Remember the little outdoor cutting? here she is (no 12)

She is loving the great growlight in the sky and the organic ways....

Sorry about the shit photo...

large_12OD.jpg

• Like 5

Here is the flowering outdoor girl (no 5.)

She is going slow but steady. resin is starting to appear now and so is smell. She looks very healthy and also loves the outdoor organic ways.

I have a beautiful clone of this ready to go into the indoor flowering room as soon as there is space. I wonder how different they will be.

She is a midway but slightly onto the side of the strawberry, I think.

Again, sorry if the photos are a bit shit...

large_5ODb.jpglarge_5ODa.jpglarge_5OD.jpg

• Like 4

The indoor plants are also coming along nicely.

No3, one of the 2 plants that are reasonably mature now, looks fantastic. She smells very sweet and also oily/gassy/piney. It is a lovely smell.

large.SSxGoF3i.jpglarge.SSxGoF3h.jpglarge.SSxGoF3g.jpglarge.SSxGoF3f.jpglarge.SSxGoF3e.jpglarge.SSxGoF3d.jpglarge.SSxGoF3c.jpglarge.SSxGoF3b.jpglarge.SSxGoF3a.jpg

• Like 4

The other more mature plant, no 2. has much fluffier buds. She is very resinous but doesn't have the tight hugs of no3...

she does, however, absolutely REEK. I am NOT joking. This plant absolutely fucking stinks. It is in complete contrast to the outdoor plant, no5, which smells very sweet, subtle and earthy -( like strawberries plants after rain ) This plant does not smell of berries at all or even that sweet, really. She smells of bad things and a lot of them... I LOVE it - it is intriguing and so very powerful, penetrating and pungent. It is possibly the smelliest plant I have grown in a long time. I am not sure how to describe it, really. I need more time with it but a sort of maple syrup marinated jerky beef, kerosene and hash, perhaps - or maybe not. There is a lot going on there.

large.SSxGoF2f.jpglarge.SSxGoF2e.jpglarge.SSxGoF2d.jpglarge.SSxGoF2c.jpglarge.SSxGoF2b.jpglarge.SSxGoF2a.jpg

• Like 3

no 12 is flowering proper now. She looks very similar to no 3, the bag appeal phenotype.

large.SSxGoF12.jpg

• Like 3

This is a very interesting plant. She is a complete sativa. Extremely branchy plant. It has taken so much pruning just to keep the centre of the plant from being completely overgrown. Next time I grow her I will nor top her as this only encourages more branching, which is really not necessary with this one!

It is hard to believe that this plant (no 20) is the sister of the 3 kush plants above (now. 2,3 and 12.) She just doesn't have any kush about her at all. I can't wait to see how she goes and will not ditch the mother plant of this one until I have properly given her a good cure and test smoke at the very least. I have a lovely , healthy, vibrant clone of this plant out in the greenhouse. If the aromas or flower quality seems good I will try her outdoors, in a natural cycle, with some other more kushy ones and see how they compare.

I will definitely use this female as a one of the mums for the f2 generation if I go that way as she is pretty unique compared to all the others (some have some OG stretch and one or two are a bit branchy but nothing like this girl..) 

large.SSxGoF20.jpg 

• Like 3

So far so goos with the Strawberry Surprise x Gift of Fire OG indoors. I have a phenotype with real bag appeal - a joy to grow. I have a stinky motherfucker phenotype - yes, she is stinking out the grow room, which is good and bad but she is very very interesting to behold (if you can behold something with your nose...) and finally I have a full on branchy sativa diva. That is just so far! 

It does look like the other plants are all either very much like no 3, (the bag appeal kush plant) or a stretchier, slightly branchy version of kush (kinda like stinky is) and maybe one other is a bit stretchy and flouncy like the sativa - but not anywhere as full on as no 20.

• Like 2

By the sound of things your getting some phenotype variance from this batch of testers  ;)

I dare say they are all keepers but has 1 or 2 plants stood out more than the rest mate?

Also, where about in the world are you located? Are you using light dep or is this your natural time of year for blooming plants? 

I only ask as we don't tent to see many outdoor plants that far into bloom here in the UK  ;)

Please keep the updates coming on this un-release HSO creation. So far I'm loving what I'm seeing and I'm sure Ras will be by to check this Grow out  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

On 10/05/2019 at 11:13 PM, Grover Sativa said:

One of those seed females (no. 5) if being flowered outdoors, by hand (ie I am putting her in a dark room between 8pm and 8 am, roughly then outdoors when sunny or in the heated greenhouse when raining or cold)

That's the answer to the light dep question  :yep:

You still look to be getting way more sun that I'm used to seeing at this time of year :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Hi Mark, I'm actually about 20+ miles North of London ... We have had a couple of good sunny weeks here but this week has been grey and crap. You can really see the difference a couple of really sunny days make to the progress.. You don't need an indoor set-up to grow and enjoy great strains of Cali weed.

There are only 3 plants that are really far into flower so far - 2 indoors (nos. 2 and 3) and the outdoor girl (no 5). All the rest are just starting to flower indoors now (including a clone of no 5.) 

No 3 really stands out for all characteristics - it has a great aroma (9.5/10), it has fantastic bag appeal (10/10), it has tons of beautiful resin and is a good yielder. In a SOG this plant would yield really really well. The buds are tight and glisten and the flower/leaf ratio is great. All that and it seems to have a quick finish, too (it is just starting to mature now but going fast.) So far it is a grower's dream but I haven't smoked it yet. Any plant that smells that good is going to taste special, though... but let's see. Having spent some time today getting to know it, I have really isolated the smells here, too (after much discussion with a good friend). The berry aromas are really becoming apparent in all 3, especially this one because it is sweeter. There is a pleasant strawberry thing going on but definitely fermented lemon,  lots of pine and hash, too. My friend is also blown away by the sheer quality of this plant!

No 2 has much hairier and fluffier and scruffier buds than no 3 but they look much fatter. It is definitely a big yielder. It needs to mature before any real judgement but truth is it doesn't quite have the bag appeal of no 3...it does, however, stink. It is a very similar smell to no 3 but the berry smell is actually really strong yet I almost didn't notice it because of the real sour lemon smell and gassy (almost kerosene) / piney aromas, too. They are so pungent and penetrating. Overall, the sourness makes the berry aroma more of a raspberry thing than sweet strawberry. It is a really really interesting aroma. One of the best. I hope the aromas translate into flavours but again, we'll see. This plant actually smells slightly stronger and more interesting than the other - aroma wise, the other is a 9.5 but this plant is a 10 all the way. 

No 5 smells like strawberries and wet earth but it is much more subtle. It looks good but not like no 3... It seems to be a nice plant and maybe has a great high (time will tell) but it is hard to look past no 3, really and no 2 get in for its astonishing sour raspberry and og kush aromas. Sheer joy.

Of the other 6 girls, there is that super sativa which really is of interest to me (no 20). Also, No 12 has started really well - it has the 'look' of no 3 at that stage but also seems to have a much more vigour - the branches are longer but maintain the same internode distance - so a lot more bud sites. It has potential for massive yields. The resin has appeared nice and early (just like no 3) so I really hope the similar aroma follows... time will tell. The other thing about no 12 is that she is one of those that really smells in veg. It is a strong and powerful smell that makes me hopeful. She was easily the smelliest plant in the vegging room. It was noticeable that if you brushed past it or picked it up it stank.That is usually a great sign.

The others are all kind of midway between the sativa and kush phenotypes they all look good so far but it is way too early for them to give away their secrets yet and no aromas.

But I am in love with no 3. I hope she has a great high (I know she will from her parentage) as she seems to already have everything else. 

I am really impressed - there are some solid breeding skills going on here - and those aromas of nos. 2 and 3 are just something else.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2

@Grover Sativa How many times have you ran this strain buddy?

Is this your 2nd round with the clones?

12 hours ago, Grover Sativa said:

I'm actually about 20+ miles North of London

I never would have guesses that. For some reason I thought you were somewhere oversees and warn lol

For the UK climate outdoors you look in fantastic shape :yep:

I know it's a long way of but if we do a 2020 outdoor grow competition then I would definitely consider entering  :bong:

Thanks for such a detailed write up mate. Much appreciated  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks Mark - that's very kind of you.

This is the first time I've run this strain but they didn't all go in at quite the same time and as well as that, I am running one plant outdoors and a cut of her indoors, which is next to seed plants - so it is a bit confusing. I haven't finished any yet but one is not too far away..

Thanks for the compliment RE the outdoor plant!..There is something about sunshine grown weed.. and it fits really well with my organic techniques so why not? Also, the light levels in late May/June/July/early August (even on overcast days..) are way higher than late August/Sep/Oct and it is warmer - it seems a shame not to take advantage of that. Light deprivation is the only way, really. I still do a natural cycle too but it is all in a heated greenhouse by then, really. It still works great, though - I extract the heat from my indoor grow into the greenhouse - waste not want not.

I dream of moving to South Oregon / North Cali one day but until then I will have to work with what I have got - UK weather!

Maybe I will enter the 2020 contest - if I haven't moved to Oregon by then !  (My little boy really wants to go, too - I have brainwashed him with my constant talk of how wonderful it would be and how nice mountains and forests and bears and wolves are! My wife is not so convinced.)

No probs with the grow-log - I enjoy them - taking the photos and describing the aromas and highs is great fun. I've done a fair few now, over the years...  it helps growers make better choices and encourages breeders to make great seeds. Win-win. 

Edited by Grover Sativa
spelling
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grover Sativa said:

I dream of moving to South Oregon / North Cali one day but until then I will have to work with what I have got - UK weather!

It's working well so far my friend  :yep:

Cali flowers in the UK sunshine, love it ;)

7 minutes ago, Grover Sativa said:

This is the first time I've run this strain but they didn't all go in at quite the same time and as well as that, I am running one plant outdoors and a cut of her indoors, which is next to seed plants - so it is a bit confusing. I haven't finished any yet but one is not too far away..

Thanks for clearing that up buddy :yep:

How far are you away from your first harvest of this strain?

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..