Happyeccentrics 2019 grow diary

Happyeccentric

large.Screenshot_20190425-181921_Gallery.jpgCame in from work tonight and @Dinafem-Mark has been playing Santa and these bad boys have arrived.  Yaaaassssss. So grateful, going to do my best to make them a success

• Like 7

I'm about to dig my cold frame over again and put in some bone fish powder stuff.  Should I put it on the soil before or after I turn it over again?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

I'm about to dig my cold frame over again and put in some bone fish powder stuff.  Should I put it on the soil before or after I turn it over again?

I wouldn't dig it mate, just clear the weeds and add your bits after, maybe some compost too? and then cover with some cardboard or plastic for a couple of weeks or so until you are ready so the worms can take it down a bit.

• Like 2

Meantime I have my seeds now all in jiffy peat  plugs and have popped the bottom of a water bottle on top of them and put them under a cheap second hand led I've picked up.   I have decided to call the white widows xxl Marion,  Marion and Marion as I used to know a white women who was widowed three times and she was xxl.   She was quite potent and smelly so I'm hoping the name suits Marion, Marion and Marion large.Screenshot_20190428-173249_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

On 25/04/2019 at 6:40 PM, Happyeccentric said:

large.Screenshot_20190425-181921_Gallery.jpgCame in from work tonight and @Dinafem-Mark has been playing Santa and these bad boys have arrived.  Yaaaassssss. So grateful, going to do my best to make them a success

Yay, Nice to see they landed safe and sound mate ;)

You'll do a fine job buddy, have a little faith we do :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

So one Marion (ww xxl) has popped up and is looking superhealthy but the other two haven't yet.  I'm giving them more time to catch up and have my fingers crossed 

• Like 4

2 of mine seem to be a bit slow as well. If they're not up in a few days I'll respected them ;)

• Like 3

I just read that in your diary and wondered if they were may be slow starters as the rest of yours all look fab 

• Like 1

So I have dug the cold frame out again and broken the soil up with the hoe and added in some blood bone and fish .  The summer sunbathing area for Marion Marion and Marion is looking lush.   Here's a lick of one Marion pushing through and looking great and the other two are staying tucked up in bed still but I'm thinking they might like to take a bit longer to show their glory as @beezee has the same thing with them.   The one that is up looks like it loves the cheap light to start them offlarge.Screenshot_20190501-193437_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190501-192930_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7

Do the seeds in jiffys have soil over them? It looks like I can see them. For best results I've found they should have about 1cm of soil covering them :yep:

Edited by beezee
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, beezee said:

Do the seeds in jiffys have soil over them? It looks like I can see them. For best results I've found they should have about 1cm of soil covering them :yep:

I think the jiffy dry out quick and they may have risen up while watering.  Do you think I should pop some of my seedlings soil in top of the ones that haven't came up? 

• Like 2

Yes, definitely if that is the seed I can see. 

With those jiffys, you can just put water on the plate and let them soak it up. After 10-20mins poor the excess away ;)

• Like 5

Thanks it's my first time using the plugs so I've done that and put a little soil on the top.  Just gotta wait now and hope

• Like 3

So the two ones I was hoping to come up haven't yet shown so I may have murdered them but still crossing my fingers.  It's clearly my mistakes and not the seeds as the one that did come up has bad ass roots coming out of the jiffyplug already.   @beezeeare your two wwxxl popped up yet that were lagging? large.Screenshot_20190503-160140_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

My last wwa xxl starting showing this morning, but I'm still waiting on a dinamex auto...

• Like 4