OK, I have harvested the first plant

She turned out real well.

The buds are rock hard - I mean you can put real pressure on those nugs.

The smells are sweet and dank and ever so slightly fruity and citric.. very nice. It is not overpowering until you break the resin glands a bit then it smells more. It is a lovely old skool smell.

The density of those buds means that I think there will be a real great yield on this plant.

A fine all-rounder but funnily enough not my favourite plant of the 4.

This plant was also the only one that got at all angry with me. The other 3 are calm and lush but this one chose to express her stress through the medium of foliar chromatic alteration - you may tell on some of the photos below. I am not sure why she got upset but it didn't seem to affect the flowers too much - they look and smell very nice and as you can see, the resin is great too.

Enjoy the photos below.

large.AVK6no9.jpglarge.AVK6no8.jpglarge.AVK6no7.jpglarge.AVK6no6.jpglarge.AVK6no2.jpglarge.AVK6no3.jpglarge.AVK6no4.jpglarge.AVK6no5.jpglarge.AVK6no19.jpglarge.AVK6no18.jpglarge.AVK6no17.jpglarge.AVK6no16.jpglarge.AVK6no15.jpglarge.AVK6no14.jpglarge.AVK6no13.jpglarge.AVK6no12.jpglarge.AVK6no11.jpglarge.AVK6no10.jpglarge.AVK6no1.jpg

• Like 4

The next plant is down. Plant no5.

It was the one with the biggest buds. I'm not sure if that mans the heaviest yield but I think it may do!

The buds are rock hard, yet again.

Resin is very good indeed

The aroma is lightly floral and sweet. If you use you imagination it is a bit like sherbet - the white or yellow one. What is that? Citric acid and sugar?

A great plant in almost all respects so far except that the smell should be more smelly. I like stench but then again, light when growing but curing into lovely would be the perfect way, i suppose. Let's wait and see.

Enjoy the photos below - she really is a pretty thing. Plump and pretty.

large.LVK5no9.jpglarge.LVK5no8.jpglarge.LVK5no7.jpglarge.LVK5no6.jpglarge.LVK5no2.jpglarge.LVK5no3.jpglarge.LVK5no4.jpglarge.LVK5no5.jpglarge.LVK5no16.jpglarge.LVK5no15.jpglarge.LVK5no14.jpglarge.LVK5no12.jpglarge.LVK5no11.jpglarge.LVK5no10.jpglarge.LVK5no1.jpg

• Like 4

These seeds are a mine of beautiful kush plants! I'm pleased with that plant (above) - very pleased.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 3

looking fire for sure. congrats on the cross. its a good hobby is seed making. happy smoking on them strawberry fire og. :smokin:

i took the gift of fire f2s to a f3 and the platinum yeti to a f4. i need to run them and complete my tester diary this summer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

looking fire for sure. congrats on the cross. its a good hobby is seed making. happy smoking on them strawberry fire og. :smokin:

i took the gift of fire f2s to a f3 and the platinum yeti to a f4. i need to run them and complete my tester diary this summer. 

I saw! Good effort, too. You are ahead of me slightly! I may tap you for genetics when my line loses vigour.. it is a great hobby, though..

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

I totally forgot about the Platinum yeti and the GOF ;)

How did you get on with them buddy ;)

21 hours ago, Grover Sativa said:

These seeds are a mine of beautiful kush plants! I'm pleased with that plant (above) - very pleased.

Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done mate  :headbang:

Fire looking cross that looks to yield extremely well  :bong:

You should be very proud of this creation  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

@Grover Sativa:yep:

@HSO-Mark i got on well with the gift of fire, they grew very kush like, simular to these strawberry fire og grover sativa has growing. 8 weeker's one went 9. the p/yeti was a 9 weeker, i left the buds to cure a few months, and the gof f2 was very rubbery like but with that gassy funkiness, the best smelling girl i dusted some male pollen on, and the only girl i had from the platinum yeti, got a dusting too. only got about 10 seeds from each tho. but i still have a few of the original gift of fire f2s and i think about 3 p/yeti. s, so i will be getting them cracked this spring, i need a new camera first for pics, im looking out for one now, so i can get back on the ball. as ive got a few outdoor comps going, plus my indoor 1.2 tent multistrain grow. :skin_up:

• Like 2

On 01/03/2020 at 11:01 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

@Grover Sativa:yep:

@HSO-Mark i got on well with the gift of fire, they grew very kush like, simular to these strawberry fire og grover sativa has growing. 8 weeker's one went 9. the p/yeti was a 9 weeker, i left the buds to cure a few months, and the gof f2 was very rubbery like but with that gassy funkiness, the best smelling girl i dusted some male pollen on, and the only girl i had from the platinum yeti, got a dusting too. only got about 10 seeds from each tho. but i still have a few of the original gift of fire f2s and i think about 3 p/yeti. s, so i will be getting them cracked this spring, i need a new camera first for pics, im looking out for one now, so i can get back on the ball. as ive got a few outdoor comps going, plus my indoor 1.2 tent multistrain grow. :skin_up:

outdoor comps? that sounds interesting.

The drying/curing plants are indeed stinking up with each passing day. Both are smelly now.

I am just getting to the end of my persy from the outdoor from last autumn now. It is so cured it is hellishly strong. I hate weed that is too cured. It is just too strong for me!

Strong weed is great when you feel great but these weeks between my Dad's birthday and the date he died are just shit for me. He would have been 80 the other day. Strong weed is so unhelpful - I just go around causing trouble. You should see how many people are angry with me on the Brexit thread! It is no surprise - most of what they say is fair but I am like a cat amongst the pigeons - challenging views, offering alternative ideas, defending the latest 'bogeymen' (in the case Brexiteers) but worse spouting stoned shit - saying whatever raises the most hackles and don't worry if it is true, or even makes sense) and waffling on, hehe...you may have noticed I can spout a lot of shit when I am stoned. (Still, it feel like quite a bitter place, Remainer-land. I thought I may cheer them up a bit. To be fair - it could have gone better. In fact, it did NOT go well at all!!! I may have to take a good hard look at myself but that thread is like one of those echo chambers of anger. it is not healthy.)

I am only really happy when I am on my motorbike these last weeks. I spend all day just riding around the country lanes, seeing how fast I can make the corners or how many cars I can overtake. It is not going to end well but on the bike you don't think about much else but the ride. Let's hope I get through this period and feel a bit better next week or so...maybe I will think about entering one of those outdoor comps. One thing I do well is grow weed outdoors and in the greenhouse. That may help me focus my mind.

There is definitely a place for a milder, happier, kinder weed. I may take a look at some of those old mexican sativa strains that I used to love attempting (and invariably failing!) or there was a Guatemalan that Ace do that is strawberry, mild and happy.

I may have to stop troublemaking and smoke less of this over-cured weed. Doesn't seem fun, though.

Dude, I may have to think if it would help if I get a proper job, one that earns money (unlike farming)

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grover Sativa said:

Dude, I may have to think if it would help if I get a proper job, 

sorry. don't know what came over me. crazy thought.

• Like 1

So, here is the first plant I had from those seeds.

Everything about it so far says upmost quality. Every aspect of this plant is just oozing joy.

You can't see it because of the flash but the resin glands are 100% white. They cover everything, even the stigmas look white. At a glance it looks like the plant is still going strong then you realise it is resin and the stigma beneath is quite dead. It looks like it has been snowed on. That is why my friends prefer Snow-G Kush to The Lee Valley Kush. You can never please some people and everyone is a bloody critic but so be it. The Snow-G Kush. they just don't see The Lee Vally as exotic like San Fernando Valley - but that is only because they live here. I have been to The Valley - it is not THAT much better than Lee Valley.......OK, maybe  it is a bit better.....a lot better......damn it.

The flower quality is uppermost. The flower to leaf ration - well, you can see that. The buds are dense dense dense. Each individual bract is a swollen ball of resinous joy that can be seen and enjoyed in it's own merit.

Obviously she is one of the prettiest plants with that amazing bronze colour of the leaves and the snow covered colas of thick sticky flowers going right down the stem.

The yield is fantastic (for a kush plant) because the flower clusters at the bottom of the colas are just as good of a quality as the ones at the top. Added to the dense buds and the vigour (this plant went in quite small) and you have a very commercial quality yield. This plant has been fed organically all its life and I have given her just rain water for about 4 weeks now. If you are to pump her up or grow her in a hydro set-up you may find she is even more giving - though when done right organic yields very much approach (though not exceed) those of hydro grows - just much slower!!

and as for the aroma. I don't know where to begin on this. this is the reason the other 3 plants were not selected. It is as good an aroma as I have ever experienced in kush. The perfect mix of sweetness and intense citrus and very pungent. It is one of those where when you smell it and walk away you still have the stench of lemon and hash in your nose for ages. If you feel that you can't make out the smell over the general pong in the garden and foolishly rub some resin from a leaf blade you will get home to the wife and kids and regret it with smelly and sticky fingers!

So, I still have to dry and cure her and experience the smoke but so far so fucking good. How can a plant that smells so good be anything but a lovely smoke? Let's see. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait.

large.snow-g9.jpglarge.snow-g8.jpglarge.snow-g7.jpglarge.snow-g6.jpglarge.snow-g2.jpglarge.snow-g3.jpglarge.snow-g4.jpglarge.snow-g5.jpglarge.snow-g12.jpglarge.snow-g11.jpglarge.snow-g10.jpglarge.snow-g1.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Grover Sativa said:

I am only really happy when I am on my motorbike these last weeks. I spend all day just riding around the country lanes, seeing how fast I can make the corners or how many cars I can overtake. It is not going to end well but on the bike you don't think about much else but the ride. Let's hope I get through this period and feel a bit better next week or so...maybe I will think about entering one of those outdoor comps. One thing I do well is grow weed outdoors and in the greenhouse. That may help me focus my mind.

dude, i wish i still had my bike, only thing i dont miss is the lorry drivers almost killing me. i feel much safer in a car, but dont get that rush that a bike gives. :yinyang:

be carefull tho mate, yeah get onto the outdoor comps, panik is doing a real gorilla seed 1 too, you being a outdoor grower , itl be somthing you can get your head into, and forget stress. roll on spring hey. lol 

your pics above, them buds look nice, as you say. loads of resin on them. :smokin:

• Like 2

On 05/03/2020 at 5:21 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

dude, i wish i still had my bike, only thing i dont miss is the lorry drivers almost killing me. i feel much safer in a car, but dont get that rush that a bike gives. :yinyang:

be carefull tho mate, yeah get onto the outdoor comps, panik is doing a real gorilla seed 1 too, you being a outdoor grower , itl be somthing you can get your head into, and forget stress. roll on spring hey. lol 

your pics above, them buds look nice, as you say. loads of resin on them. :smokin:

haha - those lorries though!

I'm already planing my outdoors this year. I may squeeze out a 'spring special' in the greenhouse right now... I may have some spare plants vegging..it'll give me something to do.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So, I hope everyone is enjoying lockdown. Shit, isn't it? We'll get through it - in the meantime, I have grown out some more females from this f1.

All the plants have lovely buds. Tight and glistening with resin. Almost all are very large yielders. The bag appeal is almost universally spectacular. In those respects, the cross is perfect.

There are just 2 phenotypes, really. A kushy one and and Affie one. The Affie grows a little larger and yields a little more but the kush type plants have better aromas.

now that I have spent some time with about 15 females I can almost guarantee either an Afghani type plant with a large cola and large satellites or a very similar shaped plant with large round kushy nugs.

I have also had some time to get over the initial excitement and realise the negative sides of the cross.

BUT

Of the 15 females so far the smells are almost universal except one. Funnily enough the very first one. That smell is a berry/lemon aroma that sometimes comes across as unripe mangoes BUT it is just too light. Especially on the Afghani type phenos. I like a penetrating aroma not some pussy light aroma. Some of the kushy ones smell a little stronger, with more berries and less lemon but it is still too light. The first girl, however, is an absolute joy where terpenes are concerned. It is still berries and lemon but it is much more aromatic and penetrating and a deeper, richer blend of terpenes. She smells strong and sweet and fantastic - and is the only one so far like that. Because she was the first I thought that maybe a few would be like that. This breeding is harder than I thought, after all!!

The tastes are gassy and sweet - like all modern kushes. To be honest I have decided that is bit boring for me but it is what is in fashion right now.

The high is kinder and happy, from the strawberry surprise, and pleasantly relaxing. It is strong but you can have 2 joints before things start to go south... and it is not couch lock so much as couch comfortable... it is relaxing without being narcotic. To be honest, I don't like indica and especially not the modern hybrids. I have recently given them up altogether because they just give me a headache and make me feel drowsy. that is just illness, isn't it? This is a pleasant smoke, though. I still avoid it though, and smoke the Jamaican sativa hybrid instead. It is much better. Infinitely so. This is just a commercial strain or one for younger smokers who smoke with their eyes.

In summary + Looks amazing. Great yield. Utterly stable f1. Great resin production. Quick to flower for such large yielder (8/9 weeks). Easy to grow. Very kind and relaxing stone. Sweet taste and smoke. Cures quickly.

- Mild aromas whilst growing (although in some cases that is a very good thing...). Same old 'gassy' flavour. Dull high of a modern Californian kush hybrid.

* That very first plant smashes all the others for aromas and depth of terpenes. It has a better flavour, too, though still gassy. It also has a happier/smilier stone, not quite as physically relaxing.

The plants seem more expressive when grown in the sunshine rather than under lights. The flower bracts are longer, like tiny little fingers.It is more interesting but the plants are better for eye-candy when grown indoors.

After 14 females in a row all the same and none as good as the first one, I think I have planted what I need to plant to get a good understanding of this cross. It has worked better than I ever thought and I have great commercial strain but like so many indica strains, quality goes down as yield goes up. The terpenes profile is really what you get a lot nowadays - very light and only faintly smelling of whatever the weed is named after. If I was a Californian hype-merchant I would probably call this something like 'Mango berry smoothie' It is a bit like that, I suppose. Great bag appeal. You could sell this all day long. Not enough for me, though. I prefer a deeper, more penetrating terpene profile and a far more interesting 'sativa' high. My younger smoking buddy loves it. Thank Gosh that I kept a cut of that first plant.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 2