Hello UK420,

I was recently lucky enough to be given about 90 tester seeds by a friend. He said they were from HSO - he is a good friend of one of them (Eric, I think.)

The deal was that I would pass him cuts from any selected mothers I found. Fair enough - I am good for my word.

Apparently the seeds are F1s - Strawberry Surprise X Gift of Fire.I am not sure if this can be verified here? Maybe!

I call the cross "Strawberry Fire OG" in the absence of a real name so far. (Well, when not referring to it as SSxGoF F1, that is..)

Also, I am not sure of the intentions with this line. Another friend believes that if the line works as regs then HSO will finalise the cross with 2 females, for a feminised version to release, This sounds feasible, I suppose, Time will tell.

I hope he is right as this means that the regular version won't be released, which makes my seeds more unique!

My plan is to work out the different phenos and find some great examples from each of those phenos for mothers. The second best (ahem) of those mothers will be shared with my friend, as promised and any other great females I find will be used for various projects (see below) and to fill my own medicine cabinet and head-stash.

If the line a very good then I will outcross the best of each phenotype to some pure haze males for seed stash as I am low on haze hybrids and I have some good haze male potential (including a real purpley/fruity kind of thing going on) that I want to test cross to an OG hybrid and this seems like a great one to use.

I also want to inbreed my females to a selection of SSxGoF F1 males (as many as I can) to create F2s, in case this line is never made with regs again. After that? who knows! depends...

Also, I am on the lookout for a really tasty medicinal plant from this line as I have some very ill friends who rely on my medicine and would really love a strawberry version of OG kush to help them with their various ailments (including grand mal fits, various uses for various cancers, menopause, arthritis, extreme care-giver stress, depression and as an alternative to alcohol for an addictive personality..amongst other things)  I am not sure how I have come to be the sole medicine provider for all these very wonderful people who would otherwise be suffering. It really should be legal for them to be able to buy or grow their own medicine and not rely on the good will of farmers like myself, who are willing to give up on commercial energy in order to provide free medicine to those who can't get it themselves. Still, if you are one of those farmers, like I am, keep going for as long as you can. Some of the poor souls who rely on my medicine really are in stressful or extreme situations. If they can keep going - I know I can..

Anyway - back to the plant...

So far I have planted out the first batch of seeds and found 9 females, 8 of which I have kept os mothers (and 1 which I managed to fuck up the clones of. I hope it is the worst one or a re-veg will have to be performed.... There were as many males, which I didn't keep (that will come later)

The mothers are clones, mainly, as I ended up flowering the seed mothers once the clones rooted (all but 3 which I am still waiting on the clones to root...should be any day now.) 

One of those seed females (no. 5) if being flowered outdoors, by hand (ie I am putting her in a dark room between 8pm and 8 am, roughly then outdoors when sunny or in the heated greenhouse when raining or cold) and is doing really well so far. It is large and has small flower clusters forming. No smells or resin yet. She looks to be more on the Strawberry Surprise side than any of the other females and has the least kushy 'look' about her - although there is definitely still kush in there.

Two are under lights and well into the flowering cycle now (nos. 2 and 3.) The flower clusters and turning into chunky little buds. Resin is starting to form and both plants stink to high heaven. One is very much an OG Kush style bag appeal having mother fucker ( no. 3) and the other is not quite so neat and tidy but still very much on a kush tip (no. 2), just slightly more towards to Strawberry Surprise side than no 3..

There are other seed females under the HPS lights but they are not yet flowering as they have only been in for between about 1 and 4 days so far.

The plants stretch about as much as you would expect with kush and the more on the side of the Strawberry Surprise, the stretchier and slightly less indica-like the plant becomes - but always on a kush vibe, really. All the plants, both the ones still vegging or the ones just flipped or the ones now flowering properly are very much on the kush side. Maybe the one I chose to flower outdoors was the least kushy (no. 5) and not quite straight out Kush - but the others are (to one extent or another.)

I will post photos when I can be fucked, so that you know what I mean - also, so you can see the flowers forming and resin starting to accumulate. It is a shame you can't post smells on here as this plant is smelly. Easily holding their own with the Skunk that they are in the room with (my own cross of various US skunks, which is smelly and skunk and fairly fruity and floral in a nasty kind of way but not managing to overpower those 2 Strawberry Fire OG Kushes!!!)

The 2 smelly flowering SFOG plants (so far) are not of quite the same phenotype, as I stated, and their smells are not quite the same but really quite equally pungent. they are not totally different at all but i haven't yet pinpointed either as there are a lot of other aromas going on in that room and I need to harvest a couple of nearly finished plants (that Skunk plant and a fruity Three Blue Kings...) before concentrating on what those 2 smell of.

I am sure that the outdoors girl (no. 5) will start to produce resin soon and I will be able to discern some aromas from her too. She is not so kushy and I wonder if her aromas are going to be sweeter and further towards the Strawberry side. I do hope so! Time will tell. She seems to be loving the outdoor / greenhouse things and looks a picture of health.

All my plants are organically grown. If you would like to know how or have other questions then ask away! I have been growing so many years (now decades) and have tried so many ways. They can all be successful but organic is easily the best way for flavour and the most fun and rewarding and provides the best quality flowers, in terms of health IMO - no nasties. get it right and the yields can be rewarding too.

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 3

no 17 was a seed mother but I have rooted clones now and rather than wait for them to grow, I will flower this seed mother and replace her with a clone...

large.SFOG17momseed.jpg

after haircut

large.SFOG17haircut2.jpglarge.SFOG17haircut.jpg

and a repot

large.SFOG17repot.jpglarge.SFOG17repot2.jpg

• Like 8

a clone of no 12, vegging in the greenhouse

large.SFOG12b.jpg

large.SFOG12outdoorcut.jpglarge.SFOG12c.jpg

It is actually very sunny today so she is now out of the greenhouse and catching some rays!!

Edited by Grover Sativa
  • Like 6

@Grover Sativa This does sound like one of our unreleased tests strains created by "Ras" truth  ;) aka Eric  :yep:

I will reach out to out stateside team for more info on this cross. I know gift of fire quite well but I'm unfamiliar with Strawberry surprise :)

I'll get more info and post back as soon as I do ;)

Until then please keep the updates coming my friend on this unreleased emerald triangle treasure  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks Mark,

That would be great!

I will keep up the growlog - so far the Strawberry Fire OG has been an absolute pleasure.

Grover Sativa

• Like 2

On 15/05/2019 at 11:48 PM, Grover Sativa said:

Thanks Mark,

That would be great!

I will keep up the growlog - so far the Strawberry Fire OG has been an absolute pleasure.

Grover Sativa

I'll get back to you with some info buddy I'm just trying to reach Ras the creator now :yep:

Will post in here when I know more my friend  :bong: and yes, please keep the updates on the Strawberry surprise x Gift of fire coming in  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

No problems. In the meantime here are some updates ...

Plant 2:

The buds are starting to swell up nicely. The smell is a bit funky and pleasant.

large_2b.jpglarge_2a.jpg

• Like 3

Here is plant no 3.

So far this plant looks fantastic (RE Bag Appeal) and is covered in resin. The flowers are much tighter than plant no 2 and this makes them look a little smaller but much neater.

The aroma is starting to get much sweeter now than it was before. Lovely!

This plant is way over on the side of the Gift of Fire OG.

large_3i.jpglarge_3h.jpglarge_3g.jpglarge_3f.jpglarge_3e.jpglarge_3d.jpglarge_3c.jpglarge_3b.jpglarge_3a.jpg

• Like 5

Here is no 9. It is just starting to flower.

This plant has some stretch and seems to be a good midway phenotype.

It looks good as a multi-branch plant

large.4.jpg

• Like 3

This plant has only just gone in but already you can see that it does NOT like being topped. (If you can make it out amongst the jungle background...) It clearly wants to be a single stem plant - like all good modern OG Kush hybrids. 1 solid stem which can hold a FAT cola at the top and no smaller satellites. Superb for SOG setups.

I am going to keep a VERY close eye on this one as this is a very very modern style OG Kush. I hope the flower quality is good.

large.5.jpg

• Like 3

Here you can see this plant is very stretchy and bushy. I have already had to give it several prunes at the bottom and in the middle to keep it from getting overcrowded. It looks very sativa. It is the most on the side of the Strawberry Surprise of all of the plants (with 1 other about the same)

It is good to get 2 distinct phenotypes for variety and selection. I will keep the best plants from each pheno for inbreeding to F2 (and maybe beyond..) with 3 or 4 of the best males (to keep phenotypic variation in the offspring and prevent any bottlenecking...)

large_20.jpg

• Like 3