Happyeccentrics 2019 grow diary

Happyeccentric

That's great they might come yet.  I think I'll germinate more just in case lol

• Like 3

My wwxxl haven't came through yet so I've popped some bubba kush in water and they are now going in kitchen roll. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

My wwxxl haven't came through yet so I've popped some bubba kush in water and they are now going in kitchen roll. 

We have some Bubba Kush on the go....be good to make a comparison

ours are very slow going at the moment, even with the root stim....doing ok though

• Like 3

Well I'm delighted to say that 3 out of 3 bubba kush started have tap roots.  I have put them in jiffy plugs.  I have used the lessons learned the last time and I made sure seeds were totally covered in soil.  I have put a bottle end over them and under the light.  I have also posted up the wwxxl that survived as the roots were coming out the side of the pluglarge.Screenshot_20190506-122124_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190506-122117_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190506-122111_Gallery.jpg

• Like 6

Nice start with the Bubba autos, I hope they do well for you.

I had a nice pheno the other year which was very resinous and yielded well for a guerrilla grown auto.

Best of luck :yep:

• Like 4

Thanks @jadenugsI'm glad I got Mark at dinafem to pick the strains has he has alot better idea what's suitable for my situation that I do.

@beezee your eagle eyes are right again and it is in a very small pot.  The thinking behind it was that it's just for a couple weeks until I out it in the cold frame but maybe I should pot up into a 10l now so I have the option of coldframe or green house.  My tomatoes and cucumbers are proper massive now so I could hide almost anything in there right now and the seasons still early 

• Like 3

You really don't want to disturb the roots of autos, it can knock them back on their limited veg time. I'd pull it out and go for the large pot asap ;)

• Like 3

As Beezee said.

Take a good trowel full out so you don't disturb the roots if they've started growing out of the jiffy plug into the compost. Slide it in carefully to a pre made hole in the compost of your bigger pot and fill in around it before removing the trowel :yep:

• Like 3

On 03/05/2019 at 4:21 PM, Happyeccentric said:

So the two ones I was hoping to come up haven't yet shown so I may have murdered them but still crossing my fingers.  It's clearly my mistakes and not the seeds as the one that did come up has bad ass roots coming out of the jiffyplug already.   @beezeeare your two wwxxl popped up yet that were lagging? large.Screenshot_20190503-160140_Gallery.jpg

Is that a twin mate or just how the pictures was taken?

We don't tend to have many issue with our White widow XXL auto, do you have more seed to try again my friend? 

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jadenugs said:

As Beezee said.

Take a good trowel full out so you don't disturb the roots if they've started growing out of the jiffy plug into the compost. Slide it in carefully to a pre made hole in the compost of your bigger pot and fill in around it before removing the trowel :yep:

Good call boys @beezee @jadenugs:bong:

@Happyeccentric Glad you had the Bubba kush auto as back up mate and great to read that you've had no germination issues with this strain :)

Once the Bubba are through I would pick your finish pots, ideally over 10l as suggested and plant direct. This way the babies are in the finish pots right from the start. This way your not disturbing the root zone ;) which will slow growth and then production. 

Thanks for the weekly update mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks all,  I will definitely be taking the advice on board and get that wwxxl potted carefully up into a 10l pot.  I do have another 5 wwxxl that you send me @Dinafem-Markso I will still have some the 3 I germinated were ones I bought before so I will still have plenty wwxxl magic to come with any luck.  I'm fairly sure it wasn't the seeds but the problem that @beezee picked up on of me not having covered the seeds properly.  It's the joys of doing a diary in here I'm getting alot of help and support as a beginner to make the magic happen.   I'll pop up some pics of those bubba kush as soon as they push through the soil 

• Like 3

So here's the bubba kush and the first one has already pushed through the soil.   I am going away for ten days on Tuesday but have someone to water my plants as and when.  I would like advice if possible.  Would i be better to leave the babies under a light just now to start them off or get them out in the cold frame or greenhouse before I go.  I'm at lat 55 and it's Baltic just now but been told to expect a heatwave next week

• Like 1

Just now, Happyeccentric said:

So here's the bubba kush and the first one has already pushed through the soil.   I am going away for ten days on Tuesday but have someone to water my plants as and when.  I would like advice if possible.  Would i be better to leave the babies under a light just now to start them off or get them out in the cold frame or greenhouse before I go.  I'm at lat 55 and it's Baltic just now but been told to expect a heatwave next week

I'd pot them up and leave them under lights if possible, will they be able to watered? It's not going to be that warm next week, although sunny... Warmth is probably more important at the baby stage. Good luck :)

• Like 3