Wedding Cake and Zkittlez not being released.

Dinafem-Mark

Just now, Rampa Green said:

Surely “Affair dessert”  comes before divorce gateau 

Or ‘cake on the side’ lol 

• Like 2

Just now, tooting said:

Someone has actually stopped you stealing genetics are reselling them as your own? Progress! 

Yea all the other seed breeders make there strains from scratch lol every seed is hijacked from someone else’s work, the good breeders acknowledge the origin imo. 

7 minutes ago, nl5 said:

Yea all the other seed breeders make there strains from scratch lol every seed is hijacked from someone else’s work, the good breeders acknowledge the origin imo. 

Old-timers work in made from plants selected by him over years. Neville collected seeds across the globe and made new strains. Even the glorified hackers that make up most of the (in)breeders in the USA make more effort than this.

I’m sure the clone was given to dinafem, not stolen.  Mark, I hope you wore your balaclava during this clone heist 

Just now, tooting said:

Old-timers work in made from plants selected by him over years. Neville collected seeds across the globe and made new strains. Even the glorified hackers that make up most of the (in)breeders in the USA make more effort than this.

Smile was created with a clone of Camden poison, which ot1 doesn’t know a great deal of its history x with a plant he called Celia.  Doesn’t make him a thief or does it?  I’d say no 

Just now, tooting said:

I’m pretty sure if you ask ot1 he’ll tell you his work was for the love of the plant not monetary, the original breeders of these American strains used bagseed from who knows what and sell them for hundreds a pack, there the 1s in the wrong if anyone is imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Rampa Green said:

Smile was created with a clone of Camden poison, which ot1 doesn’t know a great deal of its history x with a plant he called Celia.  Doesn’t make him a thief or does it?  I’d say no 

lol as if that's the same thing. I know how Smile was created as well as the man can recall. Years of work and selection almost entirely via him. There's a difference between using ingredients to make your own cake and reselling a finished cake some else made that you sprayed silver on and resold. Have they ever actually made anything? 

Just now, nl5 said:

I’m pretty sure if you ask ot1 he’ll tell you his work was for the love of the plant not monetary, the original breeders of these American strains used bagseed from who knows what and sell them for hundreds a pack, there the 1s in the wrong if anyone is imo.

I never speculated on *why* he did it but I'm sure you're correct there. What value to the community does selfing these clones and selling them as if they're the real thing provide. They're not anyway as I'm sure you're aware, an S1 is rarely a good representation of the original strain just look at fems version of Cheese. Nothing like it any of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, tooting said:

I never speculated on *why* he did it but I'm sure you're correct there. What value to the community does selfing these clones and selling them as if they're the real thing provide. They're not anyway as I'm sure you're aware, an S1 is rarely a good representation of the original strain just look at fems version of Cheese. Nothing like it any of them. 

The American strains are full of hermie traits aswel, the whole lot belong in the bin far as I’m concerned.

Just now, nl5 said:

The American strains are full of hermie traits aswel, the whole lot belong in the bin far as I’m concerned.

My favourite clone is American. It's stable enough in my room, but quite possibly seeds from the same pack aren't, this isn't in different conditions. I agree basically though, most of them aren't really breeding they're just hacking on a larger scale. 

With decent company’s, Even selfed plants would get some kind of selection and back crossing.  But imo you are correct with regards to the strain names, I would choose a variant name even without patents involved.  Unlike big Buddha who thought he should own the name cheese lol.  Cheese was never selfed, it was crossed with a male afghani in most cases due to infertile pollen and many companies lied about that.

Edited by Rampa Green