Happyeccentrics 2019 grow diary

Happyeccentric

@Redrum3  my bubba kush was 95% snapped near the very bottom of plant and remarkably it hasn't wilted so theres hope.  Seems hardy wee plants so may the godesses of luck shine upon you.

I was looking at my plants today and whatever was eating them has disappeared now and they are remarkable the way they have fought back.   I'll not know for sure about the kush until the weekend but it's looking good.

@Dinafem-Mark sorry to hear you having no luck.  I have my last 3 wwxxl seeds just germing now and will get them the 12 inches before the go out...

• Like 3

Ok so another wee update.   My bubba kush with the.stem chewed almost through seems to be pulling through.   Heres the white widow I snapped in half.  large.20190621_115746-756x1008.jpg

The top half died and could be readded but remaining plant looks boss

Now this is weird...when I was germinating my final 3 wwxxl seeds I noticed that the bubba kush seed that was in my germination tin from 3 weeks earlier was starting to split....so I paper towels it and it took about a week but this happened large.20190621_114204-756x1008.jpg

Given that this seed is like a miracle and I thought I was only going to have 2 plants as 3 hadn't germed due to my beginner ways I'm going to get this in soil as soon as tap root gets a little larger and it's going to be called Jesus as it's a miracle seed germing after I had writ it off .  I wonder if this bubba kush strain likes more heat for germing?

• Like 7

So heres a little update.  My bubba kush that was almost chewed through has made a come back.  Its outgrown the cold frame so I've had to lift off the lid.  I considered some lst to keep the lid on longer but given it was already nearly chewed through I'm unsure if that's a bit risky so the top is off the cold frame for nowlarge.20190623_123154-756x1008.jpglarge.20190623_123004-756x1008.jpg

The white widow xxl is making a come back from whatever has been chewing it but as is only a few weeks old its alot smaller so still have the glass over that bitlarge.20190623_123015-756x1008.jpglarge.20190623_123012-756x1008.jpg

I've got a few weeds in there so I'll get in there with my hoe next weekend

• Like 7

Forgot to say out of the remaining seeds I had I have 2 wwxxl just came up above soils and hoping for the third one soon.   I'm falling Marks advice and they are under a light at the moment 

• Like 3

Greenhouse update now as the cold frame was updated yesterday heres my sexy two wwxxl planted last week. Had to pot them up already large.20190624_185630-756x1008.jpg

Heres my bubba kush trying out a new airport thing I got for 3 quid on fleabay.   I've started using perelite now and it's making me think I'm Charlie dimmock herself.   Bubba kush looks lovely and since I killed most of them I now have one in the greenhouse and one in the cold framelarge.20190624_183940-756x1008.jpg

And heres a pic of that white widow xxl that I managed to snap in half and shes recovered like the best of beaten wives and now has four rather sturdy branches and isn't wilting at all 

large.20190624_185638-756x1008.jpg

• Like 9

Looks like you have 6 main colas on the wwxxl (last pic)

You couldnt have done better if you had lst'd it. 'cept its not gonna be a XXL I suspect.

If it was me I'd remove that little leaves close to the compost. It'll be a magnet for pests.

Turn it part way round so as the canopy grows up even and maintain airflow in this muggy weather.

Turned out alright so far.

Intrested to see how the airpot experiment goes though.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

You couldnt have done better if you had lst'd it. 'cept its not gonna be a XXL I suspect.

I was thinking that myself mate, perfect "accidental topping" ;)

She's made a great recovery and starting to flower at a steady pace  :yep:

2 White widow XXL auto repotted and I would not do another repot, perfect how they are ;)

Nice to see you experimenting with the Air-pots  ;)

You will find you'll be watering a little more frequent and you could also put the air-pot onto a grow bag as the roots could then grow through the bottom ;)

If not use a saucer as those roots will force through the air-pot and into soil if you don't use a saucer  :yep:

Looking good from here  ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Well good news and bad news.  The bubba kush in the airpot is slowly growing in been giving it some shogun start and growers arc root tonic

I see the recommendation of the saucer or grow bag...I do have a saucer but I think I'll replace with a grow bag when the roots get that far

macdonalds cup for perspectivelarge.20190630_141615-756x1008.jpglarge.20190630_141949-756x1008.jpg

So the white widow xxl that I accidentally snapped in half has had some tomato fertiliser and growers arc root stim   shes sprouted mentally lately.   I'm unsure if she is starting to flower.  Due to shelving in the greenhouse my biggest issue with her is finding somewhere she doesn't touch the glass at the rooflarge.20190630_141636-756x1008.jpglarge.20190630_141718-756x1008.jpg

Any tips on her?

Next we have the dinafem coldframe.  This is where the bad news is.  The bubba kush in there reached the glass so I moved it...I took all the glass off today to hoe for weeds and water....and the bubba kush snapped again large.20190630_140820-756x1008.jpglarge.20190630_140822-756x1008.jpg

I've learned from you guys before if that happens to immediately tape and stesk so I did.

I have two white widow xxls in there that have hardly grown at all they are sover 4 weeks old and tiny but I have learned that white widow xxls tend to so that and then go nuts just before flowering.  Heres my coldframe with my tiny wwxxl and my broken bubba kush.   I have two more wwxxl to go in there but they are only a week or so old so I'm giving them more time before they go in the cold frame

large.20190630_141554-756x1008.jpglarge.20190630_141602-756x1008.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you @stayup4ever I am pleased with her recovery I just hope you have the same with your wwxxl ...I suspect my bubba kush may be irreparable now but time will tell 

• Like 4

By the look of things. White widow auto is definitely in bloom now mate :yep: , do you have anyway of dropping the pot down or is she already as low as she can go?

If not is it an option to take her out of the greenhouse into your garden? 

She's recovered great :yep:

Well done mate ;)

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

On 30/06/2019 at 4:12 PM, Happyeccentric said:

I've learned from you guys before if that happens to immediately tape and stesk so I did.

Your not having the best of luck with that Bubba Kush Auto plant mate, fingers crossed for a quick recovery  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

By the look of things. White widow auto is definitely in bloom now mate :yep: , do you have anyway of dropping the pot down or is she already as low as she can go?

If not is it an option to take her out of the greenhouse into your garden? 

She's recovered great :yep:

Well done mate ;)

Mark..

Yes I can take her out the greenhouse  but weather is very odd here at the moment.  I can put her on the floor in the middle but she may not get as much light.  I might build a new lower shelf ....yeah the bubba kush has had alot of bad luck but I have another in the airpot so I'll be very careful with her 

Thanks for telling me ww starting to bloom.  How long does she flower for?  That's so exciting.  The smell is masked so far no probs by the tomatoes 

• Like 3

Just now, Happyeccentric said:

Thanks for telling me ww starting to bloom.  How long does she flower for? 

Your looking at around 6-7 weeks from now until harvest my friend  :yep:

She's definitely on the way now ;)

Mark..

• Like 3

Thank you.  My coldframe babies are nor doing too amazing  .  I think that the bubba kush has wilted beyond repair and the two ww xxl seem quite small 

However in the greenhouse is a different story and the white widow I decapitated earlier in the grown is  huge and beginning to stink and the bubba kush seems to be growing fast in its airpot

• Like 3