Happyeccentrics 2019 grow diary

Happyeccentric

Hi.  @Dinafem-Mark has kindly said that I can join in so I am doing lots of prep.   I am a complete newbie and my first grow but in any competition someone has to come last and maybe watching you more experienced people and doing it alongside you will spur me on.  In preparation for joining in I have sent my subscription away so I can post photos better and researched seeds and as a beginner in Scottish weather the white widow xxl by dinafem sounds like what I need.  I have cleaned out my greenhouse and have a lovely hidden area behind it like a coldframe so will research best soils and Do my digging this weekend.   The place I ordered seeds from before had ran out of xxx white widows so I have a few days to look around or wait on them coming back in stock.   I have a ak47 and quick one on my windowsill already so at least I know how to germinate now.  I also have access to some private land I am thinking of planting on away from the house if I get too worried about smell.  I am totally winging it...I don't know how to sex, how to tell when ready to harvest, how to harvest and dry or check for mould or cure....but that's ok as I'm doing it alongside some of you more experienced guys and will do lots of reading and watching and learn.  I heard these seeds are good for beginners

• Like 8

Good luck dude, with a solid diary & decent pictures I’m sure you’ll get plenty of responses for any specific grow questions or issues you have or run in to. 

• Like 4

Thanks.  My subscriptions been posted and my seeds are on their way.   I can't wait to get germinating 

• Like 2

I'm having a little trouble uploading pics.  I have read the info on site but I keep being told that my file sizes are too big even when I put my phone camera to the smallest amount of pixels.   I am hoping once my subscription is processed and I am a proper subscriber it will let me.upload better pics.  Meantime here is the best pii could upload large.15526646946137774337640258717017.jpgof the secret coldframe behind my greenhouse.  As you can see it's bogging,  hasn't been used in years and needs dug over.  I have access to unlimited horse manure so may dig some in.  

• Like 2

Not sure if you've tried already.. but I used a pic resizer website to limit their size, hope it helps.

Good luck with the grow buddy 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Thanks I'll have a Google 

You should be able to find a picture resizer via the play store or Apple store depending on what device your on :yep:

I think the site limit is around 1mb/picture uploaded  ;)

White widow auto xxl and White widow auto are both excellent strains for the UK climate outdoors  ;)

Let's see how they fair way up north in Scotland  :yep:

Thank you for deciding to document your grow on UK420, this should be one fun season  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 14/03/2019 at 0:13 PM, Happyeccentric said:

I am totally winging it...I don't know how to sex, how to tell when ready to harvest, how to harvest and dry or check for mould or cure...

You'll get plenty of help from both the UK420 community and myself :yep:

One bonus with our seeds is you will not need to "sex" the plants as we only make feminized or female seeds :bong:

The growing, drying and curing we can help you with ;) along with your friends who will be helping, you'll do fine ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks so much.  The seeds I ordered arrives this morning so feeling good and that's great I don't need to sex these seedslarge.15529971539936007895831264593811.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Happyeccentric Nice to see your order arrived safe and sound mate :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

I was thinking of holding off germination for a few weeks since they will go outdoors but I'm pleased they are here.  I have subscribed as well so hopefully i can upload better pics now too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2019 at 7:49 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'm glad I held off on germinating my seeds as there is snow today and I have managed to murder the two on my windowsill.   It's so hard to hold off when I have them seeds burning a hole in my pocket.  Do you guys think the three seeds I invested in will be enough for my big coldframe or should I buy more and if so what variety?

• Like 2

On 03/04/2019 at 3:03 PM, Happyeccentric said:

Do you guys think the three seeds I invested in will be enough for my big coldframe or should I buy more and if so what variety?

What size is the coldframe mate?

I'm thinking you could easily fit 4-6 plant's in that space. Just judging from the picture  ;)

I would hold of a few more weeks if you can buddy. Most auto growers start late April through late June early July. We have had some started in August with good results to ;)

Personally I would start later April then that will give May and June with a late July finish :yep:

Should work out perfect  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

You may be right I probably could fit more plants than three.  I need to think about that as it's pretty big x

• Like 2