) 

that is fine for cannabis. As long as it is above 9.9c most cannabis plants will be fine. Once it falls into single figures that changes... 10c is a kind of lower limit...

by October that has fallen to just above 7c... too low. Hence a first week of October finish...

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2

On 20/06/2020 at 1:10 PM, Grover Sativa said:

If I get them to you ASAP there is still time for a greenhouse grow... just...

I'm pretty sure you can send them to @Joolz mate ;)

@Joolz can subbie seeds be sent direct to you?

Not 100% clear on how it work's  :)

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark